HH: How about Amazon.in Vouchers? Also, what to buy (need ideas!!)

Rajesh K
Rajesh K
from Chennai
8 years ago

Thanks to IB Happy Hours, we've all been getting a few Flipkart vouchers of late. I like Flipkart, but I am confused about what to buy??

If it was Amazon.in voucher, I would have bought many eBooks to read on my Kindle. Plus all electronics and home improvmenet stuffs are available on Amazon.in too. So why not Amazon.in vouchers?  

Please choose Flipkart vs Amazon.in (or some other) below. Let's see which e-comm site is most popular.

Also, while you are there, please suggest some interesting things to buy from Flipkart. Let's see if something catches my (and your) fancy Smile Vouchers ko khatam karna padega na?!!

1-20
21-33
Replies 1 to 20 of 33 Descending

I bought Microwave Oven which cost me around 10.5k...I paid 2k from my own valet

HR
from Bangalore
8 years ago

NSV, do you use Microwave Oven (to make Pizza / Burger hot?) or given to your family/mom?

Pri
from Goa
8 years ago

Super cool! Or rather, super hawt (considering it's a microwave oven) Tongue out

No Pizzas and Burgers...I use just to heat morning's food in the evening, or evening's food in the morning Tongue out

Tangerine
Tangerine
from Assam
8 years ago

I prefer Amazon mostly coz 60% of the stuff in Flipkart can not be delivered at my pincode. Frown

If you have a lot of vouchers why not try one of those air fryers (healthier eating option and all that!).... I have been buying shoes with mine though Wink

Pri
from Goa
8 years ago

Smart choice! Jogging shoes are always the more sensible and much reliable option than air fryers. Unless ofcourse its a lazy soul like me...sigh

Chandresh Jain
Chandresh Jain
from Delhi
8 years ago

Donate ..Do some CSR 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
8 years ago

:o

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
8 years ago

You can buy hard copy books from Flipkart, no? They are better than kindle books for your eyes :D

Rajesh K
from Chennai
8 years ago

Oh, nowadays I prefer to listen to eBooks from Google Play Store (Text to Speech technology is available on Google Books App). But between paperback and Kindle books, I prefer Kindle. Mainly because I can increase the font size and carry hundreds of books in my pocket! 

Pri
from Goa
8 years ago

I agree, Ranjith. Ahem! 'Twists Of Fate' is very much available in paperback (just saying...*blush*) Embarassed

Karthik Murali H
Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
8 years ago

Best, upgrade your home network , by getting some powerful routers for 2k/3K

A nice watch for 1000

A nice perfume for 1500

Shoes for 1000-1500

Laptop skins for 200, tempered glass and cases for ur phone for 300 each

Ankita Singhal
Ankita Singhal
from Mumbai
8 years ago

A lot actually, from make up to accessories, like shoes and handbags which you otherwise pass because they cost a lot in stores, you can get it on discount for around 50% discount plus you will get them in perfectly new condition because usually discounted accessories in malls/stores are open in display articles.

Nice large collage photo frames, from 1500/- or more even less.

Coffee maker, smart phone etc etc. 

You can pamper yourself or surprise your family member. I have purchased a lot from flipkart (99% from WSRetailer) mostly from my own wallet as those were not Happy hours times.

One thing I like of Flipkart is that their reviews can mostly be trusted.

Con - I can't always trust non-WSRetailer product and WSRetailer isn't giving extensive options.

I don't know if you are aware of it or not, The GVs that start with '6' can be used to purchase anything over flipkart, from any seller not only WSRetailer but anyone and these days all the GVs starts from '6'.

Ankita Singhal
from Mumbai
8 years ago

And I choose Flipkart over amazon.

Ankita Singhal
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Also for ebooks, I have a samsung tab and flipkart have an app for ebooks, I use it. I used to have Kindle but I ditched it Foot in mouth (I feel bad for it already) for Android tab as it is of much use to me, But please know, Kindle always rocks (Said from my, a BookNerd's Heart)

Rajesh K
from Chennai
8 years ago

I too have an android tab and use it to listen to audio books and Google Play Books with Text To Speech technology. But between Flipkart and Amazon eBooks, I prefer Kindle books because I can read them on a Kindle. Reading on a tablet is difficult for me, esp. after continuously staring at the computer monitor!

Oindrila De
Oindrila De
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Does Amazon allow you to redeem multiple vouchers for a single purchase? And can you resuse a voucher if you have some balance on it? If not, then Flipkart is  clear winner for me. I bought a DSLR with 15 vouchers and a little bit of extra cash. My technique is to hoard vouchers and buy expensive stuff I dream of and therwise would not buy. You can also buy your regular FMCG things - premium shampoo/handmade soap/moisturiser/lip balm, etc. And let's not forget the usual clothes & shoes. I used to buy books but now I mostly get them for free cuz I review stuff for authors.

Another thing you can do (never done this before, but seems like an incredible idea) is buy random stuff which are in demand & sell them on olx/quikr for cold hard cash - which is anyday more welcome than any kinda voucher. Wink Not sure if this is legal though.

