How many are interested to start a media company or a media house

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
7 years ago

I noticed some people have more than one blogs with their own TLDs and self-hosted. Normally, I don't see such conversations, but I noticed a lot of well-established tech websites have registered as a PVT Ltd, running few websites, having a staff for writing and covering events, etc. I wonder if anyone has such plans, or in the process of doing that. 

Replies 1 to 4 of 4 Descending
HAIMANTI DUTTA RAY
HAIMANTI DUTTA RAY
from KOLKATA
7 years ago

Highly interested. But, for that matter, who would do the financing part of it? My blog is rated at 50. Haven't received a single approval for my applications to IndiOne. That's really a bad picture. Isn't it?

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
7 years ago

I have not started, but it is one of the areas where I am thinking of getting involved. The finance part of course is a limitation, but with persistant efforts, I do think I am make a decent start. May be in next couple of months, I will start doing it.

I have been a Pr consultant from last 12 years .. I have been part of election campaigns too ... right now 4th campaign is on its way ... Being in PR and being a part of Media all day round ... I would not start a Media company ... First Its damn tough competition . secondly Big fishes would eat small fishes ... Its better to be PR consultant than start a Media company ... 

Srikanth Ramakrishnan
Srikanth Ramakrishnan
from Mumbai
7 years ago

I've been a blogger for over a decade now, have worked for a magazine, on contract with one, and will be running another once this stint is over. On top of that, I've worked as a Social Media marketer for several high profile Govt of India events and have a degree in media and communication.

A bunch of us, from my alma mater and my current workplace, plus my blogging circle plan to set up our own eMagazine in the next year. We plan to make it a big one, we'll go for crowdfunding to get a seed amount to start our venture.

LockSign in to reply to this thread