How much One can Earn through Freelance Content Writing ?

D Gowardhan
D Gowardhan
from Raigarh
9 years ago

Freelance Content Wrting is a One profession which many of the creative writers choose, But is it worth while in India, And how to go about it. Any ideas, you may please share. 

Replies 1 to 14 of 14 Descending
Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

There are plenty of such opportunities in india as well... though they don't come without the usual inclusion of cons and swindlers. Therefore, a free-lancer needs to be very careful.

D Gowardhan
D Gowardhan
from Raigarh
9 years ago

nice to know your insights sir, As i am running a website guestriters.in , I am interested to know the freelance writing scenario in India. 

Sweety Pateliya
Sweety Pateliya
from Nagpur
9 years ago
Most of the clients are from out of India and they prefer native English writers. But a strong portfolio can get the ball rolling in your court. I am a freelance writer and I can tell you freelance writing can help you get some extra bucks but you can not depend on it to pay the bills. I am saying out of my experience. There MAY BE a few who earn enough, I would like to know there experience as well.
D Gowardhan
D Gowardhan
from Raigarh
9 years ago

I know some people who do well,, but I understood that most of them have problem getting the payments on time

Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Opened the thread to find the answer of the question you have written. Found some good insights in your blog. I feel you already know more than most of the people here. This thread seems like SSP. Innocent

D Gowardhan
from Raigarh
9 years ago

I did not undersand, what ssp means, And by the way I am not a freelance writer but we are publishing guest articles of freelance writers and their profiles over there.  

D Gowardhan
D Gowardhan
from Raigarh
9 years ago

I could not understand your tax payer concept you wrote above Neena.

Salman Ravoof
Salman Ravoof
from Bangalore
9 years ago

I earned around $2500 dollars in 4 months. When I was finished with my previous clients, finding other similar ones became too much a hassle to bother with. I relaxed till I became poor again. I just took up a full time content writing position now.

D Gowardhan
from Raigarh
9 years ago

its interesting to know this Dear Salman Ravoof,, Can you share few tips about how to get started with freelance content writing work.

Shruti
Shruti
from Kolkata
9 years ago

If you get a good stream of steady clients and you give yourself a couple of years in this field, it pays way better than a IT firm. I quit my well paying job at TCS to go full time freelance and I've zero regrets. 

I make excess of 50k per month consistently. Yes, it is a little unpredictable, you lose stedy clients, but when you do it fulltime and you know it is YOUR job, you will always hunt a new one.

D Gowardhan
from Raigarh
9 years ago

Its great to know about it shruti, 

Ofcourse freelancing is like eastablishing a brand. nice to connect with you.

Micky Fernandez
Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
8 years ago

I agree with both Arvind Passey and Salman Ravoof. I worked for one employer who offered a plethora of assignments, offered a good (yet realistic) pay, and encouraged me to write a lot each day. I could have earned a good amount and solved many of my financial concerns. However, the woman was a fraud and was incapable of paying me.

I have found jobs through Freelancer.com. More recently, though, I have found Olx.in to be a good resource.

D Gowardhan
from Raigarh
8 years ago

Hi Micky, the problem you have faced is really alarming one, its just like humiliating someone. what steps do you think should be taken by freelance writers to avoid such fraud?

Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
8 years ago

Hi D G. I am not sure if there are any solutions. Working is just like living; it is always a learning experience.

Throughout my life--both in the U.S. and India--I have been blessed with wonderful employers and colleagues. It was unfortunate that I had to interact with the Daughter of Satan. The first indications of her evil were of evidence of her being bipolar. I still thought that she would pay me. Perehaps she was merely incompetent rather than being truly criminal. In any case, I see that she is no longer affiliated with Freelancer so everybody can now breathe more easily.

Shravya Gunipudi
Shravya Gunipudi
from Hyderabad
8 years ago

From my experience, I can say that the initial process is quite difficult till you get to a stage where you build clients, retain connections and come up with innovative ways to present the writing required from you. But once that bridge is crossed, it's a pleasurable journey. My suggestion is to start part time and evaluate exactly how profitable it could be for you if you did it for a living. 

After all, being able to earn from doing something that you're passionate about is a blessing in itself. :)

D Gowardhan
from Raigarh
8 years ago

It's interesting to know that you talk about a threshold level, and may be to reach a level where your writings are valued and they want to proudly feature about the author, and by the Shravya, how do you get paid by cleints, i mean to ask whats is the payment mode. 

Shravya Gunipudi
from Hyderabad
8 years ago

:)

Shravya Gunipudi
from Hyderabad
8 years ago

There always is a threshold. Ultimately it is about how far you can go. The best thing about the payment is that there are no limitations. For international transactions, you can go for PayPal. Though it doesn't allow India to retain the money and immediately releases it as soon as it is credited, I find it to be hassle free. Other than that we obviously have direct bank transfers and cheque systems. These are the onea I've had an experience with. 

Deepa
Deepa
from Bangalore
5 years ago

Hi..although it's an old discussion, Can anyone tell me how much to charge and how to charge (Per hour, per word or per article) for writing content for a website? (not a blog post but content like company profile, about us page etc.) 

kalaa shree
kalaa shree
from haryana
5 years ago

क्या हिंदी में भी इस काम को किया जा सकता है?

Dr Menka Yuvraj Varma
Dr Menka Yuvraj Varma
from MUMBAI
5 years ago

Yes, Off-course.... This can also doable in Hindi. 

The charges are around $10 for 500 words.

By Content writing, you can start making money  within a Month.

You can read this for Start Blogging Today!!!

Irfan Web
Irfan Web
from Surankote
5 years ago

Depends on you and your writing skills

WhatsApp Status Video

LockSign in to reply to this thread