taken as insult by men, but praise for women.??????

Princi Malhan
Princi Malhan
from Bangalore
9 years ago

If "LADKI H SALLA" is considrd as insult for men. How come "SHE IS THE MAN OF HOUSE" is said in praise????

Replies 1 to 18 of 18 Descending
The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

I don't understand the sentence.

Princi Malhan
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Have u ever come across newspaper articles praising successful women by saying "she is as tough and hardwirking as men". So i m confused that when someone has to insult men thry say "ladki h ye to" and ironicaly saying "ladka h ye to" for girls is taken as praise.

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

[laughter at the specific purpose]

Princi Malhan
from Bangalore
9 years ago

::/ :?w

Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

That is a bias that our society has. Yes, it should be something like - She is the bread winner of the house or She is the head of the house. Smile

The world is improving but it will take some time Innocent

Princi Malhan
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Yep, the wirld is improving but the battle between men and women is still going on like they are 2 diff races.

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

In developed countries they have more rights and more freedom. It is the society in which we are living has some problems. In well educated families there is hardly any difference between the son and the daughter. 

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Not really - when single father cares well for the children they say he has been a mother to the children in praise as well.

Princi Malhan
from Bangalore
9 years ago

The word "mother" in itself means respect. But i here is talking about the diffrences and partialities between men and women,some of which are so common that they go unnoticed. Foe example: in textbooks "he/his" are used for humans in general depicting as if only men exist.

Datta Ghosh
from Kolkata, Gurgaon
9 years ago

Princi some textbooks are introducing "Her" or "his/her", the world and its perceptions are changing, slowly

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Also try telling a woman she looks like a man and see if she takes it as a compliment.

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Also try telling a man he looks like a woman and see if he takes it as a compliment.

Datta Ghosh
Datta Ghosh
from Kolkata, Gurgaon
9 years ago

We essentially live in a patriarchal society, where Masculine traits are considered good and acceptable and feminine traits are considered as weaker one. Women are considered weaker, inferior. So, it's the way the society thinks.

Jyoti Kapoor
Jyoti Kapoor
from Wettingen
9 years ago

It really depends on the context, but mostly such comparisions don't lead to anything good for any sex. I agree with Gaurab, we need Mental reforms in India, and partially agree with Nandini Deka This discrimination is somewhat started by women, but its actually men who are basking in it, coz if men were really that strong and fearless, they would stand against discrimination of all sorts. In olden days men was the bread winner so women were dependant on him and that's where this all started. Money got him power. NO one in seems to understand that household chores is also work, taking care of kids when man is at work, is also work! and way more tidious work than he is doing in an air conditioned office in front of his screen. That makes woman stronger than man. and many more things .. so he should take pride in being called a woman...but that's not happening right.

some things are just funny pharses 'Ladki hai saala...' i would just let these pass by .. ' she's the man of the house' is coming from history of women.. i might just let it go..intelligent ignorance ..but give a slight nasty look,to make my point ...

But if someone says  "she is as tough and hardworking as men" Scr** that guy..this could only be a sentence of an unreasonable mind.  As I said depends on context.

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

I think it's right to say that it depends upon context. There are all kind of men as well as women. People should learn to respect each other.

Partha Sadhukhan
Partha Sadhukhan
from Bangalore
9 years ago

lol..the topic itself is a male bashing topic.

Women say Patriarchal Society is bad - When it is the men who is saving civilizations for ages. Where were the feminists when we had disaster in Uttarakhand? Why only male soldiers sent to save the civilisation? Why women were rescued earlier? Why some young women too got copper service when no young men (except foregners) were allowed onboard? It is the men who always sacrifice the most to save women and now patriarchy becomes nasty.

"Ladki hai saalaa"- A weak person. Weak by physical strength. I blv women have greater mental strength than men. So we see more male suicide than women. But at times it is also used to depict weak mental strength of men. Which is ignorance of the person who is saying that.

'She is the man of the house' - Used when a woman earns and contribute to the house and takes all care because traditionally it was man's responsibility. Even today. the husband / father becomes automatically responsible for taking financial care of children and wife and even working wives who demand equal rights are given maintenance. WHen you ladies change the perception about yourself and protest against such free maintenance given to women then the expect change.

Masculine traits are considered to be good - Don't consider. Who asked you women to imitate men and wear our clothes? our behaviour. Did we ever try to copy you?

