Can i have any tips regarding blog migration from blogger to wordPress !

Hi all,

This is Praveen, and i'm an active blogger from 1 year. Here i would like to know few stuffs regarding blog migration, One of my friend told me to go for WordPress as now am in blogger ! but i'm afraid of my back links and Google indexing parameters. Can you people suggest me ! how and what to i do ?

Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Descending
Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

You want to migrate to wordpress.com or Wordpress.org ?

Praveen Halladamani
from BANGALORE
9 years ago

WorgPress.com with my domain !

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Assuming that you meant self hosted WordPress,

As you are already using a custom domain name, the effect on SERPs would be hardly noticeable if you use proper URL redirections. 

Your PR for home page will remain the same. For other pages, it will become zero if you use different URL structure. But you shouldn't worry much about this.

Search traffic may drop for a few days or weeks but will return to normal levels again.

Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

I just through your blog and I find all your articles are about SEO, backlinks and blogging tricks. You have even written about wordpress themes. Isn't it ?

Why have you started this thread ? I feel it is SSP and would ask the Indipolice to take apt action.

Praveen Halladamani
from BANGALORE
9 years ago

Yes i know much about WordPress but i don't have any practical correlations with it ! So i came up with this idea for better results from experts !

LockSign in to reply to this thread