Do you write on two or more distinct topics on the same blog? How do you tackle

genobz
genobz
from Mumbai
10 years ago

From the time i started writing, i couldn't bring myself to write about just ONE particular topic/theme. At one point i used to blog about 10 different topics on the same blog. Now i have brought that down to 5-6. 

I have tried to used a magazine theme for my blog to ensure the readers dont get lost when they land up on my homepage. 

I am also maintaining seperate feeds so that people get only the content that they like.

What do you do to tackle this? or Do you think my present configuration works for you as a reader? What do you suggest for this situation?

Test Drive @ www.genobz.com

Edited 10 years ago
Reason: incomplete topic
Replies 1 to 1 of 1 Descending
Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Genobz bro you can ask for a review of your blog here

As far as categories are concerned if you take part your blog is bound to become a khichadi blog sooner or later.  The best advice is that you keep a seperate personal blog and a pro blog

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

The best advice is that you keep a seperate personal blog and a pro blog - 

Is that such common practice? I thought I was doing something clever.

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Cool Everybody is clever now a days 

genobz
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Thanks Vijay and The FoolI used to blog on a lot of topics earlier. Now i have reduced it to 4-5. And going forward i see almost all of my posts coming on these topics itself.

Since none of it is actually personal stuff, any ideas how i can achieve a good readership while having all of these topics on the same blog?

LockSign in to reply to this thread