"She is tough and hardworking as men..screw that guy" - What the hell. If you think women can be more hardworking (even I blv that) how many of you bloggers have ever protested against maintenance laws of the land. Why are working women or women who are able bodied ask for lifelong maintenance? 

knitha.urs
from Bangalore
9 years ago

men are saving civilizations for ages??...U mean women have no contribution??? Civilization is saved because of both men and women,no one is alone responsible.

Women have great mental strength coz they are bought up in a way to take all kind of mental torture men do on her and she gets seasoned as she go through it all her life.

If a women is earning well enough than a man,even she needs to provide financial care for her husband according to Law.

Who asked you women to imitate men and wear our clothes? our behaviour. Did we ever try to copy you?

yeah we wear pant but in a style and there is a feminine touch even in a pant we wear.

Did we ever try to copy you?

crossdressers!!!Ring The Bell????

Princi Malhan
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Firstly i ll say i m not taking sides here. Its in in gnrl context. The truth is men nd women complete each other so comparing two or saying one is better than other is gibberish.Secondly i dun knw about mental strength, but there are more male suicides because men dont share whats going on in their mind. If one ll not let vent out what so ever is bothering him/her then obviously one ll take such cowardly steps.as far as it concerns about why women are not send to fight in wars or to help jn disaster struck areas then with all due respect sir; its not the wimen who is at fault here. rules and regulations of defence are to b blamed. When defence forces come for recruitmnt in colleges girls are not allowed to sit. And i hope u know that all the seniod most positions are occupied by men. So ll u still ask the same question.Considering physical strength,u shall know nothing is more painful than LABOUR PAIN. If a women could bear that she could bear anything. And i mean it. Anything means anything.God is far far smart and intellectual than us all. So if he had made these changes in body structure and hormones with periods after every 28 days and power to take care of life to women that means a women is much more stronger than men.As far as takinv care of family is concrnd then there are zillions of examples where divorcee and widow women take care of family with pride and dignity.

knitha.urs
knitha.urs
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Maintaince Laws-that is coz of your patriachy society,If a husband decides to leave his wife though she is earning,its not easy for her to live in this patriachy society as the chances of another man accepting her with kids and giving a life is like a fairy tale and chances are less.Where as men can get away with any No of divorces and still can marry as there will be some stupid woman waiting for just a secuity in life.

"Money cant buy Happiness But still its comfortable to cry sitting in a nice house than on road".

Princi Malhan
Princi Malhan
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Before i joined college such questions never crossed my mind. Because i never felt like boy and girl are different. My parents were and are proud of me. Call it the society i was living in or my upbringing but i never felt any diff.I always saw mom and dad working equalky and helping each other in every sphere of life.But i was shocked to core when i joined college.There were many discriminations.Hostel timings, contesting for top posts etc etcAnd i was like why?????One who dares compare the two isthe biggest fool. And men and women complete each other then how could we say one is better than other. Neithe one could live without the care and support of other.So why since ages one is considered superior and other inferior???Today when even a black is ruling the supreme power (USA) a country where they used to be slaves , when ll the time come when no such comparisons ll b made??? TRuth b said men vs women is the oldest cold war and no one knows till when it ll continue.We dun pay attention to many small things but there are many things which are very harsh and partial but are so common that they are easily ignored.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

u studied in all girls school or co-ed?

Princi Malhan
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Co ed.

Partha Sadhukhan
Partha Sadhukhan
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Again Patriarchy is never considered bad when provides free lunch to women or considers men as criminals for being men. 

'Husband Decides to leave wife'- lol...where did you see that happening? Do you know hw many husbands filing divorce cases actually get one? Come to reality.

'Another man accepting her with kids'- Why do you need a man to survive? Don;t you think women are strong enough to surive? Why such double standard in life?

A man can get away with any number of divorces - Lol? When in each divorce equality seeking educated, and seemingly well mannered women want to live on the ex's income for your life and then cry equality? Also when feminists groups demand rights into husbands ancestral property whereas wife has NO contribution in a family? What kind of joke is this?

Civilization saved because both men and women - lol...we have seen that in Uttarakhand disaster. Where were thos elife saver women?

Women can bear maternal pain - so? It is a biological feature. If men had this even they would have done so..

Women earning well enough needs to maintain husband - only one law...you women have five, including this section. Also you want 'Salary to wife', IRBM and what not. Earning wife can't be forced to pay in the family that is domestic violence. Whereas a husband not contributing to family is also DV. 

