That One thing YOU would change about the great nation INDIA???

NAINI ANAND
NAINI ANAND
from DEHRADUN
10 years ago

Seems like a kiddish topic but today we are at a junction where participative democracy is an imperitive rather than a choice. If given a choice I would prefer to change the system of 2/3 majority for electing a government. A simple majority should be the trend.

You are most welcome to give your views and inputs on what would you like to change for making a better India

Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Descending
Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I wouldnt change anything but would like to spread awareness about the Idea called India which many people dont realise despite 65 years of independence

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Is there such an idea?

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Yep there is TF, its just the matter of knowing it like the air, breath etc.Cool

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

On a serious note, Vijay - I don't know if there is any such. Everyone has their own different ideals and call that the idea of India. I think for most of us cricket and bollywood is what India means.

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

TF Lol there is more to India than Cricket bollywood and Religion Wink

Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago
TF, similar thoughts from me. I think the idea of greatness of India is very much hyped. We are an ordinary nation just like any other in the world with our set of strengths and weaknesses.
Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

Indiblogger is also what India is about!Cool

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Saket I am not saying that India is great or mera bharat mahaan.  I am saying that not all understand the concept called India.  We have our lacunae but do understand that we are now where US was in 1930's and 40's.  Another important aspect of India is the entrenchment of democracy.  Remember as kids we used to pick our captain through majority.  This is just a example of how deeply democracy has penetrated Indian psyche.  As a Institution we are still in nation building mode so lets not say we are going to overtake USA or China but try to understand what we are or rather what India is

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

US in 1930's and 40's didnt have so many languages/religion n cultural differences that india has...( they had hispanic/blacks but they were not original inhabitants ).....meanwhile we give more importance to our regional language/religion etc thats why the idea of india hasnt penetrated deep

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Yep ND absolutely correct.  We are still trying to identify and establish our identities through religion, culture sex etc. when we get our these silly things maybe we will understand 

Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago
Comment Posted seperately.
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Vijay - Talking of your point - corruption is also entrenched in our system. In school when teacher selected class leader, we got good leaders who maintained discipline. When we did based on voting, we got ineffecient leaders who did not maintain discipline.

Similarly at college, I was in the country's most premier engineering college. But elections happened based on regional loyalties, and promise of coordships to power centers. Our cultural seceretary was suspected of looting 1-2 Lakhs in the flagship cultural event.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Our cultural seceretary was suspected of looting 1-2 Lakhs in the flagship cultural event.

It happens in our college also. The organisers of fests produce fake bills and party with the money Undecided

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I don't get what is this 2/3 majority you are talking about. Currently it is simple majority only. only for major changes to constitution 2/3 majority is required which is fair. We don't want random minority governments buying small party MLAs and playing around with the constitution at will. That will make the constitution a joke.

Saket Kalikar
Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago
Taking forward ND's comment about different languages. Yes, this is one thing, I wish I could change. Dealing with so many different languages, has taken its toll on me. my brain refused to cooperate after learning the 3rd one. I am in my current place of stay for last 5 years but have failed miserably to learn the local language. Its pure torture for me. Why do we have to deal with so many languages? Its not our strength, but our weakness.
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Actually we are too united not because of a common vision but too divided on multiple lines to break up. If south wants to secede from India, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka are already fighting each other. Even within Andhrapradesh - Telengana and Seemandhra are fighting. There is caste struggles, relegious struggles. In 65 years politicians have given lip service to eleminating caste system - but have only been deepening the divide. In name of underprevilidged agenda, populist schemes with temporary benefits to poor have been played out but structurally, the rich poor gap has only widened. With such a deep caste mindset and the huge gap between rich and poor, it is a humongous task even for a great visionary leader to take the country anywhere. But rather than visionary leader, we still have narrow minded and rapacious leaders intent on destroying the country. With such deep divisions within, even a revolution can't happen against them to change the system.

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

TF dont worry India will get its own Abe Lincoln soon Cool

Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

With such deep divisions within, even a revolution can't happen against them to change the system.

Yes.

No surprise that the much hoped for 'Indian-spring' failed to happen at Ramleela Maidan or Jantar-mantar.

LockSign in to reply to this thread