How do you find ideas to write upon?

Hello people,

this seems to be a very simple issue, still I want you suggestions about finding ideas to write upon. My site is multi niche. So you can suggest me anything. I often find pointless about what to write next..Sealed I want to know how you all find topics for yourself to write.Kindly suggest the points which worked for YOU. I have already googled so much about it, so give personal opinions please. PS: I don't write about lip-stick, perfumes, fashion(which is greek to me), poems etc. Wink

Replies 1 to 7 of 7 Descending
Bhavya Kaushik
Bhavya Kaushik
from Jaipur
10 years ago

Read, think, write.

Read, think, write.

Read, think, write.

Read more, think more, write more. 

Arindam Sarkar
from Kolkata
10 years ago
Well my cycle goes like this: think - write - revise - expand - think...

well thanks.. this is how i have written posts until now..

please let me know if you get another idea Smile

Fairy Princess
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Many times I get ideas from observing people Smile Also, I like to understand antagonists in real as well as reel life. Smile

yes, I have seen your blog. Since it is personal so observation works Smile Anyways I have started browsing stumbleupon, its a grreat source of ideas.. u can also give a try...ideas aur traffic dono badhengeCool

although there is no accepted/practised way to get an idea doing these particular things wont harm in the genesis of an idea.

1. Look around. Carry a book and a pen always. Note down whatever you see and whatever you can't. Relate the incident to something you knew, felt or heard.

2. Read more about a thing you want to write. If you are not sure what to write then write about why you are not sure and what makes you think a particular idea was not worth writing about, That would give you more stuff to think and write about.

3. Write more. The more you write the better your ideas will be since the inferior ideas were already out of your system, so there is only place for better ones.

4. Travel by Public Transport and attend any government organization like hospital, RTO Office etc...This should give you a lot of stuff to write.

5. Always try to know why you felt the way you felt about anything and everything.

6. Last but not the least, don't think that a fantastic idea comes just like that. It will more often than not be a result of a 1000 mediocre ideas. The more ideas you reject, the better your quality of work will be.

quite interesting suggestions. Thanks bhai. But my blog deals in other topics. Well stumbleupon and other giant sites letting me get good idea now Smile

Gaurang
from delhi,noida
10 years ago

abhishek i want to know how to run android in window..if u hv all info put it ..i will read

@gauru bro you can do it using bluestacks. here is the detailed info :www.infochacha.com/how-to-run-android-applications-on-pc/ 

Arindam Sarkar
from Kolkata
10 years ago
Picking a genre that you like is a good start.

done :)

Ragini Puri
from New Delhi/Ludhiana
10 years ago

Narasimha...great suggestions. Will come in handy whenever one's out of ideas and wondering about what to write. Thanks for sharing. :)

Ragini Puri
Ragini Puri
from New Delhi/Ludhiana
10 years ago

Abhishek, just browsed through your blog. Interesting write-ups! Since your's is a multi-genre blog, there's so much you can write about. Plus if you dont want, you dont really have to go into in-depth details about the topics. May be just give an overview, or share your thoughts and views on whatever you are writing about, say for example, Sachin's retirement, India's Mars Mission, Raghu campaigning for AAP, Krissh 3's review, your expectations from Ram Leela, etc etc etc... Smile And yes... your favorite comic book hero too! Mine is Chacha Chaudhary. LaughingAnd Super Commando Dhruv! 

@Ragini ji,

Thanks for the appreciation, it keeps a newbie interested in blogging further Smile. Well yes, i agree with what you have suggested. Generally I write about things which make me curious, that is my my blog is multi niche. One can read tech articles and on the other hand about snakes too. Laughing And the reason behind chacha chaudhry and infoCHACHA in my site is I tried to get a good name but almost 200 names I tried were unavailable. I looked at the comic in front of me and entered infoCHACHA in godaddy and got the domain haha.

Thanks for your suggestion about writing without going so deep- you are write, I m making a blog, not wikipedia Wink

Ragini Puri
from New Delhi/Ludhiana
10 years ago

You are welcome Abhishek. And about chacha chaudhary, there was no pun intended! Laughing He actually is my favourite comic book character. In fact not very long ago, I had written a post about comic books (can't share the link here) and Chacha Chaudhary and Sabu were mentioned in glowing terms. Smile

ahh he is amazing in himself. When I was a kid, if I loved any superhero other than Bajrang Bali, then it was chacha chaudhry Laughing I would scan your blog and read about him soon Cool

Sweety Pateliya
Sweety Pateliya
from Nagpur
10 years ago
I still have a copy of chacha chaudhry with me. As a remembrance. As a child I never used to board a train without one of its book in my hand.

haha, thats sweet. I still read chacha chaudhry, though in PDF form now. Wink I was a die-hard fan of CHAMPAK and specially loved the part Champak checkers.. Laughing

Bhavya has the right idea. Read, Think, Write is good advice. At the end of the day a blog post will only be meaningful if you can express yourself through it.

I too have a mult-faced blog - in fact I write as 4 different people. So you will find stories from my life, opinion pieces on politics, cricket, posts about food, recipes disguised as stories. I even have some bad poetry.

The ideas come from within, thru observation of the world around you, offbeat crazy news, things you feel strongy about. And sometimes just the desire to tell a story. You can use sites to jog your idea bucket, but at the end of the day, you have to sit facing the computer and think - what the heck do I write about?

And no website with ideas can actually help you  at that point in time.

LockSign in to reply to this thread