I Am Curious !

indu chhibber
indu chhibber
from Kota
10 years ago

Undecided Yes i am curious to know how all you IndiBloggers pick posts for reading.Time is a constraint for everyone i guess-it certainly is for me.Therefore it is not possible to read each & every [post on IB.So how do you all pick posts for reading.

Do you read from the reading list on your blog's home page?

Or from the home page of IB?

Or you go to IndiVine?If yes,then you check the latest posts or those in the last 48 hours?

Or maybe you check posts from your network?

I really want to know how it is generally done.If i go to posts from my network then i am likely to miss promising new bloggers-so it is a hard choice.

Help-tell me your tricksWink !

And thanks  lot !

Edited 10 years ago
Reason: Was not posted in previous category
Replies 1 to 9 of 9 Descending
I do not read much.
I read when I read, but rarely without any inspiration. Sometimes I read friends takes. Sometimes contest posts, sometimes i read thrice to get the point my friend wants to drive in my head. But I read when I read, sincerely.
indu chhibber
from Kota
10 years ago

Smile I like your straightforward answer Rio D.L.S.

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

To avoid all that confusion, I do not read even a single post. Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

But sometimes I read. Foot in mouth

I feel like seeing what people blog so much about blogging and so go that category on IndiVine and see the headings of the recent posts under it and click on a few ( very few ) of those posts and skim through those posts. Tongue out

After the contest entries are displayed, I look at the popular tab to see if those entries are better than mine ( or to be more clear, I see if those have entries have pictures and artwork like mine Wink )

Very rarely, I type the url's of some blogs directly to see if anything is new. Reading is secondary. Tongue out

And many times, I open my own blog and read some of my old posts. Cool

indu chhibber
from Kota
10 years ago

Laughing Haha,this is turning out to be so entertaing-loved your answers--esp. the last one!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Cool

Hitakshi Bawa
Hitakshi Bawa
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I only read my connected pplz posts.

indu chhibber
from Kota
10 years ago

Yes Hitakshi,one feels duty bound to do that.Wink

Razi
Razi
from Malappuram
10 years ago

I usually search for  Sketching blogs,  Photoblogs and travelogues..

And I will go for the posts whis is having  intersting tiles.. ;)

Razi
from Malappuram
10 years ago

title*

indu chhibber
from Kota
10 years ago

How tastes differ Razi,i avoid travelogues and photoblogs mostly.But whenever i have clicked them i have not been disappointed--still,it is a matter of free time only.

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

I navigate through pages of IndiVine (around 8-15 indivine pages everytime, I'm on an indivoting spree Tongue out). I look at the post title, read some description, if it's there, and then decide whether to read the whole post or not. I, however miss checking the latest posts from my network, maybe, that's one injustice I do with a lot of people I know here on IB, and a number of these people do regularly vote up my posts, but, I fail to do so with theirs. I do have a blogroll on my blog, from where, I follow to some latest post of the blogs, I love reading.

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

CK, you have never ever voted for my posts Yell How can you be on any indivoting spree without voting for any of my posts? YellYell

CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

Pankti, I've clearly explained that in my short story. Tongue out

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago
remove him from ur network then he'll start voting ;-)
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

How ND? Innocent

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago
he said he misses posts from his network...if she removes him from network he wont miss
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Logic-less logic Tongue out

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago
smart logic ;-)
indu chhibber
from Kota
10 years ago

Smile Like you ,i too have not done justice to my network,but yes i read all posts on my blogroll-that takes up all the time i have mostlyCry .

CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

ND, that is really a logic less logic. I said I miss out on checking specifically "Posts from your network". That means that whenever I come across posts while checking indivine pages, I may come across posts of people from my network, and if I feel it really worth it, I do vote it.

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

So I haven't written anything vote-worthy until now :((:((:((

CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

Maybe I've never came across one of your indivine posts.

Fairy Princess
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

I love to read but I am very picky about who I read. So most of the times I read blogs that I like (which are either fiction stories or humor). When I am on the look out for new blogs, I browse through the categories. Smile That makes it easier to find stories Smile

CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

Maybe, that restricts you to a particular niche, the you like for now, and may also hinder possibilities to expand your area of interest. Maybe, if I follow your style of searching for indivine post based on my area of interest, I'll read only about a few topics, and might not have come across some other beautifully laid out blogs in some areas that I really wouldn't have gone searching for.Laughing

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

CK, yes, that does limit my choices but when I have very limited time on hand, I would rather read what I already like rather than go on a quest to discover new likes Smile

indu chhibber
from Kota
10 years ago

Laughing love humor best of all-esp. political satires.But i avoid fiction.

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Indujee I make it a point to read my networked blogs in the morning (off late I have been too busy for that) and at night (afterhours) I visit the new blogger pages and suggest changes to them, if I see any discrepancies in thier blogs

indu chhibber
from Kota
10 years ago

Smile Vijay add me to your networked blogs!

Err did i break any rule?

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

You are already in it Indujee and I love your blog Smile  As I said I have too busy lately Cool

Subroto
Subroto
from Brisbane
10 years ago

It's quite a random selction.  Sometimes from the main page and sometimes through IndiVine where I normally read via the 'Offbeat & Personal' categories.  My focus is on the subcategories 'humour' and 'short stories'.  That indirank is not much of an indicator of quality as it seems to be based on the amount you blog rather than the content.  Over a period of time you get to identify the bloggers that you want to read and then you also get to discover new writing.  I am trying to make an effort to leave more comments these days, as I feel if we like something we read then it's worthwhile letting the blogger know.

indu chhibber
from Kota
10 years ago

You gave me a useful hint Subroto,i shall click the categories now---never thought of it.

ThanksSmile

True, subroto,
Damyanti
Damyanti
from Singapore
10 years ago

I read those who comment on my blogs,a nd always try to comment back. I'll also read posts from my network, if I find them interesting.

indu chhibber
from Kota
10 years ago

It is a good habit-one i must learn Damyanti

LockSign in to reply to this thread