Arvind Passey would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://www.passey.info ] IndiRank: 81

Is the writing style ok?

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
12 years ago

Just want your opinion on my writing style... and you'll get an idea by reading one post each from a few of the categories mentioned.

Yes, I have written on sports, on politics, there are reviews of books, films, theatre etc... there are abstractions, humour, wit, poetry and even short-stories.

The underlying writing style is obviously the same... and that is why i need to know if the style is attractive enough or needs a change.

Edited 9 years ago
Reason: added a keyword
Replies 1 to 10 of 10
Marita Abraham
Marita Abraham
from New Delhi
11 years ago

I really enjoyed your blog. The sheer range of topics that you have covered is testament not just to your skills of observation but to your inhereent curiosity. I liked the way the blog was laid out as well, sort of like a magazine and very easy to navigate around. 

Certainly a treasure to read. Good work!

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

Thank you @Marita! :)

Madhu Bhardwaj
Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago

Hi Arvind

Just read through a few of your blog posts. Like your clarity of expression and a generally easy going style.

Enjoyed your answer to the comment on your photography post. 

More power to the free spirit of bloggers.

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
10 years ago

Thanks a lot Madhu... writers survive on heart-felt comments on their writing.

Pallavi
Pallavi
from Delhi/Mumbai
9 years ago

I read your blog yesterday sir but could only come back today to review it. And I must tell you why. Your words, your story telling is so powerful that it moved me to tears. I was born in MP and being from that part of country yet being oblivious to all the discrimination around me that you se effectively portrayed in one of your posts shook me up. I like the topics you write on. Though it has no correlation with what I write about, I stalk newspapers to share my views on politics and social issues and am ecstatic at having found your blog where I can come to satisfy that need now. Since you just requested a review on your writing style, all I can say is that it is spell binding and very enjoyable. However, if I were to comment on your blog design, I'd still be able to give no constructive points to change as for your purpose, it seems flawless. Kudos to you sir. Really entertaining and thought provoking blog you have here.  

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Thanks for your wonderfully appreciative words, Pallavi.

Yes, that article that I recently wrote on the mindset of people in UP and MP was needed. Good that you read 'Outrage' and decided to comment on it. Hope the article is read by more people and ends up helping to make the situation slightly better for the under-privileged in this country.

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Come on guys... someone please tell me what is not right on my blog.

Swaviman
Swaviman
from Bhubaneswar
9 years ago

i enjoyed your articles a lot. One small thing i want to suggest is- try placing some bullet points or minor-headings while writting a bit longer posts so that it will be easier for readers to summarise and from user experience point of view it is considered as a great initiative. Thank you.

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Thank you Swaviman... an excellent suggestion and I have now decided to follow this tip.

Yes, bullets can give a fair degree of cohesion and make concepts clearer. Thank you again. :)

Subroto
Subroto
from Brisbane
9 years ago

I did a review and indiblogger ate it up Frown

I like the fact that it is easy to read in terms of layout and navigation.  I am not entirely sure if some of the entries under the category 'short stories' are really short stories or can be categorised as 'musing/reflections' instead.

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Well, if the content is fictional then it must be a story... but you're right, there are posts there that are more like a walk in a prarie of thoughts.

Will try to upload a few 'real' short-stories now that I have written them... and not leave just pretenders there.

Thank you for your review, buddy.

:)

Nickk Bisht
Nickk Bisht
from Delhi
9 years ago

Your every single word touched my soul. Wanna learn a lot from bloggers around like you.