Need Guidance for my blog....

Vidushi Jain
Vidushi Jain
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

I am a beginner in this field of blogging. I have recently started a technology blog where I update about the latest smartphone and their comparison. But since competition in this field is very high, so how can I succeed? Like if I write about a smartphone, there is already many articles already written. So can I make my article different because most of the content like specs and features are same for all. How can I bring traffic to my blog. Any suggestion would be appreciated :) 

Thanks in advance :)

Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Descending
CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

IMO, there isn't much scope in this field as gadgets and technology are some of the most sought after search keywords over the internet.

Had you been testing these gadgets and then reviewing, it would've been something different, but, since you're not, the best way, IMO, for you would be, to stick to the point, i.e. keep working on whatever you are working, and try making the articles more indulging for the readers. You can integrate side-by-side comparision features wherein the visitor gets to select devices he/she wants and then, see the features point by point. Though, thus is already being done by a number of these comparision sites, like gsmarena, fonearena and such, but, you can also try doing it.

Just a suggestion, make sure that you put each and every specifation, as correct as possible. Ensuring this would help the visitors trust you, making your site popular.

Abhishek
Abhishek
from Allahabad
9 years ago

Hi Vidushi,

You'll have to stand a bit out of the crowd here as your niche is highly crowded. You don't need to change your domain, just improvise it to create a niche for your blog and build audience.

• For gadget specs and news, you won't get organic traffic (read Google traffic), at least not now. Be sure of it. For such articles, rely on social media. This means you'll have to build a good following on Facebook/Google Plus/Pinterest/Twitter
  • To get some Google traffic, try to solve people's problem. You'll get the best traffic for these kind of articles as not all big blogs cover solution to problems. As a gadget user, you yourself will have some issues every now and then (be it hardware, software, app anything). If you had to Google for the solution, many more people would be Googling for the same issue. Check if a fix for your problem is already available on internet, if yes, see if you could improve it (in clear instructions with screenshots).
  • Try to write best-of-list. Try to be unique here as well. Like write for 10 best android phones under 5000 ruppees or 5 best free apps for cooking etc.
  • Interesting artocles like "10 things you should do or dont" type of article are viral on social media. Try them as well.

I hope this helps. Some tips from my over 3 years of blogging experience.

Vidushi Jain
Vidushi Jain
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

CyberKID- Thanks for ur advise. I will try to make it more creative. :)

Abhishek- Thanks for sharing your experience. This will definitely help me in my blogging journey ahead. I will start writing articles on the topics you mentioned above. Thanks once again :)   

LockSign in to reply to this thread