Zipping all blog posts.

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
9 years ago

I have received an e-mail from a reader asking for a compilation of all my blog posts by zipping them and mailing it across. Though I am willing to share and send, but problem is, I am not sure if that is even possible and if it is then how do I go about it? considering I have close to 300 posts published till date.

What do you say, possible or no? What would be the best way to handle this matter?

Thanks. Smile

Replies 1 to 4 of 4 Descending
Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Arti it possible and doable tooCool Visit here > https://www.google.com/settings/takeout/custom/blogger and download whatever you want in zip formatSmile

Arti
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Thanks for the link Vijay, great find! Will try it out soon. Smile

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Thanks Vijay. That was of a great help. Smile

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

But, probably, this will not help her. What it gives as an output is an atom file, which she can use to import her blog to wordpress or some other platform, but, it won't possible for her to send it across as standalone HTML pages. Or is there something I'm missing here?

Anant Aggarwal
from Faridabad
9 years ago
I believe its similar to subscribing to someone's RSS feed.
CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

This is what I got from this url: 

Maybe, what she needs is a website copier. This one is good - HTTrack Website Copier

Anant Aggarwal
from Faridabad
9 years ago
A website copier would be the only choice I guess. But even a website copier, in my opinion, would mark down and download unnecessary attributes though I am not sure. I think what she requires is just the blog's content and a website copier would blurt out a lot of extras too. Have you ever used one?
CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

The thing is, a website copier downloads all the stuff it can, to make the website navigable offline. I've used this one a lot. Tongue out

I would have preferred sending PDF copies of the pages, but hearing her 300+ post count, I will definitely go this way. :))

Anant Aggarwal
from Faridabad
9 years ago
Oh okay, that would mean it would download all the blog posts as HTML pages. So as a matter of fact, she can ask her reader to install HTTrack Website Copier and acquire her whole website offline and later take his necessary printouts.
CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Or, she can download it all herself, and send a zipped copy to the person concerned. I think it'd be best to send PDF copies, instead of sending HTML files, of a zip of it. Even if not, HTTrack makes a page and shows the available projects that can be viewed offline. anyone who wants to, can easily use if offline.

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

CK You can turn a atom into xml and then into xls or doc file alongwith all pictures intact with the above zip downloadUndecided

Very strange request ...

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to key in your replies, everyone! Smile

@Alex, Anant, DvD : I agree with all your scepticisms concerning the request as my initial reaction was the same. And my initial thoughts were just that - He should access it via my blogs; online. The only thing that's prompted me to go ahead with it then - was a quick search I did to find out more on him, just out of curiousity - and, I came to know he is a senior citizen and a retired governement employee.

Since my blog is about travel with a concentration on my yatras or pilgrimages, chances are that he might be interested in reading it but is having difficulty accessing it online. Perhaps it's more comfortable for him to read it in paperback form after printing. Moreover, his e-mails sound genuine to me and my gut feeling tells me to trust, hence I decided in favor of sending over my blogs to him.

Not sure if this is the thing to do otherwise but considering what I gauged, seems pretty harmless in this case ...

Desire v/s Destiny
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

seems harmless !

technophilo
technophilo
from Vellore
9 years ago

The best solution is convert your blog into e-book using blog to book app offered free of cost by pothi.com. You can customize the blog-book with author name, posts you want to be included, photographs and all possible details... you can customize it in many ways and bring out in the form of book either hard copy or soft copy (e-book)...!!! You can share with anyone as an e-book too or you can get a printed copy for yourself or someone ;-)

Have a look at http://blog2book.pothi.com/

regards,

technophilo

Arti
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Sounds and looks equally good, technophilo. I will be looking more into it, thank you so much for sharing! Smile

LockSign in to reply to this thread