To say or not to say

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Yes, that's what I've been asking myself... 'To say or not to say!'

And then I go ahead and say it... and have been winning a lot of unfriendly jibes from many. Yet I'm convinced that it is only right to say it. I say (actually, write) things with an intent to put perspectives back on the right path... and questions are acceptable. However, people need to realise that even questions sometimes need to be questioned... and this goes on until we reach a solution.

In this thread let us express all that we think can be said... and all those things that must not be said. And what I mean is, said (or actually, written) on this form or IndiTalk or as comments on other blogs.

Obviously, there will be people questioning what you might say... but you have the right to answer that with a tougher question, if that is how you wish to answer. So let this thread be an 'akhara' or a wrestling pit... :)

Edited 9 years ago
Reason: Changing category... as under the earlier category, the thread wasn't visible.
Replies 1 to 11 of 11 Descending

It went over my head time out

at wits' end

What does this mean ?? I dont read too many books:(, so little weak with language and its technique so some one please simplify this thinking

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

I dont read too many books

It means that you don't read IB forum threads properly.

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

Perhaps I dont Innocent.. I am not the forum hero after all Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Tongue out

I think I too missed the point of this thread Innocent

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

I understand the purpose of this thread. Sealed

If what you are saying indicates that something someone is doing is wrong, then it is better not to say it because it in no way affects you, right and wrong are subjective and you have no right to judge other people and their actions.

Of course, I too shouldn't be saying that what you are saying is wrong going by the above sentence. Foot in mouth

Tongue out

I think I too missed the point of this thread Innocent

I understand the purpose of this thread. Sealed

How can u understand the purpose when u missed the point?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

First I posted this reply and then after reading some other thread, I posted the reply to your comment above. Tongue out

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

There is always the possibility of bug.. So better to hit the debug button.. Innocent

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

thinking

@AP

Has it anything to do with this thread ??

https://www.indiblogger.in/forum/topic.php?id=19143

Desire v/s Destiny
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

May be ! but nothing wrong in that 

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

You know guys... the text that I've written may appear confusing but it isn't. All I'm saying is that we mention here things that we have read in forum threads that should not have been said. And also mention the right way to express, if someone has done that.

For example, do we really need to call someone 'headless'... I mean, it makes no sense because no one is, in reality, headless. :)

Now, the relevance of this thread is that all such expressions would tend to filter down in this thread and this would become like a boxing ring where people come and defend what they've said. This helps other threads to remain focused on their task than going on a tangent and discuss something that has no relevance to the thread.

Let this thread have all such irrelevant bickerings and icy banter, so to say. :)

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

so...basically this is a personal venting space? even for things that are supposed to be said for the public???

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

The aim is to tell people to come here and fight. let other meaningful threads remain meaningful. :)

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

so you should change the thread title to ----Indi-fight threadLaughingCool else its confusing

People will react the way they will and nothing can be done about it. And people will try to promote their blogs, especially if traffic drives money into their pockets. Some do it subtly and some are pretty obvious.(I think that's where this thing originated)

We can't create a new thread everytime there is some controversy in a thread, just to cater to that fight (normally between one blogger on the one hand and one or more on the other).  That would not work nost of the time, I do think.

I know, I like to have the LastWord, but sometimes, ignoring the morons and walking away is a better option.

Desire v/s Destiny
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

No body is a Moron,People are just ignorant or are new to the things.

How they react and how we take their reactions makes the situation diffrent in our heads,

NO I am not defending anyone , Nor I am supporting anyone as well.

The thing is If 5 people know something is right and they are telling a newbee in such a way that it looks like bullying Then I guess we should mend our ways.

On the other hand if those 5 people are still saying it polietly and the newbee is not getting that then I guess Its still not worth the fight.

We all get carried away one time or the other , But life is not about getting stuck on that carried away moments.Life is Moving on , Even If we have questions.

Because Sometimes questions are worth unanswered !!!

There are morons in this world, so I don't believe that "no body is a moron". The question is, who judges and by what yardstick?

I have a tendency to provoke discussion simply because I like to debate things from both sides.

In your example: if the person is not getting the hint even after repeated and direct feedback, what does that make the noob? A fool or a wise man? As someone who is unable to follow rules myself simply because everyone tells me it's been done that way for years, I can tell you that I made a fair living over the years by going my way and ignoring what others say.

The point is: starting a new thread just to continue a fight seems counterproductive. The answer ? You have a blog, for god's sake! AND a way with words. Use that medium and your talent to have your say! You are in charge there!

Desire v/s Destiny
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

Well I agree to your points , IF would not have chosen a thread for that purpose only.But yeah sometimes Ignorance is Bliss ! Now take it literally or not is up to you.

sneh
sneh
from ahmedabad
9 years ago

@AP

Dont get your panties in a bunch if you are in such a dilemma to speak out your mind.

And in regards to perspective, each have their own. Nothing is ever in Black or white. Perspective is like the flow of water which changes with impact of facts, or rocks to the water.

So I believe it is incorrect when you say that you want to put perspectives in the right track. For, 5+4=9, does not mean that 7+2 not equal to 9. Thats the wonderful thing about perspective, each can have their own and each may be correct in their own right.

I will however, definately agree with your point, that questions should be further questioned because that is how a system ip put in place. As science states , nothing is ever true, things can only be disapproved, and nothing can be approved. And this has been so from the time when plato had his great debates to modern times.

So while valid may be raised, they ought to be actioned by moderators according to rules of board, however that does not mean that the rules are always correct.

Meanwhile I also have a bone of contention to pick, I once posted a link to my blog here, because I needed help on a freelance interview assignment that I ddid for the first time. It was removed. People asking for guest posts here with links to their pages are breaking rules, if activity of such nature are correct, then I advise rules ought ot be changes for posting board.

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

You're right.

Putting perspectives on the right track was not written for the issues that people fight on... it was to emphasise the fact that fights and diversive discussions must not disturb the focus of a thread and that they should be taken on a thread like this one. Come here and continue your fight. :) Let the perspective of a thread not be overwhelmed by discussions that have no connection to the theme of that thread.

Thank you for your perspective though... loved the logical insistence there. :)

sneh
sneh
from ahmedabad
9 years ago

@AP

You go ahead negotiator. Though if you are looking for a tussle with words, I suggest you to go somewhere else other than indiblogger lest you be interested in mere monologues.

Sure adherence to rules and subject matter at hand may make thread discussion civilized, without indecency and perhaps by god grace, may even result in discussion of the core of thread, but where is the fun in that. Sit back, relax and grab a bag of pop corn and let people deviate, debate with affectation at best. Makes life easy and keeps BP low ;p

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

Sit back, relax and grab a bag of pop corn and let people deviate, debate with affectation at best. 

i do exactly that --- the popcorn bitLaughingTongue outCool

Desire v/s Destiny
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

Exactly !! yeah the pop corn bit !

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Hmmm... I know so little about you, Nandini. :)

LockSign in to reply to this thread