Locked The Fool's Reviews

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

The reviews have been stopped but people already on the list if still interested can send me a personal message. I will keep my commitment. People who have forgotten their requests - good for you, good for me.

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: Remove www from link
Replies 1 to 20 of 67 Descending

Hey Fool,

I am in a desparate need to renew my blog (look and feel). But you can please review my blog for other aspects also. The blog to be reviewed is ExcelMatic. The link is provided on my profile.

Also, it would be great if you can suggest me any good template for the blog (I am looking out for templates that are best suited for tutorial blogs).

Rishie

Santosh BS
Santosh BS
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Let me know if you are keen on reviewing my travel/photography blog?

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

@ Rishie - I am not giving advice from the scratch. My reviews would be more as a user - how useful I am finding your blog like how book and movie reviews are done. I would also want my reviews to be able to showcase good blogs to my readers. My comments for improvements would ideally be just some tweaks on already excellent blogs .So ideally I would take up your blog for review after you have finalized your template etc.

@Santosh B S - Your blog looks pretty good and I wouldn't mind taking it up for review. If your interested in getting a review done by me, check out the post on my blog from December 2011 archives regarding my reviews and leave the details required as a comment. I have already done my first review. It is also there in the December 2011 archives. You can check it out and see to get a feel of what kind of reviews I will be doing.

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Kudos to you for this great initiative!

It would be an honour to get my blog reviewed by a wonderful reviewer like you. I will definitely queue up my blog on your site as desired.

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Sure, Arti. Do put the details on the comments section. So my pipeline is full. The following would be my list of reviews.

1. Stan (Completed)

2.Narcissist (Today or Tomorrow)

3. Leo (Before next weekend)

4. Animesh

5. Arti

6. Santosh (if requested)

So I guess I have enough reviews to do for quite some time. Shall bumpt this thread up again once my pipeline is empty.

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Narcissist's blog - Review is done.

Leo's Blog - I spent time going over the blog. Had formulated my thoughts and was almost ready to pen it when I decided to postpone by review. Reason being I feel his blog is currently in a very fluid state. I agreed to do the review even though he did not meet necessary criteria as he has been blogging for 5 years on  a different blog and he had moved all his 1300 posts to the new blog. But on going over it, I find he has not just ported existing blog to a different platform but changed name as well. And look and feel of new blog  I personally beleive a blog has a character and the name is an integral part of the character. I know what I am saying may sound crazy. But I am sure Leo understands what I am talking about. He once tried giving up his pen name Leo and tried writing as Vinay and his muse did not respond too enthusiastically. I feel moving his muse away from Rhyme without Reason is a similar move and only time will tell if the muse adapts to her new home. So I would hold my review till then. However I can give feedback on a pesonal message.

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

That's OK Smile Don't remove my blog from the pipeline though, K. Even I know it feels fluid, and that I might settle in slowly, I put in the request so I wont lose the opportunity of the review from one of the most honest commenters out there! Laughing Cheers.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Definitely, I would love to review yours, Leo. As you know I have been following you for 2 years now. I am not liking your blog's new name much. I have a feeling you will go back to the name I Ryhme without Reason. That has been your brand, your identity. How can you let that go? Also right now blog is looking a bit too plain for a poetry blog.

As I have mentioned I want my reviews to sell new blogs to my readers. So it has to settle down to be able to charm the new readers.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

And Leo, thanks for not mistaking me and understanding why I want to delay my review.

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Hey, I know you since a couple of years too Smile can't misunderstand the intention. No worries. I respect the suggestion. I let it go coz Art L'ecriture means Art of Writing and well, I wrote more than rhymes. Smile felt that would be good.  I wish I could edit templates and make it like my IRWR Blogspot blog, but Wordpress has template limitations and none are so flashy. Undecided Hence I chose the simple template. I understand that you want to sell the blog to your readers through your reviews, and I appreciate that, its a wonderful thing. I also feel my muse would return to IRWR, since well, like u said, its part of me. but template wise, my hands are tied Frown

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Animesh's blog - Again I agree though his blog did not meet the criteria as he has already been blogging for 2 years on a different genre. I have gone through all the 3 stories in 12 posts. I feel that is not sufficient to give a serious opinion publicly. And the genre is also new - personal blog is not same as stories blog. So will hold that review too. Again can share my impressions and thoughts on a personal message. 

