Can I have your attention please! (Something important)

Suvin
Suvin
from Ernakulam
9 years ago

Hello guys,

Yes you read the title, it is important thing! It is just, I have a suggestion for you guys!

You must comment on a blog, if that blogger makes a comment on yours. It is just a suggestion though! I always try to follow this, as those BIG social media marketers says it's good for you too!

So, what do you guys think about this?

Replies 1 to 15 of 15 Descending
Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Hmmm it is good thing to do unless you get comments like- "Your contents are very well organized. I'm bookmarking your website. Visit mine at bla bla bla" under your photo blog post [Sigh]

Suvin
from Ernakulam
9 years ago

I know, they are spam. Use word verification or something against it :) "Blogger" platform can automatically remove them.

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

I prefer "moderate all comments before posting" option so that I can check each and every comment before they're live [Smile]

Suvin
from Ernakulam
9 years ago

I don't moderate all comments because I can't always check them regularly. Some people get panicked when their comments don't get published then itself. I used to get same comment multiple times.  So I changed from moderate all. And I would never leave a comment unattended. I try to give them a reply ASAP!

Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
9 years ago

I too recvd this ype of comments and mainly they goes direct to the spam folder .. 

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Well... a good suggestion. :)

Suvin
from Ernakulam
9 years ago

Thank you!

I comment so much, but really don't get much comments on my blog! That's what made me to create this post!

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Suvin, but how can you make others comment just by this thread? [Utterly confused]

Suvin
from Ernakulam
9 years ago

I don't know, really :\

Let's just comment and hope so! That is the best we can do, right?

I comment where it is needed to comment.. B-)

Suvin
from Ernakulam
9 years ago

That is good!

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Suvin too much is to bad Undecided  Commenting on intensedebate helps for backlinks but Google is strict on spammy comments so better to stay away unless you like the blog or the article and would enhance it by deliberating your point.

Suvin
from Ernakulam
9 years ago

I never said to leave spammy comments. Only give genuine feedback on posts :)

Suvin
Suvin
from Ernakulam
9 years ago

If you don't have anything to say about the post, you can say about his design or something. And share some suggestion to that blogger.

Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
9 years ago

this commenting thingy is some sort of individual choice .. some ppl dnt bother to comment at all, whereas some do and some others dnt give it much importance .. so let it be .. 

Suvin
from Ernakulam
9 years ago

I just shared a suggestion. So do you comment on blogs?

Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
9 years ago

yes I do.. whenever it is possible and if I liked the content then it  will reflect it in my words.. but as I alreday said there are many bloggers who wont bother to responde back and at the same time there are some fellow bloggers who will sure come back and encourage you or give their genuine feedback.. 

Suvin
from Ernakulam
9 years ago

@Bhavana Thanks for adding me! And nice template you've got! Beautiful :)

I only read tech blogs(that is my topic) and I would comment and share every post which is informative :)

I also have made many friends this way too!

Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
9 years ago

thanks Suvin .. wat to say more, I dnt read tech blogs coz I dnt understand this java, HTML htings .. so yes it may possible that many ppl who visit your blog, vote for the post still cnt comment coz they dnt hv knowledge/understanding about the work you have done ..Innocent

Suvin
Suvin
from Ernakulam
9 years ago

Technology is not only about java and HTML!!!

I write about computers(softwares and tricks stuff). When I write I try to suit people of all levels. Nobody would ever have to leave by understanding nothing. I write for the common people. Have a look at my blog and tell me!

Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
9 years ago

ok, will sure go through yr blog .. i too neeed to increase my knowledge abt computers, maybe yr blog can help... see u in evening .. as m leaving now .. tata Smile

Deep Majumder
Deep Majumder
from Siliguri
9 years ago

A loyal follower is more than 100 rubbish commentors. We shouldn't worry about who isn't reciprocating our comment or likes, rather focus on building loyal network.

Suvin
from Ernakulam
9 years ago

You are right!

