Comment feature

It would be nice to have a comment feature, so you could thank the folks who votedfor your post. This would drive a conversation, hopefully, and increase interaction among bloggers.

Replies 1 to 12 of 12 Descending

Forum is not enough ?? :-/

No. I'm talking about the Indivine posts. I'd like to have a conversation with the readers. The forum is too generic.

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Chill Sharmaji... most of the votes in Indivine are from voters, not readers.... so what would you talk with them...? [wink]

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

+1

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

+99 Cool

You back with a bang brodaSmile

And I do have a problem with that. What the heck do the votes mean? I see some posts that have over a 100 votes in less than a day. When I read the post, it is some rubbish. So obviously, I have it all wrong. Build a network to get votes not readers. Silly me!! Laughing

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Is it that suddenly you got my point, which is the reality.... or are you making fun of me Ajesh? [grin]

I got your point. I still think IB is promoting this vote thing and doing this platform an injustice. A feature to comment on IV posts would go a long way to create "real" engagement. What if they killed this stupid, meaningless vote thing and brought that feature in. What are the serial likers going to do? They'll have to think of something to say, the poor things.

"Nice Post!" will become the new Like.. Smile

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

I think, a lot of people would prefer that happening on their blog's comment boxes, not on IndiVine.

Yes obviously, that is absolutely true. But we could get a better sense of a blogs popularity that way.

On the other hand, I don't think I can count on the "voters"  to comment anywhere, anyway. So this may be a feature whose time has not come..

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

The option of adding comments to link submissions on IndiBlogger has been tried for IndiStuff contests. But it wasn't a success. Each IndiStuff contest has received just 2-3 comments for 100+ entries. That makes it less than 0.02 comments per post.

So, I don't think that adding the comment feature would be useful. Undecided

Moreover, if it is implemented and becomes a success, the blogs would be loosing the comments. (People won't be commenting at both the places - IndiVine and blog) Undecided

Laughing

Yes - I've already figured it wasn't a workable, practical feature.

Interesting - those figures you quoted. Clearly, everyone's a blogger. No one's a reader.

Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

I see some posts that have over a 100 votes in less than a day. When I read the post, it is some rubbish.

I take offense to that statement on behalf of all my fellow bloggers. There could be a post that you don't like and which is not of your taste but you could hardly call it rubbish. People have their choices, if people like a picture of sunset better than an article, you can't say that the post was rubbish. It's their choice.

Secondly, there has been many threads about the voting pattern and voting system please read them and don't comment without understanding.

The bloggers who are constantly on the home page work hard for that and I don't think anyone has the right to judge anyone else. If you don't like the system don't use it. Don't add anybody to your network.

I hardly give votes to any post if I don't like it even if the person may have voted for me many times and will vote a post I like even if he is not in my network.There are many bloggers like me. The system is fine.

I don't think I was questioning the system. I did question the bloggers who look for votes at the expense of content. Obviously, there are good bloggers and bad bloggers and clearly the "rubbish" comment did not apply to everyone. I have no problem with anyone judging my work. It's on display in a public forum....

I agree with you. If you don't like or it is not to your taste leave quietly. I've done a lot of it, recently, though.

I'm sure everyone works hard. The question is what are they working hard at? Content or votes? I feel you have missed the point I was trying to make.

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

@Ajesh - I will again tell you the same thing this discussion has taken place in this forum like million times. Just search the forum and you will find many such threads. Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Content or votes?

Everyone are free to work hard for whatever they want - be it content, votes or readers. It is their choice.

If you say that comments, interaction are superior than votes, someone might say 'Personal Satisfaction is the reason why one starts blogging. Why run behind readers / interaction?' Tongue out

Yes, you've been here longer than I so I'll take your word for it. Let's give up this discussion. I don't think it is going to serve any purpose and I'm already bored. So maybe I'll go away and write some more.

Sorry for wasting all your time, folks. You can safely ignore this thread now. Smile

I dont participate in that section.. So doesn't matter much..

(:|

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Participate Hunky. It might help you stop saying 'I don't get any visitors' 114.gif

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Tongue out

LockSign in to reply to this thread