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Next up are

1. Arti's Blog

2. Santosh's blog.

Hopefully I can do both by next weekend or the weekend after at max. Then I can call for new requests again.

Santosh BS
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Thanks man!

Will be waiting for it :)

DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
This is an awesome initiative! I will put my blog up for a review by you, it will be a real pleasure to have it reviewed by somebody whose writing skills I much appreciate. I will add my blog details in your comment soon! Just a small question, do you like cricket?
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Sure, DS. From what little I have seen of your blog, it seemed pretty good. Will take up the review after Arti and Santosh if it meets the criteria. It will be another different genre to showcase to my readers.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
So you like cricket? I take the answer as a YES :)
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

No. Not anymore. But there was a time before internet came when I used to maintain a diary of all cricket players with photos and used to do the statistics and keep cuttings of all cricket matches from the newspaper. So it will be kind of nostalgic and I might enjoy if you have done a great job. (Sorry I haven't been following your blog closely in the past. This initiative is an opportunity for me also to read good blogs and see what all they have done right and give feedback on a few small things they can improve. Plus for any pure reader, an impartial bloggger who does blog reviews like book and movie reviews can be helpful to decide what blogs to follow.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Oh! So just like me... I still have those books filled with cuttings... I have stopped now but the love for the game has grown manifold... Why you distanced yourself from it, if I may ask... You seemed to love it reading your childhood stories...
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

See I had a momentory disullisionment when all the match fixing came out and Azhar, Cronje etc. were caught. I think almost all cricket lovers may have had it. In that time I move on to other things such as reading science fiction/ fantasy books etc. Then no longer had time for cricket. Whereas in my childhood, I could follow a test match for 5 days on weak signals of a transistor, I began to find an entire day match tedious to watch compared to other options I had for my limited time. By the time 20-20 came I had not watched cricket for close to 7-8 years. So never go started on 20-20

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Cricket lost a genuine follower... Even I had those doubts at that time, but I was too small(10-12 years) to grasp its entire consequences... Thanks for sharing your story, looking forward to a review from you. Will submit details soon.
Farida Rizwan
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Looking at the rush here, I am hesitating to ask you to review my blog. Would love it if you say yes. I will send you the links when you are free to review my blog.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Don't hestitate Ms Farida. I shall definitely review your blog - only it will take some time. I will put you on the queue and keep updating on this thread as I complete each review. So you can post a comment on my blog with necessary details once your blog is nearing the top of my list. In next couple of days, I will post the list of blogs planned for reviews after completing the review of Arti's blog.

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I have complete the review of Arti's blog. Review can be found on my blog. The following is going to be the order of reviews coming up

1. Santosh B S

2. DS (If he submits the Request on blog)

3. Indiana Ronaldo (If blog meets all criteria)

4. Santosh (Santa)

5. Farida

6. Angad Achappa

In between I shall accomodate Leo as well as and when his blog settled down. So any more new requests will take time. I will keep updating this thread as I go ahead with my reviews. Meantime people can check my first 3 reviews and let me know if it does full justice to the blogs.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Submitted mine:)
Sree Prasanna Rajagopal
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Actually mine doesn't meet all criteria. The age factor, I mean. Hoping you would make an exception. :)Do tell me when and if you have decided against it.   

Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

So I am 5th on the list. Really looking forward to hear from you. BTW is there some way through which I can pay you back?

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

@IndianaRonaldo - As I said I will look at your blog. If I feel I can do justice to it at the current point of time, I shall review it. If not, possibly I would postpone the same till some more aging.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

@Farida - No issues. Wait till I actually review your blog before talking of paying back, thnaking etc. It will take some time as I might be doing 1 or 2 blogs a week. So it might take as much as a month for me to do it.

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago
Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Many thanks for all the kind words you have said there for My Yatra Diary... and for your valuable time, highly appreciate the gesture. It surely makes my day to be appreciated by a reviewer like you. I will try to work on the suggestions too. I felt really happy and honored on reading it. Thank You very much Smile

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Santosh BS out of the list. Here you go.

http://luciferhouseinc.blogspot.com/2012/01/huchare-santhe.html

Next up - cricket blog of DS. May take some time as I have lot of things to do in weekend.

Updated list

1. DS

2. Indiana Ronaldo (If I decide to take up)

3. Santosh (Santa)

4. Farida (If details submitted on comments of my blog post)

5. Angad Achappa

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Take your time! Do it at leisure:)
Christopher
from Sivakasi
12 years ago

What should i do to add mine at 6th?? 

