how well a blog may survive

dxbnidblog
dxbnidblog
from dubai
10 years ago

how well will a blog survive.especially first time bloggers.do comments and likes really matter. how do we know where we stand.should we continue?????

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

Is it really required for you to know whether your blog will survive or not? IMO, it is required for someone who is blogging mostly for the purpose of monetizing, and such a person should worry about choosing a niche to blog in, and the prospects for his/her blog to survive the competition. Everyone is a first time blogger at some point or the other, and everyone must have been through that phase of ups and downs with his/her blog. Most of us, here on IndiBlogger, blog for our personal satisfaction, and this claim is supported by the number of blogs registered under Personal Tag (8998 blogs); a little under double the number of technology blogs (5013).

As far as your question about knowing where we/you stand with our blogs, you can take help of numerous statistics services like the Google Analytics, Bing Webmaster Toolbox, some third party stat services like alexa, feedjet, ClusterMaps, StatCounter.com and such to help you ascertain the statistics related to your blog.

And whether you should continue or not is entirely your own decision.

dxbnidblog
dxbnidblog
from dubai
10 years ago

Hi thanks for the reply,well i write because i love to and nothing more.you obviously grow some insecurites whether we  are doing justice with writing since i keep seeing all you great bloggers out here.and about continuing lets roll untill we can :-)

Prasun Bannerjee
Prasun Bannerjee
from Udaipur
10 years ago

I feel that's a pretty blunt question. IMO, a blog survives until a blogger intends to keep it living. Yes, there's a difference between surviving and thriving which matters. As of most personal blogs, people have them as a passtime, to share your view to the world. If you write different, put something far beyond magic in your words, you'll get noticed in an exponential way. But yes if you are looking for primary source of income from blogging, the path is a little tough. Competition is high. Survival is certain but you have to work a hard way out. My only word of advice for the latter, plan your niche well

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

For personal blogs, comments and likes matter if you want many people to read your blog.

If it a non personal blog ( tech blog, blogging blog, tutorial blog ), comments and votes don't matter much. If you write good content, Google will send you steady traffic and in the long run, people will link to you and likes also come automatically.

Contrast this with personal blogs which don't show up well in search engines. So, comments and likes there are important if you want readers and you can't depend on Google.

And of course, you can also keep blogging for personal satisfaction and ignore stats, votes and likes. Laughing

dxbnidblog
dxbnidblog
from dubai
10 years ago

well its a personal blog,and not source of income prasun thank u though.

yes ranjith as u said comments really matter i guess.lets see i will keep my hopes high

fingers crossed

Prasun Bannerjee
from Udaipur
10 years ago

Then only the fire within you needs to stay alive for blogging :) You'll eventually find a solution to your question. Best wishes

PB

LockSign in to reply to this thread