A wish-list for prizes here...
I'm sure we all nurture that small but not inconsequental wish to find and win something that we dearly want but are somehow never able to buy!
It is a good idea to let the world know of your wish... there may some strategist somewhere who may create a contest where you ultimately win it before it is too late...
Let me begin with my small wish-list for prizes here on indiblogger:
1. Mitsubishi Pajero (Now please, don't write ROFL or LOL)
2. Diving certificate course + deep sea diving in at least three different locations
3. Bose audio system
4. Sky diving certification
5. Some world-class publisher inviting & accepting my manuscript for a novel
Well, this is just the tip of the iceberg, so to say... but makes me dream quite a bit about these goodies of life that have eluded me somehow.
I'm sure you too have a secret wish-list of yours... share it here... maybe the strategists at indiblogger will read and invite the right sponsors! :)
Reason: Spelling error noticed.
I think I would be too greedy to expect to win a car. Don't win anyways. Irrespective of the prizes, I desire to win just to prove my writing prowess.
Again not specifically interested in Audio system. If I had wanted I could have easily bought one on my own. Diving and sky diving look exciting but never going to get leave at office for that. The 5th one is the most exciting for me - If I can get publishing deal, nothing like it. But not sure how that can be managed through an Indi contest.
Just seeing my NAME on winners list is enough for me.
But I would really love it, if the prize would be AN ICE CREAM FACTORY
I agree with Poo.. seeing my name of the winner's list is more than enough.. I will be jumping up and down like a ping pong ball.. I will have tales to say about the win that can bore my friends enough..
I think I'll add to my wish-list...
Nikon DSLR camera would be just lovely!
We've also been planning to buy a dishwasher for quite a while now but have never got down to buying it so far.
I'd love to be the owner of PVR cinemas for a month at least! :)
Hahaha.. Owner of PVR cinemas.
How about a monthly pass to the PVR cinemas?
this reminded me of Joshua Loth Liebman (1907-1948) who wrote a best seller book " peace of mind".
At the age of 25 he had made a list of things he needed to be happy and before presenting it to god for demands, he showed it to a village aged man, if he had missed out any important thing. Old man tore his list and wrote a word on a piece of paper " peace of mind".
Joshua at that time cursed the old man for his nutty behaviour. later when he grew old, he understood all his pursuits to be worthless and remembered the old man.
Then he wrote the book " peace of mind" which remained bestseller on newyork charts for a year.
Nice one, Pramod ji... but I wasn't really trying to harp on my wish-list... this thread was meant to just see what sort wish-list would other bloggers come up with.
So far as I am concerned, I don't really bother much about prizes... though I surely want people to read what I write and the surest way of getting this is by winning a prize! So yes, I do love winning!! :)
Yes, I've also found out that winning allows you to be at peace with yourself and this pushes you write in peace!
Here goes my wish list....
1. A year of Paid leaves
2. At least an year supply of free petrol (thou I'm a petro-man, I still have to pay for it :/ )
3. A high speed everywhere-available on the go free internet with a MacBook
4. Friends with Big Ears :P
that will ensure someone would always there to listen to my bragging...
But you have to find someone like thatotherwise they might run away
That's why I wished it as a Winning Prize...pakk jayein parr sath me rhein...
If everyone is sharing wildest fantasies, here go mine
1. Read all the Best books ever written
2. Write a book that sells more copies than Harry Potter
3. Travel to a all parts of the world
4. A trip to outer space, preferably beyond the solar system
5. My own castle with a thick jungle around and a moat with crocodiles
Wow. This I LOVE. First one even I wantVery Badly. Second one only you can do.
Oh yes,travel to outer space beats all else----me too in competition with you if the chance ever comes!
I guess the kind of Prizes we're asking for, indBlogger will have to hire a Genie and not some worldly sponsors...
Well (G)enie and (R)enie may be long lost brothers!!!
Only G & R seperates them, u see!!
Nice thread Arvind....my only wish apart from what i said earlier is,a swanky music system (my Philips Powerhouse is doddering )but i need to research which one is simple to operate so that it does not become a pain in the head....any recommendations ?
@Punit If there is anything I've realised in the past few months it is this:
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR INDIBLOGGER!
APPLE MACBOOK AIR...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!plxzzzzzzzz
Looks like someone listened to you :-)
Vodafone Internet is Fun contest is here.. 1st Prize - MacBook Pro
Let me add more to my wish-list:
1. "Blogging Ambassador" for TAG Heuer... this is surely a fascinating idea and indiblogger can think of pitching this as a prize. I'm sure many companies will jump at such concepts.
