Attention, buying/selling blog ideas needed.

i had an interesting query. we blog and are passionate bloggers.  we never know the worth of our efforts, till we get a lucrative offer, though we maynot have been able to garner prizes.

though i didn't sell out, the feeling of worth still has me flying high.

please throw in views on it. should sell or continue.   

if I buy , what all should i look for, 

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

I think that buying/ selling blogs wouldn't really be profitable except for the one who has sold the blog. A blog speaks through the voice of the blogger and once the blogger leaves the blog in someone else's hand, the blog is dead. Though buying/ selling content rich made-for-Google websites might really be profitable.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

By the way, how much were you offered? Sealed Smile

ohhk, like if i get an ipad for mymusings, will it be better to part, 

i have a buy offer for a cookery blog too, if any cookery site wants to  cash in.

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
11 years ago
As Ranjit already said, an essense of a blog is the blogger himself. What you can buy is his services and you own the platform. A good example would be Huffington post.. Or Laxmi's Gingerchai. You provide the platform, inspire bloggers to contribute and then you can find a buyer for the platform. Your Marriagebook.in seems a good place to begin with. You gotta polish it. Your target buyers can be any of the matrimonial service providers.
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Laxmi's Ginger Chai is sold?

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
11 years ago

na, i was just quoting an example for platform...

thanks hemal, for the enlightenment, 

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

As everyone pointed out, a blogger must be clear what he or she is selling - the platform or his service. If you need to sell the platform, you need to build regular contributor base, traffic etc. and be a niche in the segment. Then someone may buy it.

If you are selling your services, you just need to write well and get noticed by the right people. After you get noticed, I feel it will probably make sense to do most of your writing as guest authors on other blogs that have large audience base. If you are doing really weel and the other blogs are commercial blogs, you may even charge per article. 

righto fool,

any new insights friends, as well any seller of cook blog interested
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
11 years ago

One big thing that I missed mentioning is whenever you are buying out a blog, ensure you have a legal contract signed which has clarity on how the blog will be maintained (ensuring the seller's interest) as well as responsibility of the existing content remains with the seller even after the sale. This ensures that you are not liable for any content that is plagarized.

thanks hemal for great pointer 

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

But are you buying platform or content? Most cookery blogs are maintained by single person. So who is going to put new recipes if you take the blog?

platform, with content that is there. As a start up posts are needed to launch the blog. and later buyer will be adding his/her recipe's as per time. buyer gets the existing rank og blog. it can be a  blogspot blog also. content should be original, not plagiarized.

LockSign in to reply to this thread