Blogger- Don't want subscribers to receive full post in email notification. Any

Aniket Dabhade
Aniket Dabhade
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Blogger- Don't want subscribers to receive full post in email notification. Any Soln????

i want users to visite my blog.

Edited 10 years ago
Reason: .
Replies 1 to 8 of 8 Descending
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Settings > Other > Site feed > Allow Blog Feed > Short > Save Settings 

Laughing

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Cool

Prakhyath Rai N
Prakhyath Rai N
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Change the feed settings as ranjith mentioned :)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Laughing

As Ranjith replied, go to your Blogger dashboard - go to the Settings page of the blog - click "Other" option under Settings - go to Site feed/Allow Blog Feed and set it to "Short" from the drop down menu - now click "Save Settings" button and done!

@Ranjith

I did the same but while saving the settings I get the error message "Blog Posts Feed should be set to Full" ...why ?

Got solution before someone came with an answer : The Post Feed Footer should be empty Wink

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Good Tongue out

I never knew that thing. Will add that info to my brain Wink

Uma Maheswari Anandane
from Karaikal
10 years ago

@ranjith and @anyone

I got one more question/query.

Now that I have enabled my Allow Blog Feed  to be "short", I get email notification as only the title links. There is no summary of the posts there ( only blog title links)...kindly tell me (if u know one) on how to create a summary without using jump break.

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

There is a setting withing the feed burner itself to set the feed length (max 200 words) you can use that http://prntscr.com/2nmahb

Aniket Dabhade
Aniket Dabhade
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Thanks a lot Smile

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

This might cause problems with some slideshows that show your recent posts. As we (I and Avadhoot) discovered this today, a recent posts slider on Avadhoot's blog wasn't working properly due to this. Since he tweaked the RSS feeds to show a part, and not the entire post, the slider on his blog was not able to show the images linked to the blog post. This is because the slider worked on JSON, a data transfer format like XML, and since feedburner published just a small part of the post, JSON was able to fetch that partial part of the post and wasn't able to show the images. A workaround might be to try and publish images or content you want to use with such plugins/widgets.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

i had put slideshow mini header in my other blog...it has summarized feed content...it'll have same problem kya?

CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

ND, you can try checking the live slider. It created problem with Avadhoot's slider.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

how to check live slider?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Open the page in which you added the slider and check if it is working. Tongue out

Reposting here (since I guess plp missed it under replies),

@ranjith and @anyone

I got one more question/query.

Now that I have enabled my Allow Blog Feed  to be "short", I get email notification as only the title links. There is no summary of the posts there ( only blog title links)...kindly tell me (if u know one) on how to create a summary without using jump break.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

vijay answered ur querry above..it shud work

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I saw it but I didn't knew the answer. So, thought of searching for the answer tomorrow. Tongue out

See if Vijay's suggestion works. Laughing

Uma Maheswari Anandane
from Karaikal
10 years ago

@Vijay

Perfect , your suggestion worked :) Thank you !

@Rajesh @Nandini - thanks for replying :)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

The name Rajesh  sounds good Cool

LockSign in to reply to this thread