2. "Blogging Consultant" to the Prime Minister of India!
Notebooks are the best stuff a blogger can get. We should be getting more of those. A prosumer camera is a good touch as well. Rest can be stuff like USB 3.0 Flash drives, a trip somewhere, etc- like all paid expense trip to expos like computex or CES.
Never seen a desktop as a prize for any contest here on indiblogger.
How about a contest where there are at least 20 desktops to be won! :)
(Obviously with the latest configuration.)
1. A BIG Gadget Goodie Bag with all the netbooks, notebooks, laptops, ipads + whatever TS has mentioned in his reply, all that!
2. Unlimited free travel packages to any place in the world, for a year at least!
3. A chance to meet all the forum heroes + 10 more IndiBloggers of my choice together, at a place decided by me!
4. An Exclusive IndiBlogger Tee with my name imprinted on it and autographed by all the forum heroes, the IndiPolice, the IndiTeam and if possible by all the other IndiBloggers as well!
That's it for now.. Will update my wish list as and when I can think of some more things.
Btw, very nice topic Arvind ji! Someone please tag this to the team... it's urgent!
@Arti ...Points 3 & 4 are worthy of applause!
And to all the fantastic suggestions here: What an idea! (Hope the indiblogger team is paying strategic attention!)
My wish list:
1. A BMW vision.
2. concert tickets for Linkin Park concert.
3. A seat in say HCU or IISER without me having to give the exam :P (thats honestly all i can think of at the moment)
4. A house full of novels
5. A chance to meet Ian hecox!!!! *i think i will just die with happiness :P*
thats all for now i think :P
hehe :P yeah i know. hey Pooja what say abt you know us going to Hogwarts!!!! thats the best thing i can wish for!!
ohhh i dont think that would be possible on indiblogger though!!
Thats the best thing anyone can wish for.
Maybe Renie has some secret doorJust like the way NARNIA's entrance was behind a cupboard.
Maybe HOGWARTS door is somewhere here.
I believe even if i am given a participation certificate, i am happy dear, i believe more than winning it is the participation which matters. A material gift can be digested or outdated but having a certificate in one's folder will add immense satisfaction and give one a peace of mind rather than be greedy craving for more and more.
When I was in school, even I used to love collecting certificates. Probably even now. They gave me an award in office last year. There was just gift vouchers and no certificate. I was so pissed. Did not even feel like collecting the vouchers.
I am so glad that some of us still cherish the certificates rather all the material things offered. I still cherish my certificates of Best Batsmen, Civil defense 2 rank, National Knowledge commission and NCC B certificate.
Wow, Umesh. Real all rounder you have been. So many talented bloggers we have here.
I do cherish my collection of Certificates ( a proud half century)
And, Umesh ji...main bhi NCC B Certificate holder hun Air wala....
Vaise, I love my Std II's Certifcate, the only in sports, that I won for 2nd position in sack-race :P
@Punit.. Same pinch But I won the "sack-race" in III'rd
@Ritvik but that was the only certificate I ever hav in Sports...
I hope somebody tag this message to the Indi Management for implementation.
One small catch though, Umesh - The participation certificates from competetions where there was no restriction in participation felt like meaningless pieces of paper. If each school were allowed one team and I represented school, then it made sense. But essay writing contests where anyone can participate and you get a certificate for scribbling any damn junk and submitting did not feel valuable.
as far as wishlists are corncerned , being a gadget freak
would love to get a few of them :
1. a 1 TB external HDD
2. an iPhone may be too much to expect but still would be nice :p
3. a real good set of headphones , maybe Skullcandy or Razer
4. tickets for a trip somewhere inside India ( have a lot of friends who I've never met) or to Malaysia or Singapore :D
And well it would be awesome to win a contest atleast one time , and that itself would mean a lot , when put against the best out there :)
Thread starts with the wish for a Pajero, and iPhone too much to expect ;)
@Sankar '...to win a contest at least one time' is surely a great dream to have but this is one wish that cannot be given away as a prize! :)
Just adding to my wish-list:
* One year of unlimited 3G broadband
* Couple ticket to London Olympics (obviously, with airfare and stay there!)
* Opportunity to be an RJ on some radio network (Red FM, Radio Mirchi etc) for 6 months responsible for a program where blogging is discussed between songs!
Arvind ji, seems you have done a good homework before starting this thread...all the Prizes you have wished have been on most of bloggers' wishlist too :D
I recommend you to move to the ranks of Rennie and Vinni, that way you would be in a better position to decide those for us
Yeah - Agree with Punit. Why don't you get sponsors and organize contests on Real Fiction, Mr. Passey?