New Feature on Indivine

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
9 years ago

The Indiblogger Home Page now displays posts randomly which features Top posts in last 48 hours, Top posts by categories, This Day Last Year, etc... which has been a very commendable change to Indivine. This gives more exposure to newer bloggers while also giving prospective readers much more to choose from.

Another change which I noticed today while I was submitting my post to Indivine was a question which I was asked -

What question does your post answer? (question format, with a " ? " at the end)

This is so similar to the search description that we have on blogger. Does this new Indivine feature help with google search as well?

Edited 9 years ago
Reason: Correction
Replies 1 to 12 of 12 Descending
Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Indivine%2520Feature.png

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Commendable change IndiTeam. Kudos to you! Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

What is the question used for ck? Innocent

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

r, maybe, to help people search better. I do not use IndiVine, so, I can't say for sure. As Arti has already said, it's a feature much like the Search Description in the Blogger Post creation screen.

Is there a search description? Never found it, or probably never bothered to check

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

The tags you enter while submitting a post to IndiVine are used as the meta-keywords and the description is used as meta-description. As of now, I can see that the question is not used anywhere.

Arti
from Mumbai
9 years ago

@CK Yes, I think it is a very commendable introduction! Cool

@NSV Never seen it on blogger or on Indivine? Undecided

@Ranjith Where do you see that it is not used anywhere, in the labyrinth of codes? Innocent

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Yes, as of now the question is not present anywhere in the HTML code.

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Innocent

Mohit
Mohit
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Good changes. I really appreciate this. I know many good bloggers who don't promote their posts at Indivine. The only reason is that same people been able to have their posts appear at the top. I hope that the new changes will make many more people promote their posts at Indivine.

Arti
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Definitely a very good move as you say Mohit, a step in the right direction as far as Indivine is concerned.

It took sometime for me to figure out the changes. To people like me: keep refreshing the homepage and you will see a new list of posts for every refresh.

I thought about this sometime before that if each post could be made as an icon, more posts can be accomodated on the homepage. The new change is nice.

Thanks Arti for your thoughtfulness to write this here.

Arti
from Mumbai
9 years ago

You are welcome Nandhini. Smile

Do you get the "What question does your post answer?" too when you submit a post on Indivine?

Saru Singhal
Saru Singhal
from Toronto
9 years ago

I really like the 'question' feature and you are right, the changing home page gives visibilty to more people. Plus, we get to see interesting posts from various topics and a peek into last year. 

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Interesting introduction... and I'd love to know how it will be used. In what ways would the blogger be at an advantage? 

Saurabh Chawla
Saurabh Chawla
from New Delhi
9 years ago

A very good feature included. It will help many of the people who are looking for answers to specific questions. :)

Girl Parth
Girl Parth
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Amazing feature

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
9 years ago

What? I did not get that question. Or did I miss it? Is it not mandatory?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

It's not manadatory.

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

The feature is now Tongue out

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Yes, the Q-feature has been absent for a few days now...

LockSign in to reply to this thread