Today's popular posts - how does it work?

Vibha Ravi
Vibha Ravi
from Mumbai
8 years ago

I notice that 'today's popular posts' feature posts which were posted yesterday but not all posted yesterday qualify as contenders.

My questions

Is there a cutoff time for posts put up on the previous day to qualify for listing on the next day's list?

What is the time duration to qualify in this list? i.e. if it is 24 hours, 24 hours from what time IST?

What is the best time to post as per IST (not US times)?

Btw, I have had posts featured in the popular posts earlier so, it's not that I've not been there. But there's no harm in upping that number hence asking.

Edited 8 years ago
Reason: shortened question
Replies 1 to 8 of 8 Descending
Antarik Anwesan
Antarik Anwesan
from New Delhi
8 years ago

I am not very sure but I think it takes into account ALL posts from the LAST 24 hours. So no cut off time. It's just 24 hours from the moment a post is posted on indivine.

I find it interesting that you had to put in a disclaimer. It does not matter... people will automatically assume that is your reason. There can no discussion beyond that point and you cannot change their minds since they are unable to think beyond that one reason.

Vibha Ravi
Vibha Ravi
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Yup Slo. I agree. But Antarik there has to be a cut off time when the software would calculate votes for posts to qualify being on that list.

I see you are all set to ace the maze. Best wishes.
God knows how this came up three times. Indipolice, delete duplicte one.
Vibha Ravi
Vibha Ravi
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Hey guys! Could we all stay on topic and someone please answer the questions?

Antarik Anwesan
Antarik Anwesan
from New Delhi
8 years ago

My understanding:

For the 'Today's Popular Posts' section, all posts posted on indivine are taken into account from the moment they are posted till the next 24 hours end. 

Votes on indivine are a continuos thing. They do not require a cut-off time.

If within those 24 hours a post gets more votes than the last post on the homepage, automatically it appears on the homepage. And so on..

So there would be no fixed number of votes which can make one's post appear there. One could get there at 30 votes or even at 90 votes. (Depends on days, timings etc- Not possible to predict)

Anks
Anks
from Mumbai
8 years ago

If your post makes it to the top post, how do you get to know? I have never been there!

You will get an email notification that your post has made it to the Top-Posts for the day. You will also get a badge for that.

I don't know if you have got satisfactory answer yet, but reaching that top post can be achieved by voting for all indivine posts or most indivine posts religiously. From those whom you've voted many will vote for your blog post. You will surely get the top post grade.
HR
HR
from Bangalore
8 years ago

May be, top ten posts with max votes / points but in lesser duration :D

LockSign in to reply to this thread