Google ain't showing my author image in search result — Please Help!!

Niladri Chatterjee
Niladri Chatterjee
from Kolkata
9 years ago

I guess my problem is pretty clear to you guys. I've done everything that is recommended by google! There's a link to my google+ profile (with the rel="author" stuff). There's a link back to my site from my google+ profile. My image, I guess, is quite recognizable by any SEs. I've added publisher info in the meta section. Now I don't know, why the heck isn't it being showed up in results? I've waited for more than 3-4 months (many many google updates) yet no results. Can you please help me out? Thanks in advance.

Replies 1 to 4 of 4 Descending
Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

You must have read that it is on their discretion that they will show your author image or not.  Google says it will add the author image to search results only if they think that it enhances the quality of the search. This info is given at many places. 

Niladri Chatterjee
Niladri Chatterjee
from Kolkata
9 years ago

Thanks for your information Gaurab. I think I should wait until they think it's relevant.

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Just a suggestion, it may or may not work but try to write posts on similar topics. I just checked your blog since it's a tech blog there would many bloggers who would be writing on the same topics. Select one niche and write multiple posts on it. Ex - any one OS or any one kind of mobile or any specific kind of tutorial. It would hopefully pay divident.

Niladri Chatterjee
Niladri Chatterjee
from Kolkata
9 years ago

I'll try to comply your tips. Thanks once again. Laughing

Abhishek
Abhishek
from Allahabad
9 years ago

Google has stopped including author images in search since last week.

Source: http://moz.com/blog/bye-bye-author-pics

Niladri Chatterjee
from Kolkata
9 years ago

Thanks for your reply Abhishek. I didn't notice it previously. Wink

LockSign in to reply to this thread