Welcome! Please read this if it's your first time
IndiBloggers! Now that we finally have our discussion forum for Indian bloggers up and running, here's what you need to know:
- Flaming is not allowed. If you're unfamiliar with the term, please note that we are not talking about lighting yourself on fire. For a definition of what flaming is, go here.
- Please respect other bloggers on the forum, keeping in mind that they have a right to an opinion as much as you do.
- This forum is aimed at a general audience. Posting pornographic or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will be frowned upon, and we may tell your mother about you.
- No advertising, and no spamming. Of course, you may promote your own blog, but only in the "Review My Blog" category. Please don't promote your own products and services unless it's relevant to Indian bloggers. For example - you may promote a widget that you developed, but you will not be allowed to promote styling gel, no matter how good it makes you look.
- We request all bloggers with experience to patiently help newbies in the "Blogging Beginners" category.
- Since we've seen many forums with features that users don't need or don't understand, we have launched this forum in a barebones format. We'll add features as and when the need is felt - so please send in suggestions and bug fixes!
- Please refrain from any obscene dance movements on this forum, as our server is easily distracted.
Enjoy, and remember - we love feedback!
Replies 1 to 20 of 121
great to see the much awaited forum (:
Merry Christmas !!
I really hope this forum takes off. This was sorely required by serious bloggers. I would request all not to just leave their blog id. That we can see by clicking on your names of your reply. Please add value. I can tell you that people would visit your site more often on the basis of your contribution to this forum.
For example, in this thread I have visited Leon but not the others.
Let us make this a success.
happy Christmas happy day
every moment glad & gay
lots of luck & lasting cheer
followed by abright New year.
sanjivsalil.blogspot.com / sanjivsalil.blog.co.in
Already our Dhaka friend has started posting useless material in reply to this post.
It is better if all the replies can be moderated for some time and offer entry only to those who are genuine in their postings.
you may promote your own blog, but only in the "Review My Blog" category
This also needs to be monitored closely. otherwise each one would like to start a thread for his /her blog :(
I do agree with Kabeeranban about Mr. Dhaka.
Anyways this very gr8 initiative taken by indiblogger.in
Gr8. Keep it up.
renie, i can already see spamming of the forum with the first 2-3 links. ;)
@Kabeeranban - Our Dhaka friend's links have been removed and he will be warned. :-) Will be putting in a couple of updates today to deter this kind of thing - we need to maintain a bit of class on this forum.
@Vineet - working on it, buddy!
- Merry Christmas, everyone!
@Kabeeranban - I like your idea. Also - perhaps users can only post topics after they have posted at least 3 replies to other's topics? Sort of a "prove you're willing to help others before you ask for help" kind of thing?
good ... this should make the site more interactive :) all the best guys
Nice to See the IndiBlogger Forum...
I hope this initiative would help newbie bloggers a lot ...
Thanks IndiBlogger and Team
This forum could prove to be a good Christmas gift, Renie.
Merry holidays guys!!
It is like the Christmas Gift for me.
All of you - thank you, we're super-happy with the response! You've made all the work we put into this more than worth it!
A couple of updates - now you get email alerts whenever someone replies to a thread you post. (You can also unsubscribe from that thread)
And for you chaps who have participated so much - we've put up a list of the most active bloggers (in terms of replies) on the home page
Great Move renie - All the best with Forum
Awesome to see a forum on IndiBlogger guys. This was much waited for. Do keep it abreast with more content and support from us.
This is a great idea! Thanks, Team Indiblogger.
@Suneel, Shanker & Naveen - thanks!
@Naveen - how's the book selling?
First timer :)...nice to put the forum and thnks for everything :)
@Hemanth - a warm welcome to you!