Sponsored posts

Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

I tried to ask this in some of the threads but haven't got any answers. So, I thought about creating this thraed. 

Can anyone tell me what should one charge for writing a sponsored post ? or what is the amount companies would be ready to pay for the sponsored post ?

1-20
21-23
Replies 1 to 20 of 23 Descending
Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Gaurab its upto youCool I started with 40 usd for an article and graduated to 100 to 150 an articleSmile. The highest I got was $500 for a hosting review.  It depends on what your website will command in the eyes of the person offering sponsored post.  You put an offer, they put counter offer, you judge the middle amount and put is across, they acceptCool

knitha.urs
from Bangalore
9 years ago

500 Usd!!!!:-O:-O:-O:-O:-O:-O:-O:-O:-O:-O:-O:-O:-O:-O:-O:-O:-O

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Thanks a lot Vijay. Few companies contacted me for sponsored post but asked me to quote a price, which I was actually not prepared for. I was worried that I don't end up spooking them or asking them a very low price. Then 40 usd it should be. Smile  Money mouth

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

If this your first sponsored post quote 60 and come down to 40 when they get back.  They always get back if you have a good siteSmile

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

I wrote a few posts for some websites but they were like contest organized by them in their respective sites. Undecided

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

I'm still in trance of VP's 500 USD sponsored post fee  [Man it'll sufice me for a 3N2D Singapore trip!]

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

500? :-O

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Ranjith 500 USD and they gave me free hosting space as well Cool

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

VP never taught me how to bag such offers ["how could you bro" wala emotion]

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

AS Broda I never got that kind of offer again Cry (sorry broda wala look)

knitha.urs
from Bangalore
9 years ago

all I got was 10$....

Anant Aggarwal
from Faridabad
9 years ago
O God, 500 US Dollars for one sponsored post. I would had rushed to an electronics store to get a tablet to use the money at one go, had I got such an offer. Vijay, you nailed that hosting company! By the way, was 500 a middle offer? My ears would blast off if it was a middle offer.
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Anant that was a one of incident somewhere in September, but I would certainly like it to repeat more often in future Smile

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

For Indian sites also I should quote it in USD or INR ?

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Gaurab quote in USD only and if they ask for INR quote multiply it by 60 and give it to themCool

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Thanks Laughing Money mouth

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

I hope that I too get some $500's Undecided

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

This is too good. I hope every blogger is able to command this kind price some day. :)

Siddharth Muzumdar
from Mumbai
9 years ago

@VP -  Does the fee depend on the industry and/or category of blogging as well? I mean how likely is it that a person who blogs about technology and a person who blogs about food might receive similar such offers for a sponsored post?

(Wrote this after I recovered from the astonishment of USD 500)

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Siddhart the hosting companies pay good even affiliates receive more than 100 usd per referralWink.  Tech blogs rule the roost.  I dont have a food blog so cant dwell on that aspect Tongue out

Meghana
Meghana
from Bangalore
9 years ago

My first sponsored post was  for USD 50.. Vijay though asked me to quote 50 to 100 USD then, wondered if 100 was high n just quoted 50.

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Smile

Anant Aggarwal
from Faridabad
9 years ago
50 for your first one is great!
Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

That's really great, I hope I'm able to manage the same Smile Cool  

Meghana
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Smile

I never got anything FrownYell

Desire v/s Destiny
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

with time

you will get many more 

Anant Aggarwal
from Faridabad
9 years ago

Takes time NSV. And the sad part is we need to wait for sponsors to come, approaching them turns out to be mostly dead rubber. Keep blogging and you'll start getting sponsored reviews too.

Judy
Judy
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

Read this thread, I am still recovering with VP's 500Money mouth

I haven't yet and it's 2 weeks since he posted it

I have never posted anything sponsored till date..

Sweety Pateliya
Sweety Pateliya
from Nagpur
9 years ago
Do we have to wait for the sponsors to contact us or can we approach them if there is something we really are interested in? I read somewhere it is okay to go to them directly instead of waiting in the hopes of they choosing us. Anyone been there, done that?
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Dunno how to approach sponsors because all big cos have some sort of middlemen to look after the sponsorships who approach you.  Anyways if you have contacts give it a try Smile

Sweety Pateliya
Sweety Pateliya
from Nagpur
9 years ago
If only I had the contacts Vijay:(
Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

I share the same wish Innocent

Desire v/s Destiny
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

exactly

hah! No one's asked me to write anything for them yet.... even for 0$ Frown

Desire v/s Destiny
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

ha ha personal bloggers 

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Never asked for any money... ever.

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

Me poor Indian, hungry Indian, shy of asking money but need money Cry

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Ha! Ha!

We're all in the same boat... but I believe if you're really good, a reasonable amount of money follows. All I meant was: why chase money? :)

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

Money is not flowwing and cant afford to be better Cry... Now what Cry

sneh
from ahmedabad
9 years ago

@Hunky - Join me near the temple. Puchne ki koi zaroorat nahin padegi, bas ek katora leke khada rehne padega.

