Financial Assistance Needed for a Friend's child (updated)

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Update: 12 APR 2014

Happy News! Smile

Baby Drushti has been discharged, and is slowly recovering from the operation. Just got the news from Hardik. They are still in Banglore, and baby is under observation on how she is recovering and coping with an environment outside of hospital. 

Every morning at 6.30, the baby has to get check up done for Blood pressure and other health parameters to ascertain her recovery. But this is a great improvement in her health.

Thank you every one who provided their support for this cause. I would personally like to thank one each you and everyone who helped financially and with their prayers on Hardik's behalf. 

Update: 30 MAR 2014:

• Baby Drushti has been moved from ICCU to General Ward. Smile
  • The Operation was successful. 
  • She is facing breathing difficulties and is being treated. 
  • Donor (baby's father) is also doing better. 

Apologies everyone, I got this update only day before yesterday, and could not find time to update the thread. I spoke to Hardik today. Since he was my point of contact and was also the donor, he was treated as well and communication was cut off. I had tried calling Hardik day before yesterday, however he was busy with the movement and called me back today. 

Thank you everyone for their Support and prayers. 

Update 04 FEB 2014:

• Hospital has received the amount it needs for the operation! Thank you very much everyone. (INR 15 Lakhs)
  • Those who have added Hardik's bank account into their NEFT beneficiary list, I would request you to share your contribution that could help him cover his and his wife's other expenses during his 3 month stay at the hospital. 
  • Those who have not already added him as a beneficiary, you can stop doing it now. If there is any further need, I would come to this thread and request you all. Make sure you have signed up for updates (click Track this topic on the right of your screen) so whenever need arises, your contribution could help. 
  • Hardik and his family with Baby Dhrusti are flying to Banglore today and would need all your prayers in the comming weeks. 

Update: 03 FEB 2013

Thank you very much SanGee! I would always remember this deed of yours. You are an inspration!

Thank you very much everyone else, who in their own way contributed to Baby Dhrusthi's cause. Your contribution will be remembered, and thanked always. 

A friend of mine (Hardik Nagda) is currently facing a crisis in his family with his 5 months old daughter being diagnosed with Biliary Atresia with liver cirrhosis and is looking for Financial assistance to support the medical expenses.

Biliary atresia, also known as "extrahepatic ductopenia" and "progressive obliterative cholangiopathy" is a congenital or acquired disease of the liver and one of the principal forms of chronic rejection of a transplanted liver allograft. As a birth defect in newborn infants, it has an occurrence of 1/10,000 to 1/15,000 cases in live births in the United States. In the congenital form, the common bile duct between the liver and the small intestineis blocked or absent. The acquired type most often occurs in the setting of autoimmune disease, and is one of the principal forms of chronic rejection of a transplanted liver allograft. (Source: Wikipedia)

Baby Drushti Nagda, has been suffering from Biliary Atresia with liver cirrhosis. She was admitted to Jaslok Hospital in Mumbai when she was just two months old & underwent a major operation called Kasai Surgery. Unfortunately, the surgery did not help and was termed a failure.

Now the baby has last stage liver disease with other complications like ascites (free fluid in stomach), Blood Flow in portal vein is reversed, Persistent Jaundice, Hernia etc. The only hope for her now is to get a Liver transplantation.

My friend Hardik Nagda has been successfully screened to be valid liver donor for Baby Drushti which is by far, the best news for his family in recent times. The plan is to undergo the transplant procedure at the Narayana Hrudayalaya, Bengaluru between 15-20 Feb 2014 .

The total cost of operation would be around INR 15 Lakhs, which includes the cost for "Donor" and "Receiver" surgery. Additionally, there would be an estimated post surgery hospitalization costs are estimated at a further INR 3-4 Lakhs.

At present, he was able to manage around 2 lakhs from friends and other family members however he still needs INR 17  Lakhs more. Hardik is the only breadwinner for the family, and Baby Drushti's previous hospitalization and surgery has already exhausted his financial resources. He is in desperate need of help. 

And any contribution towards this cause would be heartily appreciated. Be it INR 100, 500, 1000 or more. Please do help Baby Drushti.

As per estimation letter, donations can be collected by hospital directly. If anyone is willing to send contributions directly to the Hospital, please make Cheque in favor of Narayan Hrudayalaya, Bangalore.

Please mention Patient ID (Pt.ID: 10020000656724 Baby Drushti Nagda) on back of the Cheque/DD.

