Looking for Feedback on my not-so-new Blog.All kinds of suggestions will be appr
Usually I call people by their first names, but I am gonna make an exception because I don't wanna call you "hopeless" :P
Hi Romantic, (by the way I know your name, but calling you so, just for the hell of it.)
\Here's my review,
1. You not a fan of useful widgets? Add some useful widgets in there like a facebook plugin, an email subscription thingy, popular posts etc. They help you increase the traffic and makes it more userfriendly.
2. Show more than one post in your homepage, your poems are short, though beautiful. So show at least say five posts at a time. It's kinda really empty now.
3. If you haven't yet noticed, the image is peeping through the gap between the area for posts and that for the widgets. Do something about it.
4. The poems are really nice and sweet- most of 'em. Keep writing.
Devan,Thank you so much for the suggestions.I wanted a fuss-free blog.And one of the reason I did not add plugins and widgets.As per your suggestion,I've addedFollow via email widget.Share and Like on Facebook.Popular post widget.and Edited to 5 posts per page.And Thanks for appreciation
Lots of topics which are likeable !!! Your Blog is clear and easy nice and simple , !! !!! Has a girly touch to it !
so add some more gadgets and widgets , its too simple !!! facebook , twitter , follow no of vistors !! about you section.
Its a nice blog overall , i like it !!
Do review My blog as well !!
Your name itself speaks for your creativity! Excellent inkings and Congratulations on completing the challenge! You are brilliant with your blank verses, keep it going
Some suggestions though-
- Increase the size of your post window. As of now it looks a bit contrived with too much of the background peeping through.
- I am not too fond for the black color in the post body. It looks good for a photo blog but for a writer like you? I personally find it a bit straining to the eyes. I would suggest a lighter background so that the text is clearly visible.
- Add a Followers widget, I am sure there are many who want you to show up in their dashboard
- Add the About Me right at the top, followed by the followers, archives, labels, etc. Also, the follow by email is showing twice, once in the sidebar and also in the footer. Delete one of it. Take the other one and put it in the sidebar bellow the followers widget that you are gonna add.
- The template background is a tad distracting and takes the focus away from your writings, I feel. Try to find a more sober alternative to it that will not shift a readers attention from *Your* words.
All in all, a great blog with lots of creativity and talent! Keep those lines and verses coming!
Arti,I'm thankful to you,for your suggestions :)I have made the changes regarding the widgets as you've suggested but about the Background,I am searching for some creative one so I decided to Add my Journal's page as my background till I find something perfect and about the post black background,thats to go with the page.But when I find my perfect background,I'll switch to another one.Thank you so much for taking your precious time out and enlivening my spirit :)