Facing pop ups in my blog in wordpress

Mamta Sharma
Mamta Sharma
from Ahmedabad
10 years ago

I am new to wordpress and not so technical to handle coding! For 2 days whenever I click any link of page of my blog a pop up of stockphoto comes up abruptly and without closing I cannot view my blog.

My blog is www.gudbe.com with a free theme! Is the problem due to this!

Can someone help how to sort out this issues!

Regards,

Mamta sharma

Replies 1 to 9 of 9 Descending
Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

That is due to some ad network you have put up :)

Purnendu
Purnendu
from Pune
10 years ago

Doesn't look like adnetwork, you would have known that. It looks like the theme itself. Most free themes are bugged with adware/ malware.. Please have a look at the article given :

http://wpmu.org/why-you-should-never-search-for-free-wordpress-themes-in-google-or-anywhere-else/

What you need to do is download WP theme from a reliable provider. Once you check a theme, run it through TAC to see if any encrypted code is there without your knowledge. 

Purnendu
from Pune
10 years ago

For testing, go back to the default WP theme and check if the popup goes off. If yes, then you change change the theme a few expletives later. 

Mamta Sharma
Mamta Sharma
from Ahmedabad
10 years ago

That means i have to change the theme altogether now, and how to find a relaible provider or WP theme? I have asked a developer to set up my blog on wordpress and he supplied me the themes available free (though the paid verison was also avaialble for the same theme but I wanted to see the feedback of the blog prior to purching the premium version, so I took free version that time).

Shall I contact the developer for the same! Any idea what it may cost if I have to get rid of this trouble?

Mamta Sharma

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Mamata there are default themes available within the wordpress itself, try them before buying anything 

Mamta Sharma
Mamta Sharma
from Ahmedabad
10 years ago

Thanks to all! I could resolve the  issue! In fact in my ad posting one ad was having pop up option which i removed!

Thanks for your time!

Mamta Sharma
Mamta Sharma
from Ahmedabad
10 years ago

Hi All,

Just wanted to get idea/suggestion about the best and simple to handle sign in plugin of wordpress for my blog www.gudbe.com to collect emails and offer free ebooks to my visitors.

Please help!

Regards,

Mamta Sharma

I guess that is not a big issue if only the Admin(you) get ad upon clicking link. If your visitors are not getting affected, then it is not a big deal :)

Mamta Sharma
Mamta Sharma
from Ahmedabad
10 years ago

Thanks Abhishek, for your advice! But the issue has not been sorted out!

Try to change theme and download ONLY from wordpress.org . I too have same problem of ads, wheneven i click anything(i mean, more than half links) , I see ad from xtendmedia. I can manage with that since this problem is with me only, not my visitors. Anyways, try to change your theme.

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Mamta didnt understand your problem can you elaborate.  I though the popup issue was solved Innocent

LockSign in to reply to this thread