TIPs for IndiBlogger Newbies...

The Experienced Member Bloggers appear on the home Page of IndiBlogger and are ranked high.

Are You New to IndiBlogger...?

Don't Worry...!

You can reach the top of the Page with these simple tips:

1. Be Regular to IndiBlogger as frequently as possible.

2. Don't forget to 'Add your Posts' to IndiVine when ever you have created a new Post.

3. Don't forget to visit and promote your favorite posts and the blogs of persons in your network.

4. Search and make friendship with like-minded bloggers. Most Online friends extend their mutual support and only some are selfish and expect others help always...!

Happy Blogging and Have Success...!

Edited 9 years ago
Reason: forgot to add a point
Replies 1 to 11 of 11 Descending

Thanks for the tips... But no one reads my blog Cry

You say that 1000 times a day Tongue out Wherever u can and whenever u can Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

nsv +999999999999999999999999999999999999 Money mouth

You please read others blogs. I have added you in my network some days ago, but you have not reciprocated it. The more we give, the more we get. Best wishes....!

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

@Skaria... You're right. :)

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

Which network ??

@NSV and @Rajni..

What is wrong if a blogger is looking for visitor ?? Innocent

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

IndiNetwork - http://www.indiblogger.in/mynetwork.php You don't know about it? Surprised

Hunk You have enough visitors. If you cry for more visitors, HostGator will suspend your account. Tongue out

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

Sorry Rajni, I dont use that much so not aware of it Tongue out though I know I guess

But regarding visitors, why people over estimate my small blog, which has a very little foot fall Innocent

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Hunky Very very few bloggers on Ib receive 50k visitors per day. Innocent

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

hunky gets 50k visitors per day? Surprised and still keeps yawning like poor hungry indian? Surprised then what are we?Surprised

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Hunky you can opt for modeling... you can take the role of a crying baby in a diaper [Wink]... may be... what do you think about it?

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

at wits' end

I am the victim of propaganda 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Tongue out

Bhavana Lalwani
Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
9 years ago

till date i have voted visited commneted on many blogs and only a few of them bothered to resiprocate.. and now m fed up .. do hell with this voting and being on home page thing..  Cool 

Don't be discouraged.

The fruit of all our good efforts will come to us one day.

Keep on doing good...!!!!!!!!!Smile

Desire v/s Destiny
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

BL :) Chill maro 

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Well, reading a post wanting the favour to be returned is like showing the worldyour vulnerable side. You are bound to get hurt.

It is a much better idea to reach out, read, comment, and tell yourself, 'There is so much that i have learned today.' You'll end up far more happier and far more full of newer ideas for great posts. So far as people coming to your blog to read and/or comment is concerned... well, they do tend to come sooner or later. But remember... Confucius said: 'When the student is ready, the teacher shall appear!' Apply this to blog writers and blog readers and you'll know what I mean.

Desire v/s Destiny
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

Agreed @AP.!

It took me about an year to get featured in the home page, that too after rigorous, vociferous, desperate SSP. so keep working on it with a dogmatic determination and you would see ur efforts fruitful in a year.

PS: Write more posts for Indispire as they stay on homepage and have greater visibility

Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
9 years ago

DVD .. send some breezer for chilling 

NSV.. I dnt write for indispire.. they are hell hell boring.. most of the time, it seems like the topic proposer was more in a mood of preaching while posting the idea.. and some times, they are like ... uhhh have no words.. and I hate biased topics.

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

How important is it to get featured on IndiBlogger home page? If it is really that much important, why is it so?

Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
9 years ago

CK.. lets  do research on this theme ..Cool

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Tongue out Bhavana, please start the research, and please don't forget to add my name in the final thesis.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

It is important if one of the reasons you blog is popularity, else it isn't. 113.gif

Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
9 years ago

Ranjith .. katti .. Sealed

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

You can still write a thesis on the topic Money mouth

Tessy
Tessy
from India
9 years ago

I am NEW to IndiBlogger.

I request the support and network of Valuable bloggers.

I welcome fellow Bloggers to add me in their circles and visit my blog posts.

Thank you everybody....!

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Welcome on board Tessy... I'm sure you'll love grazing here [Thumbs up]

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Hi Skaria,

I agree to your first point.

For No. 2, well, unless you choose 10-15 bloggers of your niche or liking in your network, can you really read all of them once you go for 'bulk business' of adding 100+ bloggers in your network? If you're simply talking of liking/promoting all posts from your network serially then you'll surely do yourself a favor and in few days "You can reach the top of the Page"... but ultimately what's the benefit?

Yes, not just linking.... but as many as possible seriously...!

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

"as many as possible seriously...!" - that means you're really keen on adding and liking posts in bulk... so, even if a major/minor fraction of them return you that favor are you earning any reader actually....or even visitors to click your ads?? Sigh... I seriously see no point in it as yet.

I think people like us (If u are not, surely I) join blogger communities like IndiBlogger.in to get more friends and visitors and thus promote our blogs.

I think when more people visit our posts, they rank high on Search engines like Google and naturally get more visitors. 

The dream and wish of every blog / website owner is to rank high on search engines like Google 'on the top of the home / first page'.

I think, There is nothing wrong / unlwaful in that.

