Why not MicroSD Cards instead of USB Pen Drives as Prizes?

Rajesh K
Rajesh K
from Chennai
9 years ago

The recent Melbourne contest, along with a few others offered USB Pen drives as a prize for all participants. But I guess MicroSD cards may be more useful as they can be used with mobile, tablet, camera, and even PC (with SD adapter). So is it possible (for IB Team) to request the sponsors to give MicroSD cards instead of USB Pen drives? Just a suggestion. What do others think?

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
Shubham Nyaik
Shubham Nyaik
from Indore
9 years ago

I guess on the go pen drives would be so much better than usb pen drives and sd cards.

Anyways any participation prize is a good to appreciate the effort put in by bloggers.

Rajesh K
from Chennai
9 years ago

what is this 'on the go' pen drive? 

Shubham Nyaik
from Indore
9 years ago

A pen drive that can be plugged in PC and Mobile phones. 

http://www.flipkart.com/sandisk-ultra-dual-16-gb-on-the-go-pendrive/p/itmdsxg4ysurgdg3?pid=ACCDSXG4EQD4TZYT&otracker=from-search&srno=t_1&query=on+the+go+pen+drive+&ref=9ad68d02-c12e-4b1f-b4d7-3231161b7c46This link would help you in knowing the product.  

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

That's a USB OTG Pen drive. A great product, unfortunately, a lot of cellphones don't support this.

Rajesh K
from Chennai
9 years ago

Cool, I love this USB OTG pendrive. @Renie: Go for it!! Money mouth

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

I guess the whole idea behind giving such things is giving away official merchandise. Who would know if I got a 32gb microsd card which I'm using in my phone, instead of a pen drive that has the sponsor's name/logo printed on it?

Rajesh K
from Chennai
9 years ago

they can always put their brand on the case in which the micro sd card is kept! 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Once the micro sd goes inside the phone, the case goes into the dustbin Tongue out

Shivam Ralli
from Ghaziabad
9 years ago

We get a case with micro sd card these days? Surprised

Rajesh K
from Chennai
9 years ago

What's the use of a pen drive that is going to be in our shelves. A microSD card, at least, we will use. When we use, we will remember the sponsorer and maybe even talk about them to others. A tall chance, but still... ;)

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Give SSDs no? free upgrade for all!

Rajesh K
from Chennai
9 years ago

WOW man. Your aims are HIGHER than mere mortals like us. While we are with the SSD, why not try to get a NAS too? Money mouth

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

I have two of them along with 4x WD Red 3TB drives. One is Synology DS112J. Another is Thecus N2310. Wouldn't you like to have a 240-256GB SSD? 850 EVO? 

Rajesh K
from Chennai
9 years ago

I'd definitely like to have an SSD NAS if IB gives both as prizes :) Otherwise, I am happy with my external hard-drive/USB drives for backup :P

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Listen, if the MicroSD card is going to be an inconsequential 2 GB or 4 GB, a fancy pen-drive is equally good... it can then at least be a part of our home-collection. Unless of course, the SD card too is in a package signed by the PM of Australia... in this case even a 500MB card will be great. :)

Rajesh K
from Chennai
9 years ago

No, we want (at least) 8 GB MicroSD card. And if the PM of Australia has not signed it, it better be 16 GB!! Wink

HR
HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Card reader is generally available in the stores (its price starts from Rs 20 to Rs 200 based on brand name) which can be used for any MicroSD card to utilize as USB Pen Drive.

Rajesh K
from Chennai
9 years ago

Exactly, that's why we need MicroSD card + Card Reader. Sponsorers can brand their names on the card reader, if they want. 

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

A proper USB 3.0 readers, then. None of that USB 2.0 now..

Rajesh K
from Chennai
9 years ago

Looks like I have to upgrade my laptop to get latest USB 3.0 ports soon!! 

LockSign in to reply to this thread