Is there any Wordpress Expert?

Fayaz Pasha
Fayaz Pasha
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Hi Folks,

My blog is accessible but I have not been able to login to my dashboard since two weeks as I keep getting the following message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function sanitize_key() in /home1/zayaf121/public_html/wp-includes/post.php on line 1001

I tried to deactivate all plugins using CPanel but it didn't work.  I was advised to update wordpress manually but I'm afraid to take the risk as I'm not savvy with certain terms.

Here's a link to my posts that are working:

http://muslimweddingflight.com/site-map

I would appreciate your assistance to resovle this issue.

Regards,

Fayaz

Edited 8 years ago
Reason: Need an expert's opinion on Wordpress
Replies 1 to 2 of 2 Descending

You seem to have manually edited the html codes of your theme, and it has gone wrong. Please remember to change theme code only through Child theme way. If you don't know how to do that, it's better that you don't edit any html or theme related codes.

You can do two things to resolve this issue. 

1. Get into your hosting website control panel and update the wordpress, that should override your earlier code change. If the update gets done successfully without any problem, you will not lose any files.
  2. Or alternatively, you can first download the theme that is there on your website , and then copy the files of that exact theme one by one, from the downloaded folder to your hosting site's wordpress folder. It should be almost same as point 1, but even more difficult.But since it will be manual, the chances of wordpress upgrade going wrong will be avoided.

Before doing anything, take a complete back up of all your files using the options in your hosting site's control panel. Most websites provide the facility of making back up of website files at any point of time.

Discliamer:- I am not wordpress expert, but I do have some experience of managing wordpress based websites. 

Varma
Varma
from trivandrum
7 years ago

Just download the complete WordPress code from wordpress.org and replace the file post.php under wp-includes.

Also try to rename the plugin folder under Wp-content to disable all plugins.

You can also edit the WP-config in the root directory and add 

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
at the very bottom, to see any further errors on your blog.

LockSign in to reply to this thread