Perfectly Legal

Rajesh K
from Chennai
8 years ago

Wow, that selling on OXL/Quikr is a good idea, provided we are able to sell Wink

Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
8 years ago

Not sure if this is legal though.

No, it's not legal (though I have seen quite a few ads on olx and quikr with their fk bills). Why I am saying so is because if you notice carefully the lines written right at the bottom of the bill, it would be written - "The goods sold as part of this shipment are intended for end user consumption/retail sale and not for re-sale."

1. E - Voucher can be a Birthday gift. Print details on good papers and gift pack the printed e - voucher. 2. Hold many voucher and pay for big purchase.3. many small stuff on single voucher. 

Rajesh K
from Chennai
8 years ago

Gifting the vouchers is a good idea. Never thought of that! 

sarah malik
sarah malik
from New Delhi
8 years ago
I am pretty happy with flipkart! I cant save vouchers so I mostly end up buying books or some cosmetics etc! I suggest you to make a list of things and then search them on flipkart to get the best deals. Or gift them to the woman of the house, she will do good justice to your vouchers ;) and that too very quickly :p
Shilpa Jadhav
Shilpa Jadhav
from Navi Mumbai
8 years ago

Flipkart is good....

HR
HR
from Bangalore
8 years ago

IB shall conduct the survery from members' to know their choice on this for future consideration/suggestion to the sponsor, as below.

1. SnapDeal

2. Flipkart

3. Amazon

4. Others Wink

Ranjith
from hyderabad
8 years ago

Bank Transfer? Laughing

HR
from Bangalore
8 years ago

That is option number 4th Cool (Cash / EFT / Wire Transfer etc.)

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Cash Frown

HR
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Ok VP - don't worry, for you Voucher + Cash.

Depanjan Chowdhury
from Kolkata
8 years ago

EFT but it needs a small amount of money I guess so, FK win win Smile

Rajesh K
from Chennai
8 years ago

Cash/EFT is a good idea, but creates unnecessary Income Tax hassles. 

Depanjan Chowdhury
Depanjan Chowdhury
from Kolkata
8 years ago

I bought a Moto E 2nd Gen for dad Innocent.

Btw, with the remaining money, I sent a hand-made diary to a fellow IndiBlogger friend and a Power bank as a gift to a Twitter friend LaughingCool

Rajesh K
from Chennai
8 years ago

Hey, I am also your indiBlogger friend now. Got a hint? Tongue out

Pri
from Goa
8 years ago

These sound like brilliant choices. Awesome! :)

Shunmugasundari
Shunmugasundari
from Chennai
8 years ago

As Oindrila De said, if Amazon allows us to use multiple vouchers for single order and balances to carry forward, Amazon will be the best.

Pri
Pri
from Goa
8 years ago

Buy my novel 'Twists Of Fate' . It's interesting! ;)

Pri
from Goa
8 years ago

Err...this was in reply to the main thread asking for suggestions of interesting things to buy :P

Rajesh K
from Chennai
8 years ago

I prefer Google Play Books because the app lets me to listen to eBooks. Otherwise, I prefer Amazon Kindle. Flipkart and paperbacks are a thing of the past, at least for me! 

Archana Natarajan
Archana Natarajan
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Flipkart E-book app is also pretty good and if you have a phone with a big screen you can read books easily. There are also discounts on many e books. I have utilized my vouchers to even gift close ones in my family. Practically buying items from all sections available on flipkart:) Bought LED bulbs and Lamps- (Philips). Thanks to IB, my room is looking bright and well decorated. 

Amreen Shaikh
Amreen Shaikh
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Earlier, I didn't liked flipkart and preferred Snapdeal because it allowed me to purchase items from multiple sellers, while flipkart allowed me to choose items from only one seller. But, flipkart has this advantage of its own courier service, buying from adding multiple vouchers, varied range of products and making mutliple orders. I prefer Flipkart hence! I have bought dresses for me and my mom, premium lunchbox as a gift to my brother on his new office joining, bags and Caratlane jewellery. I believe flipkart vouchers are perfect! 

:)

nikhimenon
nikhimenon
from India
8 years ago

Flipkart is actually good..only thing,goods are slghtly more expensive than in amazon,still ts far better than other e-commerce sites

Clementia DSouza
Clementia DSouza
from Mumbai
8 years ago

I dnt like flipkart coz of one prob that is they dnt have choice to segrate sellers like amazon for amazon fulfilled

N yea most of things are way cheaper on amazon :(

Sanjay
Sanjay
from Chennai
8 years ago
In amazon you can add the vouchers to your account and when you purchase they manage which vouchers are used based on the expiry date. Yes, they combine several vouchers or partially use a voucher for a transaction.
Rajesh K
from Chennai
8 years ago

Thanks for confirming that Amazon does indeed combine multiple vouchers or allows partial vouchers for a purchase. 

Radhika Mundra
Radhika Mundra
from Jodhpur
8 years ago

Amazon is better any day! :)

1-20
21-33
LockSign in to reply to this thread