A case of vanishing widgets....

Anu
Anu
from singapore
12 years ago

This fine day, I logged into my blog and found that all my external widgets were gone. I had google ads, indiblogger badge, feedburner and copyscape widgets and they just disappeared.Surprised Has it happened with any fellow bloggers too? It happened when I added a linkback code from another blog in a widget.

Any insights on how to prevent it in future?

Thank you.

Replies 1 to 2 of 2 Descending
Anu
Anu
from singapore
12 years ago

@Ranjith, I've put it up in a widget. Still this error! Nonetheless the reports are being generated. So I guess I shouldn't worry?

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
@ Anu Put the code in your template html from the template editor....
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
But if its generating reports than it should be fine, where did you install the code?
Anu
Anu
from singapore
12 years ago

DS, its in a widget in the footer. Its untitled.

Thats what I thought, if its churning up the reports its ok. But just afraid if it'll crash or make a mess in the future if the installation is incomplete in some way.

N about editing the template...I am bugged by this basic Q from the very first day. How in the world do I do that? My WP says that can't edit the template files coz they r read-only.

Thanks for all of urs help.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Sorry Anu, I thought that your blog is on Blogger. You can edit your template files there. I have no clue about WP. Search something like 'google analytics for WP' and see if it helps.
Anu
from singapore
12 years ago

No probs DS, thanks for looking anyway.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Ask SubashChy, He might be able to help you...

LockSign in to reply to this thread