Are our Indivine votes genuine? Or is it just give and take?

Priyanka
Priyanka
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

indibloggers, do you vote for posts that you love? you sure do. But do you also vote for posts that you really don't like?

Replies 1 to 7 of 7 Descending
TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

It is an often discussed topic. Anyways I leave it to other Indipolice if they want to lock and redirect to earlier thread. 

The answer is - yes - it is give and take. Majority of people who are not already your friends voting for you are unlikely to have even read your post. The admins tried to put up features to stop this - not allowing voting till the blog post is loaded, restricting number of votes allowed for a person etc.Still this could not be stopped. 

People have given various ideas to improve this - such as making voting anonymous or have a rating system - but most are either complex and not practical to implement or may come with its own new problems.

So it is as it is. Live with it.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

not allowing voting till the blog post is loaded

When did they implement this feature? Innocent

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Ranjith - That old feature - Waiting for you to click "read" and pausing for 1-2 minutes before allowing you to vote for a post. Initially I think you could just vote without clicking even read. 

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

I had earlier given a suggestion of seeking a line or 2 attributing why the voter is voting for a particular post. This compulsion shall force voters to at least throw a glance on the post.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Is that feature active now? Innocent I tested it with a post and it didn't block me from voting for 1-2 minutes after click the 'Read post to promote button'. Innocent

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

R: one just need to click view post to promote and it turns to promote this post.

The very next second u may promote the post.Laughing 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Laughing I thought that a new feature was implemented seeing TF's reply Undecided

Avadhoot's was a good suggestion Smile

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

@NSV: Thanks but owners of this platform never bothered to give it an implementation. Laughing

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@Ranjith - this used to be a feature, which was for some technical reason withdrawn during some contest. 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Surprised When was it implemented and when was it withdrawn? ( Month and year ) Innocent

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

For now, if you ask me, a lot of times I find IndiVine Votes as an example of blind backscratching. Though, I probably will be wrong in saying that for everyone, because, saying so, I may be insulting/hurting people who genuinely vote for me, or others, and I don't want to insult/hurt anyone. But, most of the times, I have seen voting aimed at backscratching, as we have noticed a number of posts on IndiVine, even in contests, that have been voted just for the sake of voting. Like the latest example was that of Ranjith's post which he tried as a test and that too received some votes, which forces one to think whether the ones voting are actually humans or are bots-on a voting spree!

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Some are real, some are give and take and some are mass blind voting in the hope that someone would vote back. Cool

But all votes are the same. They do count and help your blog post move to the home page. The votes and the readers you get then will be mostly real. Laughing

Arindam Sarkar
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Agree. Guess most of it stems form habitually clicking "like" on Fb. I mean, How many of those voters do you think actually read yor posts?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

How many of those voters do you think actually read yor posts?

I think not many Undecided

Fairy Princess
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Well, as I have said before, votes are purely transactions! You vote, you get vote...even if you write crap or post an empty post! Wonderful, isn't it? Smile

CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

I partly agree. There are people who vote for my posts, even if I fail to vote for theirs. It's just the way you prefer doing. I prefer voting from the main IndiVine page, while some people do so by checking out indivine posts from their Indicontacts.

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@Everyone,

Well, about the thread - want to share that there could be many things that you would want to ask, and you should ask. But it helps yourself to find answers much faster by searching the forum for it before hand. That way, you dont have to wait for people to respond and you get your answer fast. 

About the subject, there are many who follow a give-take voting, and many who do not. One of the stat I recently came to know about after filling the Business World survey was this.

• Your posts have received 905 votes in total, with an average of 15 votes per post.

So in all, I received 905 votes. But how many did I vote for?

• You've voted for 65 posts on IndiVine since you've joined.

See the difference? I may not have been actively voting everyone, but many did in anticipation that I would reciprocate. It is clear that i did not. 

This is a personal choice. Some take a different approach, some prefer to keep it simple. For one, top voted posts are more frequently read and that is where all this give-take votes aim for. So really, does that make a difference to me? No. Perhaps to many it does. 

Get the flow? :) :) 

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Totally agree with you Hemal! I think Indivine votes are not purely give and take! Some people do vote for you if they genuinely like your posts Smile I was amazed at my stats too. My vote count was nearly 6000 and the vote count of people who have voted for my posts was 9500+ which strengthens my belief that Indivine votes DO matter! 

All IndiVine votes are genuine

Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I think Indivine votes are genuine because most of the times those who vote also comment on my posts but at the same time there might be few who maybe voting in anticiaption. :)

LockSign in to reply to this thread