Maintaining a steady readership

Srikanth Ramakrishnan
Srikanth Ramakrishnan
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Hi all,

I thought I could start a discussion here about readership.

Note: I don't intend for this thread to become a discussion point for SEO and Traffic. Just plain readership.

So I start off:

1. What do you do to keep your readers active? By active, I'm referring to them actively returning to your blog.

2. How do you build a loyal readership for your blog?

Given than I'm more of a marketing fellow to whom a loyal base has so far been pretty much irrelevant, I feel the second question is a bit tricky for me.

So yeah, please answer them, and ak more questions. Let us learn and share our knowledge. :)

Replies 1 to 2 of 2 Descending
The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Both questions are tricky, especially if you're running websites in this day of age when there are already established websites in almost all genres. Its a very long term process but I always felt that as long as you do it truthfully and have regular maintenance of the site (faster load times, better-looking interface for desktop and mobiles), fresh content along with consistency, eventually you'll have a like-minded loyal reader base. 

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

lol, I initially misread it as 'Steady relationship'! :P

Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
8 years ago

maintaining a steady readership or a relationship is both difficult :P

HR
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Maintaining a steady blog itself a difficult task first Laughing

Katie
Katie
from chennai
8 years ago

Too many options here.  Probably interesting content, and  specializing in a specific area might bring in readers. Steady does not apply to blogs :),  Its always ups and downs. Do go beyond yourself, it helps.

Srikanth Ramakrishnan
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Been trying to do that. Tried my hand at poetry this time.

LockSign in to reply to this thread