We wear pants with feminine touch. - Still it is a copy from us.

Crossdressers - lol..they are the ones confused lot about their gender. Only feminist groups promote such gays..

Army not recruiting women - Who wants to get false rape charge? When only women can file such cases our army can be conrolled by feminists and foreign power by such women..

Labour pain is painful - Yes, it is. That is why all mothers are respected. But do you mothers can keep the respect? It is the mothers who do not allow the child to visit or see the father thus leading the child to slow poison..

Maintenance laws: patriarchal society does not give single mother a chance to live - Then why do women file most divorces? Why don;t they allow the child to be with the father? Why do they want to the first parent? It is the choice of single mothers today to live like that, take the life as it comes. Why blaming others?

Men commit more suicide because they don;t share their feelings - that is what men are told from childhood. Be strong, you are a man. Don't cry like women. Respect women etc. ...and what happens when the same boy gets a false rape case or his wife cheats on him..he is still forced to blv that he is at fault ..it is easy to say that men don;t share their feelings, they are weak at heart etc..when all laws are gynocentric in a patriarchal society..when you women have one NCW, state commissions, mahila police station, a ministry and whole lot of social benefits enjoyed at the expense and taxes paid by men...still all of shamelessly say patriarchy is bad...how foolish.

knitha.urs
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Patriachy is coz of the dominence of male and women accepted it coz of male dominence is society.There are men who lives on free lunch too.What about those men who live on a dowry???

'Husband Decides to leave wife'- lol...where did you see that happening? Do you know hw many husbands filing divorce cases actually get one? Come to reality.

have you ever been a VICTIM?

How many women also has a cake walk in getting a divorce done?

'Another man accepting her with kids'- Why do you need a man to survive? Don;t you think women are strong enough to surive? Why such double standard in life?

Is'nt it applicable even for men?Even  man at 60 with housefull of kids wants to marry a sweet 16....Then why not women?Why cant she accepted???

Army not recruiting women - Who wants to get false rape charge? When only women can file such cases our army can be conrolled by feminists and foreign power by such women..

who is responsible for giving a loophole of rape????If you men decided not to force a women for sex-The word rape wouldnt have existed,

Labour pain is painful - Yes, it is. That is why all mothers are respected. But do you mothers can keep the respect? It is the mothers who do not allow the child to visit or see the father thus leading the child to slow poison..

Just like bad men there are bad and mean women aswell....

We wear pants with feminine touch. - Still it is a copy from us

May be its a copy...we still do it in style and got accepted in society.

Crossdressers - lol..they are the ones confused lot about their gender. Only feminist groups promote such gays

we women have compassion towards those gender confused group,where as you men use them for your needs in dark and make fun of them in daylight.

Princi Malhan
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Y r u so badly trting to prove men are superior.When i m saying that we need to stop such comparisons.I ofcourse could cross answer each of your xplanation but i wont.Bcz i think both have seprate duties and comparing them is like comparing a lion and an elephant which ofcourse is blunder.PEACEand try to give a thinkabout what actually m i saying.:)

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

women wear pants cos men wear lungi...which is like a long skirtCool

knitha.urs
from Bangalore
9 years ago

ND...Lungi-Long skirt :)):)):))

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

knitha...many times the lungi is folded...then it becomes short/mini skirtLaughingTongue outCool

knitha.urs
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Nd  

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago
Princi Malhan
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Idun think dress codes belongs to a prticular section. Its obvious that when one has to work in a factory u cant work in sari or gowns. One needs to wear proper clothing acc to the requirement. 

Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

We shouldn't talk about trivial matters but where are we heading towards ? As I already said that it depends upon upbringing, family and society. In well educated families son and daughters are treated as equals. So, in society are we ready to accept each other as equals ?

I think many a times women don't consider themselves as equals ? How many women can you tell me who have married men who earn less than them or earn nothing  ? 

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

You know, one fine day when an alien race invades Earth and converts us as a slave race, its then we will come to realize that it was a stupid idea to stop fighting among eachother over petty differences.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

it was a stupid idea to stop fighting among eachother over petty differences.

you mean stop or start?

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

May I request locking of this thread? This is going beyond friendly chats and discussions, and out of manageable proportions too!

