Need help to understand this

Khushboo Motihar
Khushboo Motihar
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Hi,

I got the following email today: Hello,We are looking for the opportunity to build a CPC bidding campaign with your site (my blog's name) . We are interested in any vacant placements. Averagely, you can earn about $150 - $1200 per million impressions. It will mostly depend on your actual CPC and CTR bids.E.g. if the average CPM rate of your campaign is $400, your monthly earnings will be up to $83. This forecast is based on the information of traffic of your site, given by Alexa Rate. Your earnings will mostly depend on the volume of audience on your site, chosen category of ads, number of advertising blocks, etc.What do you think about testing our system? If you don't mind, please send me some information of chosen placements for our widgets. I will create widgets, according to the required design, placements, and etc.

I cannot understand anything he is saying. Also, I don't understand why did they send this email to me. My blog barely gets 2000 visitors per month and I thought advertisements were for blogs with larger audiences. Can anybody help me out? 

Edited 9 years ago
Reason: edit
Replies 1 to 7 of 7 Descending
Abhishek
Abhishek
from Allahabad
9 years ago

These kind of mails are sent by new rather unknown adevrtising network and those are not very high paying ads as well. With 2000 visitors per month, this will take you years to even earn the minimum payout. So my advice, ignore the mail for now and focus on your blog.

Khushboo Motihar
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Thank you Abhishek Smile

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

It is sent by RTBSystem.com by any chance KhushbooInnocent

Khushboo Motihar
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Yes Vijay. I keep getting emails from them and I thought I should at least make an attempt to understand what they are trying to say. Smile

Khushboo Motihar
from Mumbai
9 years ago

BTW are they frauds or something Vijay? I really can't understand why they are sending me emails because like I said, I hardly get any traffic. 

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

I think Ranjith will explain it better then me Frown Let Ranjopedia come online 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Innocent

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

I too got this mail, I think yesterday. Infact, I have declined their offer once, still I have received a mail.

Since they don't have the actual stats of our blogs, they rely upon whatever approximate stats they get from other sites. Additionally, they do have a minimum visits requirements, for any blog to be eligible for the ad programme, they still send it to almost all blogs they find. Maybe, they are sending these mails to all the blogs, listed here on IB, which are not part of any advertisement programmes. I think, you can safely ignore these mails.

Khushboo Motihar
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

I get mails from around 8-10 companies. Never replied coz never had time to undersatnd their "encypted" mail. Are these even good for a blog or do they hamper it ? I personally hate those link ads.

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Khushboo the company itself is legit but dont know the cpm/cpa rates they offerInnocent

Sweety Pateliya
Sweety Pateliya
from Nagpur
9 years ago
I don't think there is any harm in trying it out, if the company is legit. Like why not? Even if it takes a lot of time to get the minimum payment, what's the harm in trying out? As it is you there is no earning in the blog currently. I don't know, I am as naive as you are but this is what I think. Please throw some light guys. Like pros and cons in trying this out?
Khushboo Motihar
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Though I would love it if my blog could help me earn some money, I am quite practical. I know the audience is not large enough and I don't see the point of cluttering my blog with unnecessary ads. The company maybe legit, but I don't know what products they might want to advertise. I guess I won't be replying to them for now.

Thanks for your reply Sweety Smile

Mohit
Mohit
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Khushboo don't worry..I also received the same mail few days back. It seems that they are trying to promote their new company which provides advertisement for blogs and websites..Stay Calm and Keep Blogging :-) ...

LockSign in to reply to this thread