Address: N H Health City No. 258/A,Bommasandra Industrial Area, Hosur Road, Anekal Taluk, Bangalore 560099, India Ph: +91 80 7122 2222 Fax: +91 80 2783 2648 Email ID: info@hrudayalaya.com

OR

If you would like to do Account Transfer Directly to the his Family you may do so by transfers (NEFT) to the below account:

Name: Hardik B. Nagda Bank: Bank of BarodaA/C number: 27870100008873 Branch: Dombivli WestIFSC code : BARB0DOMWES

Cell: Hardik Nagda: +91 9321111974 Email: hardik.nagda@gmail.com

Edited 9 years ago
Reason: Happy Update!
1-20
21-40
Replies 1 to 20 of 40 Descending
Ragini Puri
Ragini Puri
from New Delhi/Ludhiana
10 years ago

Hi Hemal, just came across this. Will sure contribute towards this heartrending cause.

Hope the baby gets on to the road to recovery soon. God bless her. 

Can this post be shared on other blogging forums and social media pages and groups? 

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Thank you very much Ragini! :) God Bless you!!! :) 

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

I wonder, why IndiBloggers are ignoring this thread? For other threads, we have hundreds of replies spanning over tens of pages, and a thread for a cause is getting ignored like this?

Can't we even donate a 100-200 rupees towards a good cause, to save life of a small child?

I didn't come across this thread before now, so, couldn't act on it. I'll make a very small contribution towards this cause, and will pray for the recovery of this child.

TechChumz
from Bangalore
10 years ago

You were right in bumping up this thread, CK,I don't know what made the others ignore this thread, but for me, as someone who has been denied a salary this month by my office and am in debt due to having to buy a 20k laptop compulsorily for my tech writing projects, the minute I saw 17 lakhs, I ran away with great guilt and shame. But you are right, if all 40,000 of us make small contributions of 100 to 500 we can raise stg for the kid. I'll do so too. Good work, ck.

CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

Yes, Rakhee, 17 lakhs is a huge amount, but, just a single person is not supposed to contribute the entire amount. Being a huge community of people a lot of us do earn from blogging, so why can't we contribute a small amount from our earnings? Being called up by a respected member of the community, there's no need to worry about this being a scam (I said this because this is the biggest hinderance people face in contributing towards such a cause). Moreover, we have an option to pay by cheque directly to the hospital. But, I think, that would take time, which we are short of, so, I'm choosing NEFT.

Afterall, most of us do spend an amount way more than a 100-200 rupees on a one time pizza or such stuff. If we can let go of that pizza for just once, and contribute that amount to this cause, it shouldn't be much of an issue.

I can't say how many of us are there on this platform, but even considering a quarter of the number you told, even if 10,000 of us contributed Rs. 100 each, that would fetch 10 lakh rupees, atleast giving the family a small ray of hope.

I'd like to request IndiBlogger (the platform) to come up towards this cause and atleast send a mail to all the IndiBloggers to come forward for this cause.

Also, can we please spread this message on social networking platforms?

Ragini Puri
from New Delhi/Ludhiana
10 years ago

Rakhi, yes the amount is huge but like the wise men say - every penny counts.

And I guess besides monetary contributions, we can also share the details in our friend circle and on social media. Can go a long way in generating funds.

Was waiting for a go-ahead from Hemal on this. Or may be we can call Mr. Nagda and check with him about the update.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@CK well said man, thank you for this! God bless you!! He is a friend, and I know him from my collage days. His case also has been reported in the mumbai edition of Mid-Day news paper. 

@Ragini I am moved! thank you very much. Sorry I did not respond, it was not because i did not care - but three days and no response meant that I stopped looking at this place. Today Renie informed me about the activity and thats when I came here. 

Ragini Puri
Ragini Puri
from New Delhi/Ludhiana
10 years ago

Exactly my thoughts CK. I tried bumping it but then there was no response from anyone.

This can be shared on so many platforms. Someone I know in JNU was very sick and his friends from the University made a FB page for contributions. Help came in from all across the world and he was operated at Fortis, Delhi and is now on the road to recovery. Happy ending, this.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Such stories always help restore faith in humanity. Thank you again, Ragini.