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

@Ck - With due respect, I don't think it has gone out of manageable proportions. No one is blaming personally but the throught processes and the the mind sets that are prevalent. I think being bloggers we have that in us to write and discuss more than others. I feel the discussion is enriching and bringing to front some deep rooted issues. (There are many threads where ppl are joking around, let one serious discussion thread be there)

Still if in your right mind you think it should be locked then that's fine. 

knitha.urs
from Bangalore
9 years ago

In what way discussions have gone out of manageable proportions?????

CK-Here no one is fighting or making a personal attacks....

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Gaurab, it's just my opinion. And I said so, because, such threads always go out of manageable proportions because there's no end to such discussions. We've seen such threads in the forum earlier also, and, in my memory, one such thread turned quite nasty. Since the last time I saw this thread yesterday, I can see some heated arguments among members, on "petty issues". We can't get over others!

And I'm no MOD, just a regular member, like you, so, I requested, what I thought good enough for this thread. Rest, is the decision of the Mods/IndiPolice to do what they deem fit for this.

Princi Malhan
from Bangalore
9 years ago

@ck i posted this thread bcz i blv we writers could think better on many issues and if it ll be not us to discuss prevailing things then who ll ???Afterall PEN IS MIGHTER THAN SWORD.

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Knitha, read carefully - 

This is going beyond friendly chats and discussions, and out of manageable proportions too!

If you people feel this thread is on track, carry on, I'm out of here. Laughing

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

I support CK Laughing

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

For, President? Thanks, r Tongue out

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Has CK been designated a moral inspector on IBInnocent  Not taking side but this is a good discussion.  @CK I think IB and IP are intelligent enough to see the proportionationlism of the the threadTongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

I'm withdrawing my support to ck X(

knitha.urs
from Bangalore
9 years ago

R-????

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Additionally, can I please request the members to please calm down? We all know we all have our individual contributions in the society. Still, we don't miss a chance to fight over such issues, trying to highlight our importance and our contribution to the society? We all know - "One hand alone can't make a clap sound", and both the sexes are like hands of the human body, incomplete without the other one.

@ Partha Sadhukhan,

Why are you wasting your time by explaining the concept "Women and Children first" and again being listening cries from woemn, men treat them inferior. It is our Government  makes gender differences by telling we did so and so to protect all women in India from all the Indian men Tongue out .  Perhaps Indian government doesn't trust men of the country. Giving salry to house wife,  allowance for rape victim,  free exams and education for daughters of  multi billiniors where we middle class men have to pay full cource and exam fee ( ref: UPSC exam). All the gender inequalities will end if no one is crying for it.

Men and women are differnet by nature and not equal. It doesn't mean men are superior or women are superior. Nature decides the duty of each sex and who we are to decide the superiority of each. Women are superiuior in their domain and men are superior in their domain. I see many women oursmart men, so I have no objection to see a woman in top position if she is worthy. I believe smartness doesn't comes with a person's gendure. kumari mayawati, Jayalalithaa,  Mamtha banaerji, Sonia Gandhi etc comes to power because of their smartness. Who can object it. However, being promoted only based on reservation or government law and  showing boss is totatlly unacceptable. It applies to men too. We must respect the talent and smartness of an individual rather than considering that person a man or woman.

About Army, if a woman is confident enough to go to battle field, she must be allowed. By doing it, she proves therself and if our laws prohibit it, it is very unfortunate.

I belive Indian divorce law is fully biased. However, I am not going to comment on it and have no personal experience.

Princi Malhan
from Bangalore
9 years ago

I agree with u sir. This is what i was trying to say.. when everyone is superior in their domain then why such gibberish comparisons prevail.

knitha.urs
knitha.urs
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Men and women are differnet by nature and not equal. It doesn't mean men are superior or women are superior. Nature decides the duty of each sex and who we are to decide the superiority of each. Women are superiuior in their domain and men are superior in their domain.

Totally agree with you. No one is superior or Inferior.

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
9 years ago

I am watching this thread, Cyber. If any fights break out I will lock it. So far discussions have been civil.

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Yes TF fully concur with youCool

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

@TF - Let some good discussion take place. There are so many threads with jokes going around. These are enriching discussions for everyone. 

This is the 2nd comment which is presuming that a fight will break out. Why such a pessimistic approach ? 

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Gaurab I dont think TF meant any thing there, he was just replying to an indibloggers concernsCool

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Ok then please consider my last comment as void. Smile I just saw the word cyber right now. Embarassed

LockSign in to reply to this thread