How do I get accolodes or awards for blogging?

Arghyadeep Kundu
Arghyadeep Kundu
from Kolkata
10 years ago

In many blogs I have seen awards like Kreative Blogger award or Versatile Blogger award given in the side bars. So how do we get those awards? And, how do you get the info of the contest where it is being given?

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

socialize with other bloggers in blogosphere... slowly you'll be a part of this big community and it won't be a tough hunt for you to gather some awards... take it easy...

Arghyadeep Kundu
from Kolkata
10 years ago

thanks fr da advice....bt stl i haven't ever seen such contests though I have gone through many blogs....

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

firstly, as the forum rule says- you can't use SMS lingo .....

secondly, you need to navigate more blogs to come across such awards... don't get impatient... blogosphere has expanded too much... more than we can think of...

Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago

....Also be creative and versatile. :)

Arghyadeep Kundu
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Thanks Anunoy for introducing me to the rule. I am new in the forum.

Vishal Verma
Vishal Verma
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Why not use Indiblogger Badges http://www.indiblogger.in/badges.php

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

+1.

IndiBlogger badges look more attractive than those award badges. Wink

Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago

This is the right answer.

Arghyadeep Kundu
from Kolkata
10 years ago

I am using a lot of those badges. They are one of the first thing I have put in my blog. So now I am looking for some awards.

DS
DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
Those awards are not something to die for. Once you have your own blogger friend circle, they will give you those awards, for FREE. Those awards are passed on just like that, there are no contests held.
Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Yes, I agree. Those awards are appreciations by our fellow blogger friends that in turn inspire us to do better. More than its display in the sidebar, (personally) what matters more to me in this awards passing thing is the sheer thought of give and take of appreciation and inspiration that helps strengthen bonds between the bloggers involved.

Arghyadeep Kundu
from Kolkata
10 years ago

But the saddeest thing is I don't have any friends in my blogging circle except one. i tried a lot but still couldn't make new friends in my blogging community. Do you have any suggestions on how I can make new friends??

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

@Arghyadeep - Read "How to make friends and influence people' by Dale Carnegie.

Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@Arghyadeep Reach out to fellow bloggers and touch them with your genuine words, be a giver and expect nothing in return (neither comments nor awards). Remember not everyone who deserves an award, necessarily gets one ;) So.. dont be sad, have patience and keep blogging. Good Luck! :)

Arghyadeep Kundu
from Kolkata
10 years ago

@Fool where do i get that book?

@Arti Now that is something new...will try it out!! Hope it works!!!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@AK On Flipkart Smile

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Some person A wanted to do something crazy crazy. He created a small image and sent a mail to a few bloggers he knew stating that it was an award and that they need to blog about it and pass it on to 5 other blogger they like. So, it's something like chain mail.

Some awards are being circulated even today while some were not so lucky.

While it's not a bad thing to accept those awards, it's also not a good thing to fill your sidebar with those [ not so attractive ] badges. Sealed

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

thats why i told him, he can invent one himselfTongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I'll invent one but with a slight modification - Every recipient of the award should mention that the award was instituted by me and should link to my blog - I'll get tons of backlinks. Cool

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

nothing innovative... most of the awards are made to get backlinks only

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Who said that they are innovative. Tongue out

But I never saw the creator getting the backlinks...

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

edit : crazy crazy -> crazy Wink

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Ranjith - I have a more interesting idea - Institute an award and in some clever way inscribe your name or personal mark inside the image. Once it has gone viral - you can reveal your mark to the world and become famous.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

@Anunoy - And I was thinking you considered me innovative and gave me the award.

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Related forum threads : 1 2

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Read those threads. Conclusion: these awards are useless and wastage of time, if you have some spare.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Nice conclusion. Wink

Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago

Last word. So forget awards. Make friends and hope they will read your posts AND leave comments on it. :)

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Or still better forget awards, forget traffic, forget friends - Just write for the love of it.

Arghyadeep Kundu
from Kolkata
10 years ago

@Fool I am blooging for almost 2 years by now & am still at it just because I love to write. Otherwise i would have quitted long back.

Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago

@TF agreed.

LockSign in to reply to this thread