Can someone please explain me the blunder in this post?

Ragini Dhiman
Ragini Dhiman
from Sivakasi
7 years ago

Hi everyone! 

This was the first time I wrote a post for happy hours and in a matter of 24 hours I was rejected! I would like to learn what went wrong so that I can aviod doing this in the future.

Here is the link!

http://www.raginidhiman.com/reasons-why-bali-should-be-on-your-bucket-list/

Kindly point out the deviations from the requirements!

Replies 1 to 7 of 7 Descending
Dr.Amrita Basu
Dr.Amrita Basu
from Kolkata
7 years ago

What exactly were the requirements? 

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
7 years ago

Appears you just missed one of the main requirements. The link is missing, or that I guess is the issue, as I couldn't find it out.

Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
7 years ago

I also thought so but she has put the link, in the last paragraph (International Airlines). But as per my understanding I guess her post got rejected because we were supposed to write about our plans for a vacation starting from the point of origin whereas she has written about Bali. And a few grammatical errors. Otherwise I couldn't find any other reason. Like DS has suggested, you can contact the IB tech team and raise a ticket and they will let you know the exact reason.

DS
DS
from Mumbai
7 years ago
Kindly raise a ticket. Can't allow every user to create a new thread.
Ragini Dhiman
Ragini Dhiman
from Sivakasi
7 years ago

I seriously have no idea what went wrong! Already raised a ticket and waiting for their reply. 

@DS : Now there is a problem with registered Indiblogger users creating a thread too? Sorry, but I am not aware of the requirements in this case :P

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
7 years ago

The point is if everyone creates a thread for every complains the community aspect of the forum dies off. there is an existing mechanism for it which directly connects one to indiwale. 

Ragini Dhiman
Ragini Dhiman
from Sivakasi
7 years ago

Okay ! So ideally waiting for reply from Indiblogger is the only option to know the faults in my post? 

Cool! 👍

i feel you wrote a post of knowledge about bali, you could have just added I plan to go there soon. or I long to go there. Anchor link gives error when clicking on it. You can check my blogpost if you want. Just my opinion. Though the blogpost you wrote is tempting me to change my plan from europe to bali.. 

icici lombards ad link is on top at beginning of post. It may be of google ads, but a dampener.

Karthik Murali H
Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
7 years ago

u can simply reply in the relevant thread of this contest , which is the yatra hh thread.

Karthik Murali H
Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
7 years ago

I think i know the reason y.. U should have done a "edit html" and mentioned the link

What u have done is typed out international flights, clicked on add link , and put this text in that web link box :  <a href="http://www.yatra.com/international-flights/" target="_blank">International Flights</a>

This is wrong. Instead what you should have done is , typed the text go to "Edit HTML" option, and find the line where international flights was mentioned and update that line alone with this :  <a href="http://www.yatra.com/international-flights/" target="_blank">International Flights</a>

Then it should have worked.. Currently your link is not even clickable. do check

Ragini Dhiman
from Sivakasi
7 years ago

Thank you so much, Karthik! I will keep this in mind while writing furure posts :)

LockSign in to reply to this thread