Blog Stats - Visitors

Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

What is the average number of visitors a blog should receive ?

It's always good to have more visitors but there should be some threshold or yardstick like a good blog gets this much visits.

This is the second part, not that important but I would really like to know is there any blogger who get more than 1000 views a day ?

Replies 1 to 11 of 11 Descending
Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
9 years ago

In the case of non-professional/personal bloggers, I think 500 pageviews a day is fair and square!

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Thanks Bushra Laughing I think it's a tough task for me as I'm not getting much time. I suppose most of these visitors should be from social networks and blog networks only. 

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Gaurab for pro blogs the more the merrier I hope to cross the 5lac/per month barrier by end of this year for one of my blogs. 

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Thanks Vijay. This is where my problem lies. I just came across blogs who are telling that they are getting visitors greater than 1 lakh per month but their alexa ranks are higher (which is bad) than my blog. Undecided 

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Maybe they are getting lakh views and maybe not.  But you cant rely on Alexa.  I was in region of 80000-90000 on Alexa in Sept 2013 and signed up for their one month trial version.  After one month, I unsubscribed from their paid version they started degrading by blog slowly and steadily.  Emails to them did not yield any answersUndecided after that I stopped reckoning Alexa as a benchmarkTongue out GPR is always betterCool

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Most of the pro bloggers say inside the million mark it gives a very accurate result. Though could always be some anomaly in the ranking system. What is the current visitor stats for your website ?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

inside the million mark

May be it should be lakh / thousand Undecided

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Gaurab Combo gets around 1000+ visitors and TW gets around 10K+ visitors.  I am concentrating more on tw as I like the niche

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

@Vijay - Which one is TW ? Undecided

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Its not on indi Cool 

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Surprised PM me the link Wink

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

ok messaged you

msg me also Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

me too Tongue out

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Ranjith you already know it you helped me point the domain name Tongue out 

NSV  will do that

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

but still me too Tongue out

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

The best answer is 'It depends' Tongue out but if you want an answer, I would say 3k visitors pm for personal (creative writing) blogs and 10 lakh for blogs intended to generate revenue ( Don't ask me how I arrived at these numbers )

Now, coming back to the phrase 'It depends'. You can get visitors in many ways.

Promoting all posts on IndiVine.

Commenting on other blogs the entire day.

etc etc.

A better metric would be pageviews combined with average time spent. 

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

I read that it is " Visitors, Pageviews and Time spent " which is widely used hence organic traffic is sp very important. I'm doing great for a personal blog. Laughing Cool

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Ranjiith Promoting posts on indivine may get you votes but it doesnt mean visitors Cool  I see the top blogger (90+ indirank) ones never ever put their post on indivineCool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Vijay I was talking about 5 second visitors Tongue out

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Tongue outTongue out

Subroto
Subroto
from Brisbane
9 years ago

500 pages views a day for non-professional bloggers Surprised

3k visitors pm for personal (creative writing) blogs Surprised

At this point I quietly slink away.

My sympathies! I too slink away...

Pallavi
Pallavi
from Delhi/Mumbai
9 years ago

That's a question I've been battling with too. I am close to 2 month blog anniversary mark and have about 42k pageviews. I try to blog almost every day operating word: try! All the traveling effectively screws that up). On good days blog gets 2-3k hits, on bad days just about 500. Don't know if it is good/bad/in between :/ Any comments from seasoned bloggers?

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

It's too good for a personal blog but as per the above figures not so good for a professional blog. Wink Great going with your post a day habit, I'm struggling to maintain even one post per week. Frown Best wishes. Laughing

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

For a two months old blog, I think it's very good Tongue out

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Pallavi thats damm good, keep it going 

Keep BloggingSmile

Anant Aggarwal
from Faridabad
9 years ago
Pallavi, these are great numbers for a 2 month old blog. Congrats and best of luck for even more in the coming future.
Pallavi
Pallavi
from Delhi/Mumbai
9 years ago

Thank you so much Gaurab, Ranjith, Vijay and Anant :) You guys have filled me with new energy :))

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Hope its the blogging energy Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Laughing

Thanks all this thread was really interesting to read.

For me its a personal blog (NON professional blogger), so the first time my pageviews reached 1000 page views I was on the ninth cloud and thought ok my blog is doing good.

But from that day onwards my expecatations have gone high and that has raised the bar for me.

later on only if page views were more than my expecation I felt good.

After few days I realized more than the page views its the number of comments that makes me happy.

So now I judge if my post is good/bad/great depending on the Quality and Quantity of COMMENTS :)

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Nice blog Ananya Smile couple of suggestions 

1. Add social share widget on the left side 2. remove chikita it sucks 3. put the leaderboard at the top and put a 336 x 280 at the end of the post. Remove the big adspace below my blogger friends 

#myopinion

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

You are always getting so many wonderful comments. Laughing Looking at the number of comments, you must be really really happy. Tongue out 

Thanks Vijay Prabhu , will consider your suggesations and work on them ASAP :)

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

welcome Smile

Yes Gaurab ..I am thakful to all my readers who have an imp source of happines in my life
Rajesh
Rajesh
from anantapur
9 years ago

It's always good to find number of audiance can visit our blog everyday so that we feel so happy but we need to workhard to find crowd.

visit count for mine Cry from server side awstats.. Analytics reports a bit more, but safer to go with the lowest report..

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

It looks great Cool Why are you Cry

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

He want 10 lakh visitors per day Tongue out

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

People gets way more Undecided