Where can I find gadget images to use in my blog?

Niladri Chatterjee
Niladri Chatterjee
from Kolkata
9 years ago

Okay I might sound dumb. But I'm looking forward to write a gadget review. And I'm stuck. The problem is, where can I find a pic for a gadget, say Moto E, which I can use in my blog (with or without credit). For normal posts, I used to use Pixabay, FreeDigitalPhotos etc. websites. But there I can't find any images of the particular gadget I'm looking for. Can I use the images I found on there official website? Thanks in advance. :)

P.S. I don't wanna use the iFrame verision of Getty Images, that's too cluttery.

Replies 1 to 7 of 7 Descending

But I'm looking forward to write a gadget review

Since you are reviewing the device, click your own picture.. I am sure you can borrow a camera from a friend !!

Can I use the images I found on there official website?

Mostly yes, generally they do release picture for media publication !!

Niladri Chatterjee
from Kolkata
9 years ago

I'm not kind of a great photographer. So l've gotta rely on the media publication option. Anyway thanks a lot.

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Type Moto E or xyz and use the images from mobile review sites, they are normaly public use.  Dont use the images from Getty images or from posts making tutorials they are copyrighted and you may get a lawyers notice Undecided

Niladri Chatterjee
from Kolkata
9 years ago

So can I use gsmarena or phonearena's images?

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Yes if they are not watermarked and used only in reviews

Niladri Chatterjee
from Kolkata
9 years ago
Okay.. Thanks :)

Getty images are now free, well, most of of them are now. They got tired of people using them anyway so they just made them free. Check out to make sure.

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Now this is an interesting factoid... must check this out soon.

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

It is best to shoot your own image... but then not everyone has a good camera and not everyone may have great photographic instincts. In the case of borrowing images from the net, giving credit is not the only step. One needs to get an affirmation from the image creator which is a tedious thing to do, especially if you are writing reviews at a good frequency and are forced to wait for replies.

Well, if you have monetised your blog and are earning, it is only right to buy them from sites thats sell them. The rates or pricing for images that can be used by multiple users is far less than you can imagine... and if the licence is to use it only for use on a blog where direct selling isn't involved, you can own the image rights for much less.

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

A reviewer who doesn't use his own shots? Strange and suspicious! You can't just use anyone's images even if they're not watermarked. Since you're getting into reviews and since you have the actual product (assuming you really do), make an effort to take the images. When I started with reviews, I used a 4k walla canon camera. It was tough getting shots of smaller IC controllers and chipsets, but I learnt how to take from an angle, etc. In other words- make an effort now rather than deciding to make an effort later. You can take product shots from official site- or ask the PR that sends you the sample. But honestly if you do that, you're shooting yourself on your own foot. Its very limited and having your own pics helps to establish that you had the actual product in your hand. A reviewer who doesn't take product shots doesn't sound right at all, even if he or she is crappy (how can product shots be crappy? Quality is something that gets better with experience).  Besides, this is what so-called reviewers who write without the product in hand but convert specs and features list in paragraph form, using multiple sites as reference do. Its not a good sign, and makes a bad impression.  Establishing legitimate content is important for new-time reviewers. One of the ways is having your own product shots. 

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

I used a 4k walla canon camera

I still use 4k walla canon camera for my website images Cry.. Yes, they are no where close to as professional looking as my competitors but they are mine.. Poor and hungry Indian can only manage that Innocent

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

... and I am poorer and hungrier than Hunky. I don't even have a 4k camera. I use my mobile's camera Undecided

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

The point is- take your own pics even if they suck. But when you're earning from your site, a better camera purchase should be on the list. 

I use my mobile's camera

Which is way to costly than my poor and hunry indian camera Cry

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

It is a 6k Rs mobile. Undecided far far cheaper than your phone and mobile price combined Cry

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

But where in your blog, you have posted an images taken with that 6k camera ?? Beside with cr/yr package, why sticking with that :-/

HR
HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

It is better to use the image of gadget from official website and the next option is self click on gadget in any nearest showroom.

LockSign in to reply to this thread