BNLF Mumbai: Official Thread

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
8 years ago

Folks, our most ambitious project is now underway, and we need all of you on board. This entire thing is planned and executed by IndiBlogger - which means all of you can play a crucial role in this event!

https://www.bnlf.com/

You should receive an email today with regards to getting passes for this event, and the grand scale of things. In the meantime though, perhaps we can use this thread to discuss bloggers from Mumbai hosting outstation bloggers for the two days of BNLF (thanks to Blogwati Gee for the idea!).

Bloggers from outside Mumbai who are looking for a place to stay, and bloggers from Mumbai who have a spare bed or three, please let us know!

Unfortunately, IB will not be able to sponsor travel or accomodation for outstation bloggers, as this event is really quite expensive, far, far more expensive than anything we've ever done before. On the upside though, that means being at this event is going to be more than worth your while!

Also, if anyone has any tips or questions on traveling to Mumbai, finding hotels near the venue which are safe for women, so on and so forth - please add it to this thread. Thanks! Smile

Replies 1 to 20 of 182 Descending
CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
8 years ago

Great going. Best of luck! Laughing

Good... Keep going Best of luck...Cool

Blogwati Gee
Blogwati Gee
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Yup, as I mentioned my home is open to two....three if they can adjust to mattresses on the floor. Cool This event is going to be of EPIC proportions, so anything we can do to help, I am game.

Blogwati Gee
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Oh yes, you will need to be cat loving people.....coz I have two at home. So, do keep that in mind Smile

TechChumz
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Blogwati Gee, that's very generous, keep up the spirit. I still remember you donating your MacIntosh. Love. Techhchumz.

Blogwati Gee
from Mumbai
8 years ago

TechChumz, thanks much. Believe me not doing anything over the top. You'd host out of station friends, now wouldn't you? Smile And I think you have me confused with someone else. I never owned a Mac to donate it.

Katie
from chennai
8 years ago

Blogwati Gee, It is very nice of you to extend your home for us travelling from outside Mumbai. We are not yet sure if we are selected to be at the event. will get in touch with you once we are confirmed. Once again, Thanks.

Blogwati Gee
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Look forward, Katie. Good luck on your travel plans. I do hope they materialize. Smile

Abhishek Agrawal
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Blogwati Gee, it's very kind and generous of you to have come up with this idea. I really appreciate it! If I get a free pass, I'd be coming down to Mumbai from Mysore, and would be glad to get a  place to stay. All plans at this moment though! Cheers! Smile

TechChumz
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Blogwati, I love both cats and dogs, and need you to be on my network so we can discuss if you can accommodate me. I've added you. Could I request you to add me?

I just visited the page, and am tempted to apply for a pass Tongue out

Heena Dhedhi
Heena Dhedhi
from Mumbai
8 years ago

how about tying up with Oyo rooms for a reduced rate for mumbai stay. am sure they will be interested esp if we are talking volumes. 

Sumit Nangia
from Pune
8 years ago

This is a great idea. Renie if you could get to talk with someone up the ladder at Oyo, it could a lot of value to the event organization.

2 Weeks back we friends had a 4 day Goa stay at 50% off due to Oyo Special discounts. Oyo people would love to have a hundred odd bloggers writing about their premium rooms and facilities after the stay. We people can scribble an after stay experience blogpost for Oyo.

Here and here are the LinkedIn Profile for their Strategic Alliances & Partnership Promoter and Business Development Head.

Stayzilla is giving free stay, but don't know quality of rooms with them.
Thumbs up to the indi team for organizing such grand event. I am looking forward to it with abated breath. I have some ideas. 1) Announcement that some lucky bloggers who have applied and accepted by your team, randomly on a lucky draw basis their blogs might feature on the highlights in the function. This would be an added incentive to bloggers. 2) scratch cards will be given at the entrance to bloggers and various prizes showered, basically" tete a tete talk talk with their favorite star" etc. etc. These are just ideas,
The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

BTW, I am the unofficial speaker. I am sure many would be interested in that! :P

Anshul Tewari isn't the only IBA winner who'll be there! All back benchers, rejoice!  

