Alexa Rank crashing

Sujoy Das
Sujoy Das
from Kolkata
10 years ago

I have been noticing for the last month or so my Alexa rank has been steadily crashing though my blog stats show that the number of visitors are about the same 7500-9000 per month.. any idea why this is happening and I guess it also has an impact on the Indirank.. gone down from 81 to 80 this month.. anyone can shed some light??

Thks

Sujoy

Edited 10 years ago
Reason: changed the category
Replies 1 to 1 of 1 Descending
CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

I hope this piece of small answer from Alexa will help you out with your query.

How can my rank get worse when my site traffic is getting better?

The short answer is that any ranking system ranks you relative to others. The Alexa Traffic Rank ranks your site relative to all other sites in the world.A good analogy is running a race. Let’s say that yesterday you finished the race in 3rd place. If you race again today and have a faster time, you could still finish in 4th place if 3 other people run faster than you. Even though you ran a faster race, your ‘ranking’ got worse because other people ran even faster.

You can get more info here: ALEXA FAQ's: What’s going on with my Alexa Rank?

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Nothing like that CK, the Alexa works on its toolbar downloadsCool

CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

Vijay, whatever I posted was quoted from text on Alexa.com only. I never said anything in this regard. I too have heard that the alexa toolbar downloads plays a role in determining the alexa rank, but, I can't see a change in my toolbar downloads, which is still 1 (only I have downloadedTongue out) irrespective of this, I'm able to see a gradual change (lowering) in my alexa rank. (I can't expect my alexa rank to change so much, even if I keep my blog open 24x7Innocent).

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

CK the toolbar with some blackhat SEO methods get you better Alexa ranks(this is what I have noticed) also they lure into free 1 month trial and then post the trial period your Rank goes for a free fall Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

CK Not the downloads of your toolbar... if someone has the toolbar installed ( whether it is yours or someone else's ) and visits your site, then the view gets registered.

I think they also use other methods like data from ISP's for generating the stats. Cool

LockSign in to reply to this thread