Ofcourse I am not an authority in this subject matter. 

Thank You and wish u all the very best...

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

I disagree with the first sentence itself. Being featured on the homepage, and being ranked high are both different things, and experience (be it in blogging or IndiBlogger), has nothing to do with any of these.

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

And if you.went out and voted religiously for someone, and he or she didn't return the favour, IMO, it's not selfishness. It can be understood that that blogger couldn't connect with your content. And selfish is not the right word to describe someone who didn't ask you for a favour in the first place.

IndiVine should be treated as a way to read and be read, not blindly voting and promoting, expecting to get the favour back.

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

It's good you scrutinized the word 'selfishness' used here... I too got an irresistible urge to do so but refrained myself from doing considering our blogger friend to be a newcomer in the forum.

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Btw, IV is nothing but a cornetto zone... I know you'll get me Ajeet [wink]

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

IV = indi vacation Innocent

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

[resuming] day dreaming

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Someone says intravenous, somebody else indivacation....!!!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

indivacationday dreaming

CyberKID ++

Read what interests you. Comment without expectation. If you are genuine you will get genuine readers. Do you really want a bunch of "Likers" who did not even bother to read? I mean why should I value those likes? They did not read what I had to say. They offered no conversation. They were obviously expecting a favour in return. There are some regular readers who do sometimes only like. Then I know that they came and read, but did not feel they could add to the conversation but did like the content. But these are regular visitors with whom I have had many conversations.

I'm talking about people who never have a conversation. They are simply looking for traffic at any costs. 9/10 their blogs are so full of ads that you'll be hardpressed to find any content at all. If you do it'll be some generic rubbish, with no creativity, no style, no orginality.

My advice: don't be one of them. Write. Write a lot. Then write some more. Read. Read a lot. The read some more. Go find blogs you like, engage with the blogger. Have a conversation.

Do you really want a bunch of "Likers" who did not even bother to read?

day dreaming

I wish if i could...

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Then do some hard work 104.gif

When we like others posts / works , naturally they will start liking us.

When we visit others blogs, many will reciprocate and become our regular visitors / promoters...!

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Why must a blogger be so 'like'-smitten? I think bloggers need to just focus on their writing and leave the rest to the fate of readers. :)

If you happen to be a good writer, those who do not reach your blog and read are actually losers... or vice versa.

Siddharth Muzumdar
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Very true AP. I guess this is the gist of blogging.. :)

Right, but .... All bloggers may not be blogging for the pleasure of expressing their thoughts.....

I think Most bloggers are doing it to get more visitors ... and thus increase their business/revenue...!!!

Many members are forgetting or negletting to add their posts on IndiVine. 

Some members are not taking time to visit / read / promote others posts and thus they get very less visitors.

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago
  • But i dont rely on IndiVine to obtain visitor
  • Secondly, I am the worst here when it comes to writting skills, my articles at many times, are full of many errors too

So being shy and since I don't rely on indivine for visitors, so i dont submit the posts in IndiVine..

Also, no one where is interested in my subject so no point of post Tongue out

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

And I stay away from IndiVine on purpose. IndiVine, as I have grown to understand it, is being used more for backscratching than healthy promotion. I always noticed patterns that the day I voted for people's posts, I used to get votes for my latest posts, on that day, and maybe, on the following days as well. So, I looked for patterns to promote other's blogs on IndiVine, and used to follow it. The pattern I used to follow was that I usually publish a new post on my blog on a saturday or sunday. So, I kept the days of mid week, i.e. tuesday to thrisday for my IndiVine promotion activity. But, again, I grew hopeless about the IndiVine posting, as when I used to vote for others, others voted for me, and when I didn't my posts lied somewhere unseen unheard of. So, I stopped activity on IndiVine, though, I still go on and vote for people's posts, occasionally, but have stopped posting on IndiVine for some months now. There's no doubt that you get traffic from IndiVine activity, but then what's the point when most people are interested in just clicking and voting, not reading your post?

Desire v/s Destiny
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

CK this is already known , But Any Publicity is Good Publicity Right?

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Listen, if there are people who are not adding posts on Indivine, it doesn't mean they're not blogging. I don't add posts very often... I mean, I have these spurts when I come along for a week and add the allowed number of posts written in, say, the past month or so.

Frankly, I don't think 'likes' on Indivine are relevant. I add posts with the hope that some new bloggers will read the title and reach out to READ the post. Even if a small fraction does, it makes me happy.

Because of this one reason, I do tend to come once in a while and upload posts here.

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

Some members are not taking time to visit / read / promote others posts and thus they get very less visitors.

By the way, if you need information, do you search indivine or you Google ??

Hello, Someone Please explain how the IndiRank is calculated by the IndiBlogger moderators....?

It will be useful for the new comers and people like me.

Thanks....

Siddharth Muzumdar
from Mumbai
9 years ago

I don't think it is calculated by humans as such. There is an algorithm in place to do that AFAIK. In any case, IB moderators don't sit around to calculate ranks of over 35k bloggers.

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

Please refer here for explanation of your questions 

https://www.indiblogger.in/forum/topic.php?id=19536

Thanks to both of you.

LockSign in to reply to this thread