How are you celebrating your Indian Independence Day?

Viv
Viv
from Sydney
9 years ago

Whatever you do, lets share it  -post your photos and experiences with  on Facebook,twitter or instagram by just tagging #yourindianindependenceday and show you care. 

Replies 1 to 14 of 14 Descending
The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Well, for starters- properly filing and paying my income tax on time. 

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Woo... you reminded me of this. Thanks.

Yes, this still needs to be done. I mean I haven't yet filed my IT return for this year. 

I would be sleeping all day... (:|

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

What will i do on I-day?

Hmmm... listen to the PM's speech and then read all the tweet-analysis that will fly around. :)

Viv
Viv
from Sydney
9 years ago

Ofcourse there isn't no hard and fast rule on how to celebrate the day. But  it is always great if you feel like participating any way you can ,be it taking the day off to relax ,picnic out door or partying it up. I am thinking to  try out some out of the box ideas to celebrate  Indian Independence Day in Australia the Aussie way. -Having Indian flags on your cars on the day -Setting the social media scene by depicting Indian flags on your cover photo and profile.

- Watch on YouTube- 68th Independence Day Celebrations – PM’s address to the Nation - LIVE from the Red Fort-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flWwMxGilAY

-Whatever I  do, I will share  -post  photos and experiences won Facebook,twitter or instagram by just tagging #yourindianindependenceday and let the world we care. 

Bhavana Lalwani
Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
9 years ago

us din chhutti hai .. aaram farmayenge Tongue out 

Talking about Flags.. The whole week after I-Day.. I would see thousands of Tricolor paper, clothing and such lying in dirt.. People will use these to celetrabe and then through away after few days as junk..

Height of patriotism !!

DS
DS
from Mumbai
9 years ago
I will spend the day watching the Sri Lanka vs Pakistan test match. It is Mahela Jayawardene's last match, who is a very special player and the best tactician on the cricket field that I have ever seen.
Viv
Viv
from Sydney
9 years ago

Wishing all a very happy Independence days.While I am in OZ i will love to interact with more Indian community in Oz,participate in various events happening accross Oz for Indian independence day  and will defeinitly  -Watch on YouTube- 68th Independence Day Celebrations – PM’s address to the Nation – LIVE from the Red Fort.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flWwMxGilAY

Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
9 years ago

At home blogging. Not feeling well...

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Flag Hoisting, eating sleeping, eating again and sleeping in that orderTongue out

knitha.urs
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Eat sleep and repeat Tongue out

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Ouch... the day slipped away before I could plan anything........... [Tears]

Siddharth Muzumdar
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Haha Anunoy. Isn't this the bane of life? :D

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

wait for the 69th have patience Cool

Amar Naik
Amar Naik
from Ponda/Bangalore
9 years ago

i am back in school for one year after taking a break from work. This year after flag hoisting we did kite flying for an hour. It was fun

Prasanna Seshadri
Prasanna Seshadri
from Bangalore
9 years ago

I was in London, solving puzzles, on my way to getting India's best rank at a World Puzzle Championship Tongue out My best Independence Day ever.

Viv
from Sydney
9 years ago

Congratulations

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Congratulations, Prasanna Laughing

Viv
Viv
from Sydney
9 years ago

Thanks all for your response..I definity miss celebrating Independence in India.

LockSign in to reply to this thread