New to IndiBlogger - Could be Silly Questions

WealthuCreate
WealthuCreate
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Hello Friends,

Its just couple of weeks, i have joined Indiblogger. I am yet to explore the variety of features that are available.  Nice if somebody could answer my questions.

• Was going through some of the forum threads. I did notice memember saying post your article on IndiVine so that you get more readers. Today for the first time i did it. Who will read the posting? Is only members of this Indiblogger?
  • I see some number next to the heart symbol. Why dont i have it?
  • There is some number next to Star symbol too. For me it say's NA.

Finally the most important question :  Do people see any improvement in readers or visitors by posting article on IndiVine.?

Replies 1 to 4 of 4 Descending
Medha Nagur
Medha Nagur
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Hi WealthuCreate. Welcome to IndiBlogger community.

I just checked your blog. You have an awesome blog. Congratulations. Smile

• The number next to Star symbol indicates your blog rank. Since you are new to indiblogger you will have to wait till the next update of the indi-ranks. NA indicates no rank but I am not sure of the exact abbrevation of NA.
  • Heart is nothing but the love from fellow bloggers on indiblogger! I mean it's the number of votes you have got for a particular post on indivine. Only inidblogger members can vote or promote your posts on indivine. You might have not got any votes as of now. That is the reason for no numbers next to heart.
  • Non-indiblogger members can read your posts submitted to indivine but only members can vote for it (you know show some love to your posts!).

Your last question is the difficult one to answer. It's your luck plus your bond with other members on indiblogger that dertermines visitors to your blog! I mean to say as you expect people to read your posts, others too want their posts to be read and commented by you. It's most of the times action and reaction law that works well!Wink

What do my other blogger buddies have to say about this?

WealthuCreate
WealthuCreate
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Thank You Animesh, Narayan, Medha for your response.

Tell you what, yesterday night i posted one article on IndiVine, today morning i see 70 new articles after i posted. It was surprizing.

Then i realised when there are so many new post, who will read mine... but was suprized to see one like :)

I have started following other blog recently.

Animesh
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Increase your network mate. You will be discovered then Smile

WealthuCreate
WealthuCreate
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Catching it Captain Awesome... Am not a very social guy. It is very recent that i have come up with FB page for my blog. Trust me, i did take help of some of my cousins who are college going kids :).

Well when you say Network - Do you mean to say just click on like button? if i do so, will i get notification every time there is post from the person whom i liked the post. In other words- if i like somebody's article/article, is there a way that i get notification everytime there is an update from the blogger?

Animesh
from Mumbai
11 years ago

What I meant add people to your network on Indiblogger. Then there is an option on dashboard of reading posts from your network. Read their posts, comment there, leave your link, promote their posts if it deserves to be. It will help you a lot

Nitin Kandhari
Nitin Kandhari
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Oh WOW!

I'm new to Indiblogger (Joined today). Registered my blog (http://reviewofrestaurants.blogspot.in) yesterday and got an approval today. I've started with FAQ and forum sections and already in love with this whole system.... yet to begin networking which I will do ofcourse..  

This thread is particularly helpful. Thank to Wealthucreate to have started it and thank you all (Animesh, Madha) for the informative responses.

Cheers!

Nitin

LockSign in to reply to this thread