Traffic for your website

Paramvir Singh
Paramvir Singh
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Hello to all IndiBloggers!

Can you mention any one activity you did for traffic building that led to a sustained increase in traffic?

(I couldn't find an existing topic on this issue to creating a new one, dont know if the category is right)

Replies 1 to 7 of 7 Descending
Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Paramvir, there are many ways as you might be knowing, including purchased visits... but, what I've seen, regular posting can only help the traffic growth and different ranks/scores associated with it. Let's see what Pros further add to our talk..... [Smile]

Paramvir Singh
Paramvir Singh
from Mumbai
9 years ago

I understand, but you reach a plateau with just posting and not indulging in marketing your blog. What I want to know is what particular activity did you do to boost traffic sustainably.

Tanishq
Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

I believe, to have a sustained traffic, there some of the following steps you might want to take.

• Have subscribers to your website/blog who can get notified as soon as possible when the new text is on air.
  • I have realized in my last 3 years of blogging, that you need to win your readers' trust. Whether a poem/story/coverage which might make them think that its worth it. It sometimes raises the standard of your website/blog in their eyes.
  • Always - ALWAYS go for quality over quantity. For example - 3 years close to blogging, I have only posted 44 posts ever in my lifetime. But, I have made sure, that if someone reads any one of that 44 posts, they are likely to come back when I post my 45th post. They do ask for the sequels/prequels of stories that I publish. So, in-short Win their trust. With this approach, my website is in top 20k websites in India, and globally under 3.5Lakh. (I am talking about my main blog: Captive Of Thoughts, others are just for client basis).
  • Networking plays one of the major roles. Have you joined any groups on facebook related to your content? If No, then do it asap. Because, when you post a topic related to that group, chances are that many like-minded people are going to check it out.
  • There are times, when you need to capture trending topics. Be it any, Go on twitter, look at the trending topics, write a post on it. (Do it only if you feel that you want to, not because its trending. Otherwise, its again quantity defeating quality thing.
  • Whatever you write - do it with all the heart you can. People tend to unconciously realize whats half-hearted approach, and whats passionated approach. Thanks! 
Paramvir Singh
Paramvir Singh
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Whatever you write - do it with all the heart you can. People tend to unconciously realize whats half-hearted approach, and whats passionated approach.

True how tio get the readers?

HR
HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

The best one to get the reader / visitor is from search engine tool as an organic traffic, to get them via search engine you have to post the content per niche with matching search engine parameters and audience requirement keywords. It is even hard for an expert to know the search engine parameters due to often updates on its algorithmsLaughingbut can be known keywords.

1. Keep on writing new things regularly and be patience for few weeks/months to get things done via organic / natural traffic.

2. Keep seperate blog post just for social or referral traffic and don't mix them both LaughingCool.

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

I rely on Google, Google News Facebook and Twitter though I dont promote but get shares, tweets for readers

Himanshu Negi
Himanshu Negi
from Delhi
9 years ago

Hello Paramvir Singh,

If 30,000 views/mon on 123 blogpost (around 75-85 written by me) seems good then my advice is as follows.

• SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
  • FULLFIL DEMAND - Write on topics that users are looking for on Search Engines (Google, Yahoo etc.)

* Use google tools like keyword planner and Google treds to find what audience is trying to find.

* Choose a niche and stick to it. Blogging on random things makes audience untargetable. 

Enjoy!

LockSign in to reply to this thread