Yo, will listen intently.
Parichita
from Mumbai
8 years ago

TS, you will speak about something I am going to understand? Innocent

But on a serious note, what is the difference between official and non-official speaker? (And organize your speech on the day when I can hear.)

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

official speakers officially speaks. Unofficial speakers cracks jokes with everyone including Renie, eats cake, listens to cake jokes, sits with the usual suspects, gets bored occasionally and most importantly they would stand and walk around more than official speakers. 

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Koi mujhe batayega ye BNLF ka fullform kya hai Innocent

SUJATA TAWDE
from Mumbai
8 years ago

@Vijay Have u signed up for IndiCrew ?

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Nope but applied for the free pass

Blog Now Live Forever

SUJATA TAWDE
SUJATA TAWDE
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Blog Now Live Forever = BNLF

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Thanks Sujata Smile

HR
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Aise hi free me Aashirwaad le liya Laughing

apurva chitte
apurva chitte
from pune
8 years ago

Its asking to write about BNLF, I have never seen this event, what am I supposed to write? Fantasy?

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
8 years ago

You can write about what excites you the most about BNLF, what elements you're looking forward to, if you think this event is going to be different from other conferences, some insight and trivia on the speakers (Google will give you plenty of info) and so on! Smile

DS
DS
from Mumbai
8 years ago
Excited to finally be able to meet the Inditeam!
Snazzyawi
Snazzyawi
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Any updates on passes ??

TechChumz
from Bangalore
8 years ago
Good question. 😊
SUJATA TAWDE
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Hi Snazzyawi , Have you written a blog-post about #BNLF ?

Aritra Reliving dreams
from Mumbai
8 years ago

I just got a provisional Pass (that is what it is called)...it is an assurance for the Blogger pass...that is supposed to reach me in a couple of weeks...

Thanks indi team for the provisionsl pass, and the surprise gift as well. Indi rocks. Three cheers.
Katie
from chennai
8 years ago

+1 Thanks IB

SUJATA TAWDE
SUJATA TAWDE
from Mumbai
8 years ago

@IndiBlogger Team , Thanks for the Provisional Pass and token of appreciation .

Pragati Bidkar
Pragati Bidkar
from Pune
8 years ago

Oh,...so have people already started getting passes...congrats to the chosen ones :)

SUJATA TAWDE
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Hi Pragati , you have to write a blog-post about the #BNLF , as explained by Renie ....  You can write about what excites you the most about BNLF, what elements you're looking forward to, if you think this event is going to be different from other conferences, some insight and trivia on the speakers (Google will give you plenty of info) and so on! .... If the Indi-Team likes it , then you will receive the #BNLF pass earlier than usual.

TechChumz
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Check once, Pragati, Indiblogger said we have got to write the post by 24th august. In fact, I'd love Indiblogger to clarify this right here on this thread, for I am itching to write another blog for BNLF.

Karthik Murali H
Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
8 years ago

Thanks IB team :)  Will try my best to be there 

Salman Ravoof
Salman Ravoof
from Bangalore
8 years ago

I want to attend this. Should we write a blog post to get the pass?

Blogpost time has lapsed as date was 24th aug. now you have to apply on bnlf page.
Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
8 years ago

Guys, writing a blog post was for an activity that passed. Anyone else will have to go through the normal moderation process. However, if you do blog about BNLF, we would greatly appreciate it! Smile

Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
8 years ago

Renie, btw i jus booked my flights .Will be there first thing Oct 31st.

Thankfully to and fro costed me 4900 total all incl from singara chennai :) so booked it instantly

Shubham Choudhary
Shubham Choudhary
from Pune
8 years ago

I just got a mail regarding a provisional pass to the event. I guess many of you must've got it. Can't believe I'm in! :D

Katie
Katie
from chennai
8 years ago

@Renie, Can you give us some insight on Day 2 and what it involves to attend it? It will help us to plan our travel.

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
8 years ago

Katie, we're working on adding the agenda today!

LockSign in to reply to this thread