Done with the blog review, now what?

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Since the day this new blog review contest has started, a lot of activity can be seen in the Blog Review section. There are literally dozens of reviews for almost all the blog review requests, since this new initiative has started. Some good, some neutral, some bad, some just - "Good Blog. Check out and review my blog too." ones, and some more detailed ones.

While, almost all of us are in need of reviews at some point or the other, some of us need a review when we start our blogs and need help setting things, while some need when planning to add new features, while some others need a review while planning a makeover of their blogs. Getting reviews from fellow bloggers is a good thing. A lot of times, we are indebted to them for a lifesaving review (Life of our blogs!), and do thank them, sometimes, we just forget after posting a review request (the way it used to happen in the past). What's important is whether we make the changes as the reviewer(s) suggest us, or we try justifying the issues the reviewer(s) has(ve) pointed out, citing some technical difficulties, or we let it go and forget about it.

If we are contemplating on the review and suggestions, atleast trying to do something constructive, it's good, otherwise, it's a wastage of efforts, for all - ours, the reviewer(s) and IB (for bringing up a contest for blog reviews).

What I'd like to discuss here is how many of us got reviews for our blogs, what were the main points you thought worth considering from one or all reviews for your blog review request (if possible for you to post them), and how many of us made the changes as suggested or justified with whatever reason we had?

P.S. PLEASE DON'T ASK FOR BLOG REVIEWS HERE. THIS IS NOT THE PROPER PLACE. YOU CAN POST A BLOG REVIEW REQUEST @ BLOG REVIEWS, IF ALREADY NOT DONE. WE'LL APPRECIATE IF THIS THREAD GOES WITHOUT ANY SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION (SSP) LINKS.

Replies 1 to 4 of 4 Descending
CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Just before anyone asks me, I'd like to tell that I've got two reviews from Sherna aka Meow Jayaraman and Ranjith, and I'm thankful to both of them.Smile

While for Sherna's suggestions, some, I implemented at that time only, some, I justified with whatever little knowledge i had, however, at the current date, I can say that I've implemented most of them, except the one to increase the number of posts on my blog's home page. I've experimented with 3, 4 and 5 posts, but, have settled down to only two, because I think two of my posts are more than enough, given the length of my posts, that include, an average of 2-3 photos.

Recently, Ranjith too reviewed my blog.  Most of the points, he raised were quite valid as per my understanding, and I've started implementing the changes.

For now, I've forced that slider to occupy a static area on my blog's home page. This area, initially black, will be occupied with the slider, once the images and other resources load successfully.

Second change I did was removing the Text Select restriction, that was done with the help of Javascript.

Third change, a change in the text colour of the Blog description, that, being white was quite hard to read, given the background image of a white flower.

I'm still working on to bring in more changes in my blog, as per his suggestions, and am currently working on a feature wherein the selected text would be highlighted with shadow.

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Now what???? Now we dance like there's no tomorrow in the literal sense!

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Or have cakes.Tongue out You won't get it because for you, cake is a lie.:))

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

There will definitely be a tomorrow but that tomorrow is not the same as today. But no dancing please! SInging will be much better. Laughing

Mohit
Mohit
from Mumbai
9 years ago

It seems very less people took part in Blog Review Week and I was definitely one of them :P.  Friends if the winners of blog review week contest are announced then let me know....I am excited to win it lolz.....I hope to see more of such weekly contests...It makes me work harder...

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Mohit, seems a lot of people participated in the Blog Review Week. However, almost all of them seemed not interested in discussing the changes they did or didn't, that were posted in their blog review thread.

CRD
CRD
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Hi. Is the blog review contest still on? If not, have the winners been declared already?

knitha.urs
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Its closed and best reviwers are not announced yet...

LockSign in to reply to this thread