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

@Christopher - You should add details on my blog. See the link on the top of the thread. If you add it, you will be the 7th. 6th has already been added - Dheeraj Shenoy.

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

K, is it OK to add the links here? ( I mean, it is the forum main after all, it is against the rules I should think, right?)

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

It was clarified on the other thread that if the links had a purpose and was not meant for self publicity, it is fine. Obviously it is going to be tough for people to go and search through my archives for the review link and I guess I need to give people samples of what my reviews are like.  So far none of the indipolice has objected. So I guess it is fine.

Santosh BS
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Man, I'm pretty much out of words to thank you for the initiative you have taken and the pain to read through many posts and many blogs and prepare a review, seriously I do not have such patience and frankly people do not appreciate even a lighter negative comment (all want to hear good things) Innocent

My heartfelt appreciation to you on this wonderful effort. I was aware of the few bugs / drawbacks in my blogs and there a few more that you have specified, hopefully they should be sorted out in some time (I'm not into this coding stuff and that's holding these changes back...)Cool

Well, your tips are my commands, I had in mind same ideas of topics to post and positively should appear soon, and please... i'm just an amateur photographer and nowhere near as good as you have described, trust me Smile

I will put up comments probably more specific to the points raised in your blog and a backlink in my blog soon. Thanks once again Wink

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Glad you like my review, Santosh. I really found your photos really good. I have never been able to shoot birds, only see them from binocolurs. Of course there may be people beter than you, this Angad on my list for instance.But I found your photos also amazing.

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago
Reviews full for atleast for next 1.5 months. Latest Review list. Nice to explore so many different blogs having different themes. 1. DS 2. Indiana Ronaldo (If I decide to take up) 3. Santosh (Santa) 4. Farida 5. Angad Achappa 6.Dheeraj Shenoy 7. Christopher
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Details submitted. 

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I think I should put off DS's review by a couple of months. I have shared some feedback on Indi mail.

I think Indiana Ronaldo's blog also needs more time to develop. In many ways his blog is similar to mine - right from the logic of the title to the range of topics covered to the overall objective of the blog. But the blog has been really active for just 3 months. That is too short a period for a blog, more so one without a niche. Thee are hardly 3-4 of every type of post. However I would say in 6 months of existense this blog is much ahead of where I was at the end of 2 years. But this blog would need another couple of months of active posting before it is ready for a formal detailed review. 

Christopher's blog is again too new I feel. Hardly 3-4 months and very few posts. So again it is too early to really say something comprehensive.

So now the latest plan for review is as below.

1. Santosh (Santa)

2. Farida

3. Angad

4. Dheeraj Shenoy

Sree Prasanna Rajagopal
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thanks, Fool. I guess I'll just carry on with the journey for some more months before I ask for any reviews. :D

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Will reply to your indimail soon. Will submit again in a few months:) Cheers:)
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Thanks, DS and IndianaRonaldo for takin it in the right spirit. I feared I might end up making people upset with this initiative rather than making people happy as I intended to. But I want to retain my reputation as a bluntly honest reviewer. I  want to write only reviews which are at least 90% positive and only 10% negative. So if I feel a blog needs to put in a little more to get to the 90% (in my humble opinion, which may be wrong also), I would like to share feedback personally and wait for the blog to get there before posting my review.

Farida Rizwan
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Eagerly looking forward for the review.. 

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Will be up in a week's time hopefully. Yesterday I was going over Indiana Ronaldo and DS blogs. Today I have blogger meet, a book to review from Blog Adda and a new series based on Mayan legends on my blog. To say nothing of office work, which will spike up next week on having shaken off year start blues. So please be patient.

Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I am very patient... don't worry about my patience at all. I never bite.

nice initiative, dude, thumbs up to you.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Thanks, Pramod. Were you missing from here for a couple of days?

Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Mine please bro :)

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

You can submit the details at my website. Shall decide based on criteria. One thing I can see at first glance. Too many personal details out there. Not something I would recommend. 

Kirti
Kirti
from Kharagpur, west bengal
12 years ago

hi!

i have posted all the details you wanted on your blog. i seriously hope you find my blog interesting enough to review. 

thanks

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Sure, kirti. Will take time, though as too many others in the list. You know I take time going through a lot of posts to give comprehensive feedback.

LockThis topic is locked.