Subroto
Subroto
from Brisbane
9 years ago

Ah! 'Comment love'!  I always respond to comments and make the effort to leave a comment on the other blogger's blog.  But then I get a fairly small number of comments so it is easy to respond.

Suvin
from Ernakulam
9 years ago

I have less comments too ;)

Suvin
Suvin
from Ernakulam
9 years ago

I don't comment on poetry type blogs because, I'm not really interested in that stuff(Too lazy to read). But I do follow them bloggers and support them in all ways possible :)

You were asking Bhavana to visit your blog even though she stated she had no interest in techie things. Yet you yourself are not willing to other people's blogs stating your lack of interest.

Isn't that narrowing the range of people you can have a conversation with?

Suvin
from Ernakulam
9 years ago

BTW I read one of her stories bro!

You know people do change ;)

All righty then!

1. If someone comments on my blog, I will reply. In some cases, this turns into a conversation, which is fantastic.

2. If I go visit a blog, I will

(a) actually read a post or two

(b) look for an About page and read that

(c) if a post makes senseto me or otherwise causes a reaction, I will leave a meaningful comment, letting them know I came by, I actually read and was moved enough to offer a commnet.

(d) if I can't really find a post that moved me in any way, I will leave a comment on the About page. NOT "Nice blog!", but something meaningful and appropriate.

(e) if the blog is patherically poor, so poor that I can leave nothing but "What a piece of crap!" comment. I will, instead, slink quietly away.

Over the course of the last nearly 2 years, I have 2-3 regular visitors and commenters and I value them a lot. I cannot understand people who read but can't be bothered to comment because to me, the reason I read is is to be moved, touched in some way. I'm not looking for spammy 'what a great site. I havent really bothered to read it, but I figure if I leave a vague comment you'll come over and visit my blog' type of comment.

I want a conversation.

Suvin, I went over and looked for an About page and found one. Comments are not enabled on it. I think allowing people to comment on an About page can increase engagement, especially if you write a striking About narrative.

I did comment on one post.

Suvin
from Ernakulam
9 years ago

I took your suggestion and enabled comments on it :)

Suvin
Suvin
from Ernakulam
9 years ago

I feel like I've made a big mistake by posting this! But some people do think this is a good thing to reciprocate comments.

I want to say that, honestly this wasn't my idea. Some social marketer on the internet suggested this idea. Don't blame me for that. If you don't like it: I'm cool :)

I take back what I said about the poetry blogs. I will read em too!

@Ajesh Sharma     And yours too :)

Bhavana Lalwani
Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
9 years ago

the crux is that u cnt force ppl to comment.. its more or less a kind of courtesy ... some care about and whereas someothers dont ...  to be honest, if we start monitoring the things like he/she has commented one of my post so now I have to resiprocate.. if they had commented on two then I should also do that .. then we won't reach anywhere.. everyone wants readers, feedback etc. but not all are lucky enough to get them.

there are some bloggers (both in hindi and english) who take their readers for granted .. yes its true, they are self claimed great bloggers, they wont bother to visit your blog ever and let apart reading or commenting. I could be wrong, but this is what the experience speaks.

so better concentrate on regular readers and followers coz they maybe few but they will sure resiprocate or give their genuine feedback. 

and lastly, do hell with this comment thing.. jisko comment karna hoga wo apne aap hi kar dega otherwise time waste karne se koi fayda nahi.. 

Suvin
from Ernakulam
9 years ago

Agree :D

Suvin
Suvin
from Ernakulam
9 years ago

Guys, never comment if you don't want :(

I didn't think much about this ;)

Suvin
Suvin
from Ernakulam
9 years ago

Here's the conclusion: Commenting on a blog is completely your choice! I am not forcing anyone to reciprocate. Atleast you can contact them and thank them. Because I don't want to leave spammy comments on poetry blogs because I should reciprocate. I am not a person to comment on peotry. I'm really bad at this. Instead I would promote them on Twitter for sure.

LockSign in to reply to this thread