Increase in 'External juice passing links' is good or bad?

Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

At present, my Indirank stats are showing that my blog's external juice passing links have increased a lot(171 precisely)

My Questions:

1.Is this a good sign or a bad sign?

2. The number  has never been so high. Is this the reson why my Indirank is so low?

Any feedback would be highly appreciated!

Replies 1 to 4 of 4 Descending
Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Bush I did suggest you to let it be.  I dont think they would harm your site in any way.  Somebody had suggested that more the merrier but am not sure of thatCool

Regarding No.2 the Indirank depends more on MozRank and Alexa rank.  The others are just a bonus Smile

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thank you for the info VijaySmile Gotta crack this Moz and Alexa thing now!

Amar Naik
Amar Naik
from Ponda/Bangalore
10 years ago

hopefully one day indi team introduces a like button on their forum Cool

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

At present, my Indirank stats are showing that my blog's external juice passing links have increased a lot(171 precisely)

Look at your backlinks count in GWT. It will be in 1000's. Tongue out

Every time you post to IndiVine, your backlinks count increases ( in GWT ) by 40-50 ( due to pagination )

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Aha the master replies and nice information too.  

Ranjith what is pagination.  Blogger gets locked after 200 comments and I had to put a code to unlock it why is that ?

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thank you for the info RanjithSmile 

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Vijay - Pagination means speration of a list into multiple pages. 

When you search on Google, you get only 10 or 20 links on your search page depending upon your settings, but the search results are huge in numbers and hence are divided into many pages. That functionalitiy of dividing a list into many pages is called Pagination. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pagination

The same is true for IndiVine. 

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Ok Hemal got that but why does blogger block comments (from view) after 200 posts.  I had to put a code to make it viewable that too with a load more button ?Innocent

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@Bushra Smile

@ Vijay May be to save their bandwidth Tongue out Or the most likely reason is to improve user's experience. Innocent  Imagine a user's browser not responding because of the page having 1000+ comments! Innocent

Your KitKat post became VERYYYYYY popular! Laughing

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Yep Ranjith readers had all sorts of problems with that contest and winning it made answering the questions easy Wink

Yes to your first part also the page took forever to load with 250 odd comments.  But now after adding the code how does blogger allow 200 above comments.  I copied the code from blogger sentral where the author said that default blogger templates have the 200+ comments code but the customised ones dont Innocent

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

wat is blocking comments? 200 comments in a post or the whole blog?

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

ND the 201 and above comments where not showing up Wink

Ranjith now the comments show after pressing load more but the smileys are not working comments 201 onwardsInnocent

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ND 200 per post

@ Vijay I saw that BS post now. As it says, pagination is automatically done for default blogger templates. So, the problem is that the person who made your custom template did not consider the 200+ comments issue. As simple as that! Smile

I hope that I hit the 200 comments mark someday! Foot in mouth

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

If you are ready to answer all my questions on your blog you will get more than 2000K I have tonnes of questions regarding blogging Foot in mouth

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ Vijay I think that the problem is that the smileys are controlled by JavaScript which executes only once at page load. Foot in mouth

This is why I love default templates! Laughing

I will look at your code after my exams and see if I can help you. Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ Vijay Smile You can ask your 2000+ questions after I start my blog about blogging! Laughing

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

SmileSmileSmile please do SmileSmileSmile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Smile

Dr. Lawrence Kindo
Dr. Lawrence Kindo
from Shillong
10 years ago
My IndiRank plummeted from a great 84 to 77 in the last update. My External, juice-passing links too dropped from a 386 to 139. Of course, my mozRank had a drop from 4.27 to 4.15 and an interruption in my posting schedule before the IndiRank Update. I hope I have a favourable improvement this time round. Expected update is tomorrow!
Heena Dhedhi
from Mumbai
10 years ago

same here DR.LK. but to be honest i dont really care that much anymore. My followers are increasing regularly, and so are the page views and the regular suggestions and recommendations. So are various brands approaching me for projects and editorals. So in a nut shell just do ur bit and forget about all these mathematical qualifications. 

Dr. Lawrence Kindo
from Shillong
10 years ago

I absolutely agree with you, Heena. I guess I will keep enjoying the journey!

Bhavya Kaushik
from Jaipur
10 years ago

The next update expected on 21/1/2014 :)

LockSign in to reply to this thread