Fairy Princess
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Hey guys....visiting IB after long time and just saw this thread. I wanna contribute but one question: as I don't trust technology much, I don't do have my bank account activated fro online transfer transactions. Is there anyway to use debit card for this contribution like certain NGOs have? Right now my check book doesn't have much checks too and I'm waiting for a new check book. I know this sounds really bad! Cry

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

FP, u may send a draft or better visit any BOB branch and deposit the amount in the aforementioned a/c.

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

AV, yes! I can directly deposit the money in that account! Thanks for the idea! :)

PS: Is there anything else I need to do after depositing the money?

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

Not exactly, but u may tell the same in your friend circle/relatives so that more money can be collected.

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

That's a great idea but I think I would wait for Hemal to give me the green signal before I do Smile

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@FP Thanks, you can please do so. He was my room mate in the hostel I lived in. And thanks for helping with this cause, god bless you!

Heena Dhedhi
Heena Dhedhi
from Mumbai
10 years ago

done Hemal.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Heena!! Thank you very very much. God bless you!!!!

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

I've sent a mail to Narayana Hrudayalaya, Bengaluru, seeking information on other ways to make online donations (if any). Lets hope that they respond back, and with a way to allow most of us to participate for this cause.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@CK let me know if you want to know more abt this. You can do a DD, write a Cheque and do a NEFT transfer to my friend's account. I dont want to sound filmsy, but if any one is also able to transfer to his account, that would help the family cover some expenses during this time. 

CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

Hemal, I've already done a part that I could, via NEFT. It's just that I wanted to help others who are facing problems in doing transactions, so I mailed them for help.

SanGee
SanGee
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Hi Hemal, one of my posts recently won a MacBook in the Dabur contest. I was checking with Renie on the possibility of getting the sponsors to convert the prize into cash and transfer the funds to Hardik.

While Dabur's internal processes could not accomodate the request, Indiblogger is helping out by acting as a proxy and will transfer the cash equivalent of the laptop asap to the hospital or into Hardik's account.

Can you please coordinate with Renie for any details that he may need ?

Thanks Renie , Karthik and Indiblogger for sorting this out.

Regards,

Sanjay G

CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

Kudos to your spirit, @SanGee.Smile And congratulations on winning the contest.

Heena Dhedhi
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Sanjay, 

Salute. Salute. Salute.

Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Kudos SanGee

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Oh My God! SanGee!!!! I cant believe what I just read and am having Ghoosebumps. Thank you so much for this consideration. I am sure I will let Hardik know of such a huge heart you possess. Kudos!!

Ragini Puri
from New Delhi/Ludhiana
10 years ago

You are an inspiration Sanjay! 

Someone is Special
from Bangalore
10 years ago

You are a true inspiration Sanjay!! 

DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
A winner with a golden heart, I salute you Sanjay.
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Wow! SanGee, you are simply awesome! You have got a new admirer in me. Smile

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

Way to go Sanjay - inspiring stuff!

@Hemal - it looks like we have what we need. Will update you on the status of the cash transfer tomorrow.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Renie! this is awesome... thank you very much for your help. 

vaisakhi mishra
vaisakhi mishra
from thane
10 years ago

Kudos sanjay!!! CK please let me know if you get any info related to the online transaction...

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Everyone - thank you very much for sharing whatever you could. Hardik could use all the help - he will have to leave his job for 3-6 months (max) and stay with his family in the hospital without any income coming in and would be spending a huge fortune. 

To give you some background, Hardik works as a Loan representative with a lender and has been helping people take home loans from his company. Of course he would pocket a nice amount, but in this time of crisis and after a major surgery already, he has exhausted his resources. 

I met Hardik when I came to Mumbai in 2001 - he was my Hostel mate, a year senior. He was the first person who got me really on the Internet wave, though I already was on net - he thought me many ways to better utilize it. He was more like a brother to me during those years when I had to stay away from my family for more than a month (which I never did). Both of us were not from a well-to-do-familiy, and would help each other many times. There was one more person, a person from my town in Alleppy who was the reason I met and created a bond with Hardik. After Hostel, we would still be in touch but over the years it was rare. 

I bumped into him last year after his marriage accidently and we kinda re-kindled that friendship. And today, I was happy that he could bank on me during this difficult time of his. 

I had lost hope after I did not see response in the first two days, even on the FB page I had created only 10 people liked it (subscribe should be the right word). So when today Renie told me about some activity here, I was wondering what could happened. I was expecting people that people would be questioning whether this should allowed and all that shit. When I saw what I saw, all this really made me cry when I saw such tremendous response. IndiRocks man!

