Arun would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://movieretrospect.blogspot.com/ ] IndiRank: 70

please review my movie blog

Arun
Arun
from Madurai
12 years ago

The blog is about appreciating movies and it's makers. The blog also shares information, facts and opinions on various movies.

Replies 1 to 12 of 12
Superb well researched movie reviews. Crystal clear frame of presentation. Keep the passionate fire burning.
Arun
from Madurai
12 years ago

Thanks for ur review.That might motivate me more.

Janhvi
Janhvi
from Noida
12 years ago

i agree with Pramod Ji, you have a great blog and wonderful posts. Just a few tips, if I may:

1.  it seems to be your pattern that you start with the picture and then the whole text.... this is a personal opinion but I feel the picture (or another one)  should be somewhere in between, too much text together can be a bit of a turn off.

2. Get an email subsctiption widget. trust me, it works wonders.

3. Try not to have parallel material on sidebar, it makes it look crowded. 

Rest is lovely and fantastic.

Satya Prakash
Satya Prakash
from Patna
12 years ago

Good content. It is about movie but with different angle. not like zillions of other blogs on movie.

somesh mahanty
somesh mahanty
from durgapur
11 years ago

Man ur blog is awesome. Laughing And i too agree with pramod ji.. After his feedback, i dont think i have anything else to say

keep blogging!

somesh

Anand Chauhan
Anand Chauhan
from Howrah
11 years ago

I really liked your blog and your effort in letting us analyse movies through your writings... Great Stuff!

Bhargav
Bhargav
from Chennai
11 years ago

Loved the blog. Just one question, how do you manage to write everyday? 

Murtaza Ali
Murtaza Ali
from New Delhi
11 years ago

Your blog is simply great and I am a huge fan of you rwriting and really respect your love for cinema. But, please do let me know how you actually manage to post so regularly :-)

Rajesh K
Rajesh K
from Chennai
11 years ago

Good content, topics and analysis. Be careful with generously displaying pictures/text that are not copyrighted to you. The popular posts could show more entries and display a google translate widget somewhere in the sidebar (blogger has an inbuilt widget). I guess your target audience are the followers of world cinema from any country, but some focus on quality Indian movies might get you even more subscribers.

Stagg Mann
Stagg Mann
from Stagg Landd
11 years ago

TBH I think you are in the wrong forum Arun. I don't think the members here would know of artists like Orson Welles or Kieslowski. There are plenty of great forums out there for movie fanatics like yourself. Getting hits to your blog is 1 thing, getting appreciation is something else.

Indiblogger is more for simple minded lesser beings like me who write **** jokes for a blog. Your work is awesome, and you should take it to likeminded people who understand and appreciate cinematic art.

Arun
from Madurai
11 years ago

Yeah. You are right. I get a lot of hits but not much comments. I have joined in some of the art cinema forums. Can you suggest me some of the best forums or groups about art cinema.

Stagg Mann
Stagg Mann
from Stagg Landd
11 years ago

Right now I can think of only Flixster, I think it would be perfect for you. Other than that imdb and rottentomatoes also have discussion boards.

Sanjay Madhavan
Sanjay Madhavan
from Chennai
10 years ago

You are doing a great job reviewing the movies. I just felt you can give less of the plot in your reviews, and if you can concentrate more on the film appreciation, subtext, and other aspects.

Regards,

Sanjay

Arun
from Madurai
10 years ago

Thanks for your views. Due to work load, reviewing seems to be a little easier than writing about the wider aspects of a movie. I will soon concentrate on analyzing the various subtexts of a movie.

Raghav Thakur
Raghav Thakur
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I love it, you are totally on-topic and nothing else.. There are people like me, who deviate a lot from their goal.. Just keep posting,