Bit of a general topic query: Organizing a school event

Prasanna Seshadri
Prasanna Seshadri
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Hey everyone,

Your friendly neighbourhood puzzlebot here. Basically, in 2015, China will be hosting a Junior World Sudoku Championship, and we are planning a nationwide school event to select an Indian team for the same.

What's that got to do with blogging? Well, my blog's a puzzle blog, and the Indian Puzzle community's base is mainly online, so I figure we should post about our happenings on online networks too.

Now my simple need is, to get in touch with the decision makers in schools (schools that can serve as big venues too, preferrably) and talk to them about our plan and get to know if they are suitable and interested in being associated with us. The event is to be held only in Mumbai, Kolkata, Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad for now, mainly because the Indian group has people in those cities. 

So if you're a teacher in a school in one of the above cities and can help me present our case to the school's decision makers, please let me know.

Replies 1 to 1 of 1 Descending
CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

I think I can help you out getting in touch with some schools, atleast in Delhi NCR region. Will it be possible for you to share some details about the events - brochures, posters, etc, and requirements, fees payable, if any? If yes, I can send you my mail ID, or if there is some website for this, you can point me out to that.Smile It'll be a good experience for the schools and the students as well. I hope you people have planned out the details of conducting the event, as most schools/students are busy with their mid-term examinations for now, and in a couple of days, most of the schools will be closing for the Dussehra break.

Prasanna Seshadri
from Bangalore
9 years ago

CK - Yes we have a plan. Drop me a mail at prasanna16391@gmail.com, I'll share more details with you. Delhi's a good place to reach because we just have one active person there.

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Great, then sending a mail from my official email ID. Anyways, this is something, I find interesting, I'll have to float the idea to the schools to let them understand the situation and consider participating in the event.

Prasanna Seshadri
from Bangalore
9 years ago

I think its a good plan to build from the youth stages itself. Sent you a mail.

LockSign in to reply to this thread