Kundan Srivastava
Kundan Srivastava
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I am Kundan Srivastava Founder of Be In Humanity Foundation Ngo and Social Blog Be In Humanity. I promise will surely help the baby gets on to the road to recovery soon. God bless her...

Plz contact me through here: http://www.kundansrivastava.com/about/ and provide me this Article to my mail will share on my NGO blog. I hope so many helping hand will come to contribute

Thanks !

Kundan Srivastava

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@Kundan, thank you very much! I will share the details with you soon.

Kundan Srivastava
from New Delhi
10 years ago

We BE IN HUMANITY Published Appeal for Financial assistance for my Baby “Drushti Nagda” (For Liver Transplant) Please go through our blog and spread it on d Earth: http://www.kundansrivastava.com/support-cause/

Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Such an inspiring thread! Not a working woman but will try and contribute atleast somethingCry

And Sangee... a big salute to you! You can never know how, but you have brought a change in my life, brought a change in ME!

Kundan Srivastava
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Very Nice Bushra......

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Thank you very much Bushra! Prayers would also do!! :)

He needs funds for sure, and in today's world it is much needed for such complications, but along with them Dhrushti also needs prayers. 

Sammya Brata
Sammya Brata
from Kolkata
10 years ago

No words. I'm blessed to be a part of such a community. Overwhelmed. 

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

True that Sammya! :) :) I could not be prouder today, for this community is rich with love!

The question is not about the immediate cost. This surgery is routinely done in Delhi with much less cost. The family must be in a situation to bear the post transplant cost which is also very high; else there is no point doing this major surgery. Parents should be aware of pros and cons of this major surgery and must understand risk to donors life in detail before taking a final call. I strongly recommend to read www.indialivertransplant.com in detail and must have detail session on liver transplant.

Jyotsna Verma

Liver Transplant Consultant

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Jyotsna, Thank you very much for your comments and I honestly apprecite your concerns. 

Hardik is faced with a life crisis, to save his baby he has to do it. The doctors who are advising him have already informed him about the implications. But a father cannot let his kid die infront of his eyes, thinking about these things.  

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

And just so that you know, Hardik is the donor himself and is also the father of the baby. 

I understand but what about child's suitability for transplant. He is not even immunised yet. Think about post transplant immunosuppression and its expense. Liver transplant is not a cure its again an expensive affair to deal with. Donors life and risks.?? Just think

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Jyotsna, I do not know how much I would think if my own daughter were to face such a situation. And a lot of that you said above may go above my head as I would not understand. But here, my friend is in need of help. He trusts the doctors to save the life of his only daughter. I would not want to say any more. 

Kundan Srivastava
Kundan Srivastava
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I would like to suggest Please contact to AIIMS ORBO Department and give Reference to Be In Humanity Foundation NGO and ask for help - 01126593444

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Kundan, I do not know what sort of help can be got now. The operation is already scheduled in Banglore and Hardik has been adviced by the doctors. At this moment, taking a second opinion or consulting others may not be an option for him as the baby's health is getting worse by the day. I am not a doctor, not a well knowledged in this field either. What I know is I would trust a doctor because only he/she could save the baby's life. 

Sweet child! She will be alright very soon.

I will try doing whatever I can...noted down the details too. 

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Thank you very much Uma. Please be sure that you have read the updates I have made to this Topic, at the top. God Bless you!

We will do our bit Hemal. Spreading the word. 

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Thank you very much Pooja! Please do read the updates on the thread. As of now we can stop spreading the word and those who have already initiated the NEFT transcation could proceed with making the donation. 

Blogwati Gee
Blogwati Gee
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Will contribute and will share too. Hugs and Prayers.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Thank you very much Blogwati Gee!! Please do read the updates on the thread. As of now we can stop spreading the word and those who have already initiated the NEFT transcation could proceed with making the donation. God bless you! :) 

Manjula.H
Manjula.H
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Sure Hemal. WIll contribute my bit with prayers for the family. And people like you bring so much hope and goodness in this chaotic world. Will also share the same on my FB page...Is it OK?

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Hi Manjula, thank you very much! Prayers are always welcome and the baby and her father who are both going to be operation would need it. I am doing my bit, and I am proud with the way all IndiBloggers have responded. 

Please do read the updates on the thread. As of now we can stop spreading the word and those who have already initiated the NEFT transcation could proceed with making the donation. God bless you! :) 

1-20
21-40
LockSign in to reply to this thread