Shall I use Images from Google Search Results for my Blog?

Vrushabh
Vrushabh
from Belgaum
8 years ago

Hi All,

I'm new to blogging. I need suggestion from you all that whether using Images from Google search results is fine or not? If it is not fine then from where I need to get the images to add in my blog.

For example : - I m going write on any latest invention or any latest Mobile or Gadget so to make it more user friendly and attractive I need to use images of latest mobile phone. Only source I found is Google. So in this case please need your inputs.

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
8 years ago

An absolute no, if you're thinking of depending entirely on Google search results. A thumbrule for using images or other's intellectual property is to check out the copyright information associated with the property, irrespective of whether it is an image, a video or a piece of text, and then use it according to the sharing information.

As far as gadgets are concerned, almost all brands/manufacturers have media kits supplying material for people and organizations with relevant material for the product. You need to know that you do not hold copyrights to these.

Vrushabh
from Belgaum
8 years ago

Thank You:)

HR
HR
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Use images from Manufacturer's website and mention 'courtesy' under it. You can use Google's image where 'Labelled for re-use image' option in 'search tool' available, and credit to be mentioned of the source name / site.

Vrushabh
from Belgaum
8 years ago

Thank You:)

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

For mobiles and gadgets, you can use the images from the official sites. Usually, it's allowed under fair usage, and besides you're promoting them for free :P. Those shots are meant for promo purposes as it is. Just mention image source towards the bottom, or else link the photo to the site. But if you have the opportunity  to take the product pictures, go for it. I see a lot of press conferences where they call in bloggers for cost-effective coverage, but taking your pictures is much better off. 

Vrushabh
Vrushabh
from Belgaum
8 years ago

Thanks a lot for all of your suggestion. Now onwards I will use images from official sites and will mention image source or will link it to their website. Thanks once again. Please visit my blog www.vrushabh.com and suggest me what all changes I need to do. I m beginner for blogging world. Need all of  your help to get success in blogging world. Smile

Kunal Malhotra
from Noida
8 years ago

You can also try www.search.creativecommons.org for using images on your blog with due credits. Hope this works for you. :)

Srikanth Ramakrishnan
Srikanth Ramakrishnan
from Mumbai
8 years ago

I'd suggest you use Flickr [use images with a CC or PD licence], or head to Creative Commons/Wikimedia Commons for images.

However, make sure you credit the original creator of the image. I make sure that all image descriptions carry the image licence, author name, even if it is my own image.

LockSign in to reply to this thread