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

:)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):))

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
9 years ago

@Hunky and Sneh =))=))=))=))

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Instead of standing outside a temple ask @Prabhu :)

Only he can tell you how to sell a post for $500/-

Siddharth Muzumdar
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Yes @VP. We need to know...

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

Subjects are different.. Innocent

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Once you have a tolerable alexa and decent GPR (2-3), advertisers approach you, especially to reviewers, techies, foodies, fashion-bloggers and travelers. Just sit tight and negotiate. I've experienced both the things, i.e. being offered an assignment and offering my service and what I've seen is when you offer your service they hardly respond making you feel cheap about the whole thing. So, toil on your contents and marketing... pretend that you don't care whether they propose you or not........ [Wink]

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

Once you have a tolerable alexa and decent GPR (2-3)

I have none Cry

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Doc da what is tolerable alexa Innocent kindly explain in essay form 

Meghana
Meghana
from Bangalore
9 years ago

@Hunky, I have referred you to a sponsorer, a luxury bike rental company based in Bangalore. They will get in touch with you, chk if u r interested..

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

I would certainly be !! I have some one, a member of our team in B'lore so would be able to take up the matter Cool

Thanks..

Anoop Sudhakaran
Anoop Sudhakaran
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Never be shy to quote your price for the sponsored post. You have earned the privilage by working hard on your Blog and the sponsorers understand this.

Be confident of your quote and present it to them in a professional manner.

I think you should take your blog readership,subscribers and followers seriously when quoting a price instead of your Pagerank or Alexa Rank because you are putting your post in front of readers and not selling a link from your blog.

Another reason to quote high (reasonable) for a sponsored post is because you are attaching your brand with the company and the post stays on your blog forever,for a long time.

Enjoy :)

Desire v/s Destiny
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

I somewhat agree 

Iftekhar Ahmed
Iftekhar Ahmed
from Bhopal
9 years ago
Well it all depends upon your site stats. If you have a good alexa rank (under 30k) you can easily charge upto 200$ per review but if your rank is low it can vary from 10-50$ I usually take reviews for 50-200$ and my recent review went for 100$.
Iftekhar Ahmed
Iftekhar Ahmed
from Bhopal
9 years ago

A must read if you are a blogger. If you don't like this post, then probably you don't like blogging or probably you are into a wrong niche. Complete Guide on Sponsored Reviews and Paid Posts:What are Sponsored Posts/Reviews?When can we start getting advertisers for Sponsored Posts? What stats does the advertisers look for in your blog ?Recommended Stats to get Sponsored reviews3 Most Effective Methods of Getting Sponsored Reviews on your Blog?  How much you Can Earn From A Single Review?Some Important Points to Remember before Getting Started This complete guide took me 3 hours to write and I am sure if you read this thing you will get the A-z knowledge of Sponsored posts and hopefully you will be earning 100$ per post. :) http://www.iftiseo.com/2014/10/complete-guide-on-paid-sponsored-reviews-posts.html

Meghana
Meghana
from Bangalore
9 years ago

One of a leading magazines wants to purchase an article of mine, along with photographs. How much can I quote them and do I need to delete my blog post, if I give them the rights to print? 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

do I need to delete my blog post, if I give them the rights to print?

That depends on the terms of the offer. Confirm it from the magazine people.

Meghana
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Thanks Ranjith, which is better, give permanent rights to the magazine and get paid, or ask them to give a mention of my blog on the article and me still holding the rights to the article?

Amanda mcMahon
Amanda mcMahon
from Thane
9 years ago

I think there are plenty of options and more people giving sponsored posts, but they don't always pay. THAT SUCKS. We need a way to report the email addresses/links that don't pay, don't you think?

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

This is serious if this is happening.

Yes, bloggers are a trusting lot and if there are people unscrupulous enough to cheat them, they (the cheats) have no business to thrive. I think anyone who has had a bad experience with sponsored post can let the other bloggers know of it.

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

delete

Fairy Princess
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
9 years ago

Well, nobody has every approached me for a sponsored post :((:((:((:(( I suck at blogging :((:((:((:((

Don't worry. We are travelling in the same boat

Ekta Khetan
Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Hi, Somebody too recommend me to a sponsors please..I am getting all free requests only :(

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

I think most of the companies try to get their posts published free of cost. I feel this is because they know there are many bloggers and some of them would definitely entertain them. Further, most bloggers don't know how to respond to a sponsors request. I myself learned it by asking and with experience. If most of the "good" blogs will stop giving "free meals" to them then they will automatically start paying. 

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Gaurab if you can help me with that, I will be thankful :)

If you are comfortable, do mail me :)

1-20
21-23
LockSign in to reply to this thread