Any Flipkart or Amazon Affiliates here?

Balaji
Balaji
from Chennai
10 years ago

Hi affiliate marketers, I am using both flipkart and amazon.in affiliate on my blog for about 2 months. Both sites affiliate links are placed side by side, so users always have equal opportunity to click a product.

Considering to the fact as flipkart is the best e-commerce giant in India, I should get more orders from Flipkart than Amazon.in. But the reality is just the opposite!

I need to know, does flipkart track the orders rightly? Please share your flipkart affiliate experience...

Thanks in advance....

Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Descending
Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I am Amazon associate but dont use it much because the number of clicks translated into sales is very lowUndecided Somewhere on the forum, somebody said FK is even worse.  The reason is they dont use contextual ads but give you the option of putting the links and images.

Tarun Singh
Tarun Singh
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Amazon sells products cheaper than Flipkart.That may be the reason.See which products have sold on Amazon and compare its price with that on Flipkart.

Ramesh Kumar Jha
Ramesh Kumar Jha
from Bangalore
10 years ago

The conversion rate is very low (less than 0.004%). I guess, the cookie duration is only 24 hours, so that may be the primary reason for such low conversion. (especially when the traffic is targeted like this one : http://assembleyourpc.net). Other possible reason : high refund rate (40-50%)

Ramesh Kumar Jha
from Bangalore
10 years ago

correction : cancellation rate (not refund rate).

monideepa sahu
monideepa sahu
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I order from Flipkart, books primarily, and I'm happy with their service. Makes more sense than going to a bookstore, not getting what you want, and getting some sass from the sales assitants as an add-on service :p

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

topic is abt affiiates

Felicia Nazareth
Felicia Nazareth
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Sorry to re-open an old topic but I didn't want to start a new one.

I have been using Flipkart affiliate program from Dec 2015.

As of the first week of Feb 2016, I was to receive 2148 Rs. as commision. I was told that I would receive it in the first week of March. Few days ago, when I checked my dashboard, it says pending payment/ total payment as 0. I even sent a mail regarding this to the customer service but no response yet.

I have not received any vouchers (I had opted for gift card). I checked each and every hook and corner of my mail but found nothing.

What should I do?

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Note that there will be a 10% deduction as TDS even on vouchers. If PAN is not provided, it will be a 20% TDS deduction instead. I know it's not related but it's best if you know.Apart from that, Your affiliation earning needs to cross 60 days from the date of affiliate commission credited to your account.  As said in FK:

When is the payment made?

Flipkart.com has a 30-day cancellation/return policy. Hence, products ordered through your affiliate links might get cancelled or returned within 30 days of ordering. We make payments to the affiliates only for products which are not returned in these 30 days.

Hence, the payments are made after 30-60 days from the day when an order was made through your affiliate account.

Eg. Your earnings for September 2013 freeze by the end of October 2013 and your payments would be made by the 15th of November 2013 

Felicia Nazareth
from Mumbai
8 years ago

The Sorcerer Thank you for clarifying my doubt Smile

Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
8 years ago

If the person who bought from ur link has cancelled or returned their product your commission is removed.. thats also another reason

Soumyadeep Bidyanta
Soumyadeep Bidyanta
from Siliguri
8 years ago

I'm a amazon associate ( amazon.com, the US one).. However I haven't earned anything yet, although I'm getting a few clicks.

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

You earn when people buy from those affiliate links. That's how it works 

LockSign in to reply to this thread